• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi Mansion 3 Japanese Overview Trailer

Lighting looks great; textures straight outta the Gamecube.

Why the fuck do the ghosts teleport back to their starting point after you slam them one way and then slam them again? Looks fucked.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Lighting looks great; textures straight outta the Gamecube.
What part of this looks like "gamecube texture"?

Switch
luigis_mansion_3_e3_2019_screenshot_13.jpeg

552102421.jpg

screenshot-2019-06-12-at-11-53-49.original.jpg

luigismansion3e3_02.jpg

Gamecube:
2437463-luigiman.jpg

377598-gfs_44341_2_1_mid.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
I feel like people who suddenly say “it’s looks like a PS2 or GameCube” have zero idea what PS2 or GameCube games looked back then.

People have some genuinely crazy ideas of what that generation of consoles looked like. I admit to some rose-tinted glasses myself, but it’s crazy to see ‘looks like a PS2 game’ frequently brought up for a variety of games, almost three generations, and twenty years later.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Just watched. A lot of repeated material from E3, and it was kind of stretched out, so not the greatest trailer, but the new parts looked really cool.

Frankly, all I need, is that the long-form E3 play session looked phenomenal, and Luigi’s Mansion 2 was a fantastic game. I’m really looking forward to this one, especially releasing on the blessed spooky day.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just watched. A lot of repeated material from E3, and it was kind of stretched out, so not the greatest trailer, but the new parts looked really cool.

Frankly, all I need, is that the long-form E3 play session looked phenomenal, and Luigi’s Mansion 2 was a fantastic game. I’m really looking forward to this one, especially releasing on the blessed spooky day.
They really chose perfect day to release this.

pAiL3kX.gif

No it is you who is blind.
You need to look at his post history when it comes to Nintendo to see you're wasting your time on him.
I have 20/20 vision, strike one.
Nintendo is actually my favourite gaming hardware company of all time, strike two.
Like I said, the lighting looks great, the textures look fucking shit.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo is actually my favourite gaming hardware company of all time
Oh you want to play baseball with me?
NCMPVde.png

"favourite"

Just admit you're being an ass for no reason and quit embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Fake Nintendo fandom, when called out for trolling? Come on.

What happened to the old-school trolls? The ones that would plant their feet, look you in the eye, and tell you that whatever you loved was gay? : P

I respected that.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Fake Nintendo fandom, when called out for trolling? Come on.

What happened to the old-school trolls? The ones that would plant their feet, look you in the eye, and tell you that whatever you loved was gay? : P

I respected that.
He better not go after pink Captain Falcon.

2e7OhKp.jpg

But to be fair to him he already accomplished his goal to derail the thread before I showed up so congratulations.

JRJjHmz.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
But to be fair to him he already accomplished his goal to derail the thread before I showed up so congratulations.

Ah, let’s not let him. LM3 deserves better than getting snuffed on the first page by people with no interest in buying it.

I think one of the most stunning parts about this game, are the visuals and animation. Next Level Games has been rocking it since Wii, some might say earlier, but this just seems to be technology catching up with their ridiculous skills.

This thing looks seriously reminiscent of a CG film. You can’t compete with a render farm doing every frame, but we’re closer to that feel that I’d ever imagined we’d be.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, let’s not let him. LM3 deserves better than getting snuffed on the first page by people with no interest in buying it.

I think one of the most stunning parts about this game, are the visuals and animation. Next Level Games has been rocking it since Wii, some might say earlier, but this just seems to be technology catching up with their ridiculous skills.

This thing looks seriously reminiscent of a CG film. You can’t compete with a render farm doing every frame, but we’re closer to that feel that I’d ever imagined we’d be.
Agreed. I only wish that they did Luigi's Mansion 2 on the Wii instead. I dunno if you've ever played the arcade game but it worked really well. Obviously I wouldn't want it to be in first person all the time but the Wiimotion Plus + Nunchuck could have been great I think.

JimiNutz

Banned
As a relatively new Switch owner and someone that has never played a Luigi's Mansion game before, I intend to pick this up at launch to play local co-op.

Just need to try and get through Breath of the Wild by the 31st!

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
This looks great. And I think part 2 was a lot better than part 1. Next Level Games is awesome.

These games are just polished. Feels like playing a Nintendo quality REmake (Resident Evil 1), with light comedy.

Yeah, I got so excited for 3 at E3, that I grabbed the 3DS remake on sale. I’ve always loved that game, hadn’t played it since the GameCube era, and while I had a good time playing... I totally realized just how much further LM2 took things, and explored the wonderful formula here.

I totally agree on Nintendo’s version of RE. That was one of the very first comparisons I made.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yeah, I got so excited for 3 at E3, that I grabbed the 3DS remake on sale. I’ve always loved that game, hadn’t played it since the GameCube era, and while I had a good time playing... I totally realized just how much further LM2 took things, and explored the wonderful formula here.

I totally agree on Nintendo’s version of RE. That was one of the very first comparisons I made.
Yeah, I had the same experience. I didn't even finish part 1 on 3DS. Part 2 is just a lot more polished, and breaking it up the way they did actually helps the pacing stay nearly perfect. And the bosses are great. Both games are still good of course.

Shaqazooloo

I love the personality that Next Level Games put into Mario games. Luigi's expressions are excellent.

I hope they still have Luigi randomly tripping when he enters a door. It always cracks me up.

mcjmetroid

Amazing what´s Nintendo do with Switch.

Switch is one of the best consoles Nintendo, right now is the second... the first is SNES.

Agreed we will look back on the Switch as one of the best. There's literally something for everyone.
This looks great and I cannot wait for it.

I'm very interested in the 2 player mode. I assume once one person walks into a room, the other person will just magically reappear in said room.

Looks rough.

Needs some polish.

I don't see how it could look much better to be honest? It's honestly one of the best looking Switch games.

Last edited:
NCMPVde.png

"favourite"

fuuuuuck. blood has been spilt. get this man gold

on topic - this game does nothing for me and i keep wanting it to.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

This is why I wish Switch had true VR. Playing Luigi's Mansion 3 in full VR with head tracking seems like it would be awesome. Like playing in a diorama

Teslerum

I feel like people who suddenly say “it’s looks like a PS2 or GameCube” have zero idea what PS2 or GameCube games looked back then.

To be fair, if we're ignoring the texture comment (As in texture quality) it captures the Luigi's Mansion artstyle perfectly.
Which is a good thing.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This gives me the Disney's Haunted Mansion vibes and will scratch that quirky itch perfectly on Halloween.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
NCMPVde.png

"favourite"

Wrecked

This game looks adorable. Luigi is the MVP

Top Bottom