• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LucasFilm prepped a Bobba Fett spinoff teaser reel before director dropped out

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT. Seriously? I think I'm going to be sick. I always knew that was Greedo's race obviously but holy shit is this lazy and stupid that it's actually him.

In a massive universe they felt it was reasonable that Luke(by way of Anakin), C3PO, and fucking Greedo all have origins from the same neighborhood in Episode 1? My god.

No need to vom.

It's not Greedo.

SpaceWolf

Banned
What does this deleted scene have to do with the claim in my post?

That's right: nothing.

As said above, that picture is of Wald, not Greedo. Only Wald is in TPM. Greedo is in a deleted scene, which isn't canon.

EDIT: Too slow with the stealth. Your mistake will live on.

My point was that George Lucas had seen fit to write and film a scene delving into the early adventures of a young, pre-blasted Greedo. That fact alone will always remain somewhat amazing to me, even if, like with Baby Han Solo, Lucas eventually came to his senses and cut the character's inclusion out of the finished film. :)

Although your post did teach me that I should probably be ashamed of my apparent inability to tell Rodian's apart.

latest

Wald.jpg

Sorry, Wald. Hope you went on to live a better life than that other guy. I look forward to your Expanded Universe Novel in 2024.

aliengmr

#FuckFett
Obiwan movie instead

Yes, because I would like nothing more than to watch a crazy old hermit sit in his hut for 2 decades doing nothing at all. Surely that is more exciting than any movie involving a fucking bounty hunter, surely.

Neither character is well suited to have their own movie at this time period.

Yes, because I would like nothing more than to watch a crazy old hermit sit in his hut for 2 decades doing nothing at all. Surely that is more exciting than any movie involving a fucking bounty hunter, surely.

You do know
That there's an actor
That played young obi-wan
Who was actually really good
And they could like
Make a movie where
That actor plays him
And he's not old
You know?

And Boba Fett isn't even a bounty hunter, he's a fucking asshole that got knocked into a worm pit by a blind man
By accident.

RyanW

Star Wars Rebels is doing a pretty interesting setup with Kenobi and
a certain horned red and black Sith
that could be interesting for the big screen

Don't need a Boba Fett film.

Would have liked them to adapt part of the legacy EU for older Fett though. It'd be dope to see an old ass Fett teach Finn how to take out Force users.

Surfinn

I never understood this perspective. Just because he appears there in ANH doesn't mean that's literally all he did since EP3. Surely we're willing to use SOME creativity here.

Who the hell WOULDN'T wanna see more Ewan as Obi?

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Good then that he did stuff, right?

I never understood this perspective. Just because he appears there in ANH doesn't mean that's literally all he did since EP3. Surely we're willing to use SOME creativity here.

Who the hell WOULDN'T wanna see more Ewan as Obi?

It really doesn't make sense.

"No, I don't want solo adventures of this established character. Give me a movie about this jobber instead, because his armor looks so cool!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom