• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucasarts re-releasing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1,2 this summer

Sorry if this is old, I browsed the first couple of pages and didn't see anything

Lucasarts will be re-releasing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 in a bundle for $19.99 this summer.

kotor.jpg

Chris R

Are they going to fix kotor 2? And what about proper widescreen support for kotor 1? If they fix that stuff I'd probably bite.

clashfan

Looks like PC only? I was hoping for a optimized version of KOTOR for the 360. KOTOR currently runs like a slide show on the 360...

Ponn

Banned
Be bigger better news if they were re-releasing them with updated graphics or as XBLA/PSN downloads.

Emitan

I'll buy it. Never owned KotOR II and I might as well own a 3rd copy of the original KotOR.

Plus I want to show them that THEY NEED TO MAKE ANOTHER SINGLE PLAYER STAR WARS RPG FUUUUUCK

Ein Bear

God if this was a full on remaster, with all the cut content in KotOR 2 restored then I'd buy it so hard.

But yeah, this'll just be a cheap re-release :(

def sim

A widescreen version would be just great. I applied a mod to fix that but the UI is stretched and looks awful.

Maybe we'll finally get KotOR 2 on Steam. I rented KotOR 2 on Xbox once, but never finished. Never bought KotOR 2 on PC as the lowest I've ever seen it is $20, which is still too much for me at this point when the game is that old.

The optimistic side of me is hoping this is a sign that LucasArts will return to being the "good guys" and making games people want to play.

But we all know that is not the case. This is just a cheap reprint.

Gileadxv

Banned
I wonder if they'll fix/complete the ending for KotOR 2. This isn't a troll post, I'm genuinely wondering. KotOR 2 would have out shined the original, but it was obvious it was released too early in order to make the holiday season. I don't think I've personally seen a game self destruct quite as horrifically as KotOR 2 (ME3 would be a close contender, but at least it was an ending -- as rubbish as it was).

Maybe we'll finally get KotOR 2 on Steam. I rented KotOR 2 on Xbox once, but never finished. Never bought KotOR 2 on PC as the lowest I've ever seen it is $20, which is still too much for me at this point when the game is that old.

I've never owned KOTOR 2, and it's something I'd love to try if I could get it over the net without spending too much.

I guess this is probably to get more interest in SWTOR than another KOTOR, perhaps linking in with a new update for the MMO.

I see this as bad news, a GOG deal would let me get what I want from their backlog, this seems like they might drip feed there older games as long as they can.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
How do we know there are no fixes? There was nothing confirming that posted.

Eusis

Fuck that retail bundle shit. If you're not going to fix anything, just put both of them out cheap-ish of a variety of DD services.
If they're not complete idiots (though I kind of expect them to be) we'll probably see KotOR2 added to Steam and other places in the near future, much like how NWN2 Platinum surfaced shortly before the retail collection of the NWN games.

Yopis

Looks like PC only? I was hoping for a optimized version of KOTOR for the 360. KOTOR currently runs like a slide show on the 360...

False played through both only after 360 came out. Some rough audio glitches here and there but not a slide show at all.

antonz

Whole point is to rebuild interest in the series then probably have some trailer play at the end about SWTOR and continue living the story bla bla

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's speculation, nothing wrong with that until we know more.
Then I'll speculate that they signed a deal with GOG and after their shit was fixed up for that now they're capitalizing on it just because they can. It has happened plenty of times before.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
KOTOR 2 was still pretty good even though the end was so... Nonexistent

Still hoping for KOTOR 3... The KOTOR universe was just so well done... Loved everything about the game

Top Bottom