• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucid Games (PGR, ex-Bizarre Creations) teasing May announcement

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
Worst bump ever.

Well, I don't have possibilities to post new thread, and the fact that their website is actually down is intriguing me.

I'll never get he point of bumping something to say, "so does anyone know what happened to this?? Anyone have any news??"

Like, if anyone had news don't you think they would have bumped it themselves?

Well I know... But Neogaf seems different from other forums, that's why I didn't think that bumping a thread would be this negative... They even said to use old thread to post, what's what I did.
Sorry for the inconvenience... The idea was just to react & remember to this announce.

jwk94

After the easy they abandoned the Vita with Jacob Jones, I don't trust these guys anymore. Hell did they ever finish that game?

Well, I don't have possibilities to post new thread, and the fact that their website is actually down is intriguing me.

Well I know... But Neogaf seems different from other forums, that's why I didn't think that bumping a thread would be this negative... They even said to use old thread to post, what's what I did.
Sorry for the inconvenience... The idea was just to react & remember to this announce.

AFAIK there's a time limit on bumps.

Shaneus

Two years.

Two fucking years. And it was may TWO YEARS AGO. A search would've worked. Looking at their releases on their wiki would've worked. Anything would've worked other than bumping a thread from two years ago to ask "What happen?". Or you could've tweeted them directly. Ugh.

low-G

Ok, well...

What was THIS?:

arrlw8.gif

TJP

Yes it was indeed that..oh what might have been if Activision weren't a pack of arseholes.

Yeah man, I've just looked and episode 2 came out on iOS ages ago... Where's the Vita version, Lucid?!
Jacob came to Steam a while ago too without any fanfare - Lucid dev's posted a few messages and that was it.

Shaneus

It was a mobile racing game called "2k Drive"
http://www.lucidgames.co.uk/product/2kdrive/

There you go.
That's not when they were teasing what could've been PGR5, was it? I thought it was longer ago than that. My heart was broken a lot longer ago than that.

I think. Although the VVV article date has me thinking otherwise.

Thankfully Driveclub has eased the pain. Still, no city environments, but it's basically PGR in everything but name.

SliChillax

That's not when they were teasing what could've been PGR5, was it? I thought it was longer ago than that. My heart was broken a lot longer ago than that.

I think. Although the VVV article date has me thinking otherwise.

Thankfully Driveclub has eased the pain. Still, no city environments, but it's basically PGR in everything but name.
If you're talking about the "road opens 2013" teaser then yes, it was about 2K Drive.

Whaaaaat so this was all just for a mobile game with one of the worst names ever and no one talked about from 2 years ago?! Serves me for getting hyped.

Green Yoshi

They should buy the Blur-IP (if it's possible for a fair price) and release it for PS4&Xbox One. It's still unique and would profit from more horsepower.

Shaneus

They should buy the Blur-IP (if it's possible for a fair price) and release it for PS4&Xbox One. It's still unique and would profit from more horsepower.
Who's "they"? Geometry Wars 3 was developed by Lucid and published by Sierra, who are wholly owned by Activision Blizzard. FWIW, Activision still own the Blur IP (although I believe they "leased" it to some random dev to make a horrific F2P iOS game).

Ball's in their court for a Blur 2. But I don't think there's a hope in hell we'll see it given how poorly the original sold.

"Cut the studio"?
You know that's a two-year-old post, yeah?

Top Bottom