• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucid Games (PGR, ex-Bizarre Creations) teasing May announcement

Come onnnnnn PGR5

jS7TMwEb3oZ4q.png

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucid-Games-Ltd/191831577506134

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think this is most likely PGR5, but for the sake of discussion, the only other racing title I can think of that's yet to be announced and doesn't necessarily have a known development team would be Need For Speed.

saladine1

Aren't these guys working on a PS4 game? Could be multiplat, or something else. correct me if Im wrong.

They're working on a few projects it seems

“We got invited to go into Lucid and Apposing’s office through twitter and they showed us their offices and what they do daily. They make Games/apps for companies like they made the app for CSL sofas!
Both offices were REALLY full of computers and IPhones / IPads/IPods and it was a great influence.
I’m only 9 years old, and it was a great experience at such a young age, and I’m starting to think that I want to do the same when I’m older!
When we went to Lucid they were in progress of making a game, but its top secret so I can’t tell you the name, and they showed us a little preview of it. They also made a mountain bike game and working on a racing car game.

saladine1

I think this is most likely PGR5, but for the sake of discussion, the only other racing title I can think of that's yet to be announced and doesn't necessarily have a known development team would be Need For Speed.

Ghost Games are doing Need For Speed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It has to be PGR5. Stars align too well for it to not be.

Co-production with Playground and Rare, unless they really are bigger than LinkedIn leads us to believe.

oVerde

Banned
Lol @ most of the replies mentioning Blur.

That game was so fucking good.

Blur! Oh how I love that game, many hours of this gen gaming. 4 player arena local multiplayer with custom 1 hit kill guided shots. I could write a Haiku about it.

Acidote

And Ghost Games is not big enough to develop a NFS game on their own unless they recently hired a lot of people.

Instro

While I'm 99% sure its for the nextbox announcement the timing is interesting. Last year there was a rather notable rumor that Lucid was making a racing game for Nintendo, who conveniently also has announcements coming this month. Presumably it was fake, but a neat thought regardless.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And Ghost Games is not big enough to develop a NFS game on their own unless they recently hired a lot of people.

They're about 70 people now, but didn't start that way.

My main suspicion is that Ghost is making it with Criterion helping out, but I just wanted to put out the possibility.

While I'm 99% sure its for the nextbox announcement the timing is interesting. Last year there was a rather notable rumor that Lucid was making a racing game for Nintendo, who conveniently also has announcements coming this month. Presumably it was fake, but a neat thought regardless.

Spiritual successor to PGR on a Nintendo console? Imagine the anger, meltdowns and general bitterness that would result from such an announcement.

T73XJQS.jpg

What's this of? It can't be from a next gen game, the unblurred road/kerb stone look like pure garbage. Must be their Windows Phone 8 racing game they're developing.

Afrikan

its going to be a competitive match up.

Bizarre Creations were always heavy hitters when it came to graphics and pushing a system, as is Evolution Studios with Sony.

can't wait to see what Lucid Games have cooked up for next Gen along side Drive Club.

Zemm

its going to be a competitive match up.

Bizarre Creations were always heavy hitters when it came to graphics and pushing a system, as is Evolution Studios with Sony.

can't wait to see what Lucid Games have cooked up for next Gen along side Drive Club.

This post just reminds me how fucking good the UK racing devs are. If you include the now dead Studio Liverpool (who were one of the finest ever) I'd dare say the UK has produced the best racing game devs ever.

iceatcs

T73XJQS.jpg

What's this of? It can't be from a next gen game, the unblurred road/kerb stone look like pure garbage. Must be their Windows Phone 8 racing game they're developing.

It is very likely something small racing project. Remember AAA project need about 2 years to develop from a new flesh studio. They are only ~5 months old.

Afrikan

This post just reminds me how fucking good the UK racing devs are. If you include the now dead Studio Liverpool (who were one of the finest ever) I'd dare say the UK has produced the best racing game devs ever.

man you are playing with fire.....to have Forza fanboys (USA) and GT Fanboys (Japan) both after you????? D:

you make a good case....I love and REALLY appreciate what UK's racing devs have brought me through out my gaming life. :)

edit-

man, so many great racing experiences from the UK!

Pitbull_Syndicate-logo-DCAB1EA96E-seeklogo.com.gif

Test_Drive_4.JPG

Top Bottom