• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucy Bradshaw - You don't want to play SimCity offline!

But I still like (and want) to play SimCity 4 offline :(

Every time I read a SimCity-related topic I'm happy I bought SC4 on Steam. It doesn't need online stuff, if they were optional things it would've been great. I like how one year ago I had great expectations for it, now I really couldn't care less.

But why would it dissapear in the first place ? :(
They probably broke something when they tried to fix some of the bugs. Either way, unless you really love the game you might as well ask for a full refund now. If you want to play it again later you can always buy it on sale.

SLV

yeah i sent amazon a message to ask for a refund, not like there is much choice, it simply dissapeared... No message from EA or anything

SLV

It seams that this is a widespread problem, EA are blacklisting amazon sold Sim City serials, which are flagged as refunded, without them actually even being refunded. WHAT THE FUCK !

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It seams that this is a widespread problem, EA are blacklisting amazon sold Sim City serials, which are flagged as refunded, without them actually even being refunded. WHAT THE FUCK !

this sounds like a new thread to me

do you have evidence for this?

SLV

well i am not making it though, if someone wants to feel free, basically google Simcityr122, and you will get hits about other people with the same problem as i have, also people who have never asked for a amazon refund, still getting their game removed from origin. I know i certainly did not ask for a amazon refund, and my game is gone !

Septimius

Holy crap. "An unfortunate glitch that randomly threw out some of the Amazon copies"-explanation (like the one about banning critics that talked the game down on the forums) in 3, 2, 1...

If you can show it happening to others, I say new thread time.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
That's not that bad for PC only exclusive which previously came out nearly 10 years ago.

AAA games sell mostly on their console iterations, where the millions of day 1 sales are to be made.

Not trying to ruin the narrative over here, but with the exception of Diablo 3 and the usual PC heavy hitters like SC2, PC versions never did sell as much as the typical AAA game in the console market.

Not that I don't completely agree with you, but both Diablo 3 and SC2 are PC exclusive sequels to PC exclusive games that game out 10 years or so ago.

If a publisher is willing to invest in a AAA PC exclusive, and I'm sure EA spent a whole lot of money making this game, then you can be pretty sure they're expecting a decent return even before they start offering the oodles of DLC they have planned for it..

Septimius

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showpost.php?p=15192699&postcount=1225 said:
Well, loaded up the game today only to see an error message stating "To play SimCityR122, you must first activate it on your Origin account". I've been playing the game for days with no issues at all then all of a sudden this.
Contacted Origin and they say the key has been disabled due to a charge-back claim from Amazon. Makes no sense to me as I've never requested a refund. Also there's no money credited to my bank account from Amazon so they're just canceled my key without notice and not given me any refund. Thanks for that.
Waiting to hear back from Amazon. Interested to hear what they have to say.

Seems to have happened before with Amazon keys

Counting down to EA turning off the servers for Sim City...

The fact that this would have to happen sooner or later, even if it WASN'T poorly simulated shit, makes in an easy no-purchase for me.

I mean, $60? For a game that won't work in, what, 3 years? 5 years? 10 years? GAF should get a sweepstake running on this.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
so now the game's own glitching that causes it to be an unplayable mess and fudge features is causing customers to receive automatic refunds.

except it's refunding the wrong customers, who never asked for one??
Maybe even some customers who are actually okay with playing the game as is??

HOLY SHIT THIS IS NEXT GEN

After all these years SimCity has finally become self-aware and is rebelling against its maker.

SLV

i dont know but i am pissed, URGH, finally the waiting line with EA support will be over, will report back !

The fact that this would have to happen sooner or later, even if it WASN'T poorly simulated shit, makes in an easy no-purchase for me.

I mean, $60? For a game that work in, what, 3 years? 5 years? 10 years? GAF should get a sweepstake running on this.
itll work perfectly when they release the ps and xbox versions

rvy

Banned
People can't enjoy their games the way they want to now? Nobody gives a shit if you think you built an online game.

zou

With the amounts of refunds it's probably easier for EA to just remove every game purchased through Amazon and add them back to those few that didn't request a refund, than the other way round :p

DaBuddaDa

With the amounts of refunds it's probably easier for EA to just remove every game purchased through Amazon and add them back to those few that didn't request a refund, than the other way round :p

Ah yes, do what is easy, not what is best for customers.

SLV

Fucking amazon, what the hell is going on over there ?

K2kMZgb.png

Dr. Light

We did not focus on the “single city in isolation” that we have delivered in past SimCities. We recognize that there are fans – people who love the original SimCity – who want that.

Yeah, the only weirdos who want that are the people that played a SimCity game before. Why should a game like SimCity cater to that niche audience? It's not like SimCity is a SimCity game or anything. That would just be silly. I mean, what the fuck does SimCity have to do with SimCity? I'm not seeing a connection. It's not like it says "SimCity" on the cover. Fuck the SimCity fans, we're trying to make SimCity here.

The above post was sarcastic in nature.

SLV

Holy shit time for another thread! EA just winning that new worst company of america again this year.

I am not sure it is EA's fault this time. Though not sure lol, waiting for a amazon reply in this matter, sent them a second message with the origin correspondence.

Anyone making that thread ? Someone should !

Nokterian

I am not sure it is EA's fault this time. Though not sure lol, waiting for a amazon reply in this matter, sent them a second message with the origin correspondence.

They removed your game and you never asked for a refund. That is shady very shady.

It's you that discovered it - the honor goes to you.

Just make it about the issue in general and include the chat (black that stuff out better, I can still read it). Also include the links to others this happened to. Make the title something like "Amazon-bought SimCity games are being "returned" without customer request." No need to sensationalize, just keep to the facts.

Blinding

Nothing from amazon yet?

ok

There were a few posts about it over on Reddit a couple days ago, from what I remember Amazon chat reps told customers that they did not issue the charge backs and that they are working with EA to solve the issue, not sure that's confirmed anywhere tho.

Pretty much sums up Lucys visions of SimCity.

I read somewhere EA was trying to improve their image among gamers, they got lost somewhere along the way I guess.
Did they ever say that? Even after being voted worst company in America last year they put out a snarky press release about it. I really don't think they give a fuck.

Top Bottom