• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi Mansion Arcade: first pics of the actual game + some details

L~A

Edit:

Some pics of the actual thing:
B99AoLxIUAA0E6D.jpg:large
B99AoAsIMAAOL38.jpg:large
B99AoJHIUAAnmDR.jpg:large

Source

Remember that Luigi's Mansion Arcade that was spotted in Japan a couple of months ago? Well, as mentionned in the other thread, it's getting another location test this week-end... but that's not all.

It's also going to be showcased during the JAEPO (Japan Amusement Expo) on February 14. Even though the actual game is developped by Capcom, it'll be on SEGA's booth for some reason... just like the location test, taking place in some SEGA store/facility in Ikebukuro.

Anyway, SEGA got some little details on the game, as well as the first in-game screenshots.

Details: as mentionned in the previous thread, controler is shaped like a vacuum clearn, that youshake to catch ghosts. Just like the original games, you can also try to get coins and such, hidden in the levels (in order to increase your score, I presume?). About the cabinet, it has a 55 inches screen as well as 4 speakers for surround sound. Looks like there's also some special light effects going on when playing.

The pics:

Source

Details from the previous thread:

-Coming Summer 2015.
-1st person perspective. Luigi does appear in some cutscenes.
-Professor E. Gadd gives the tutorial and some in-game advice.
-Based on LM2 - Gloomy Mansion was the only mansion featured in the location test. More stages in the final game.
-Controller shaped like the Poltergust (including rectangular end), two buttons (trigger + strobe). Shake left and right to suck in ghosts.
-The main unit itself had a start button and a bomb button.

Source (translations by StreetsAhead)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The game probably loses a lot of that Luigi charm being in first person, but it's understandable being an arcade game. I'd love to get a chance to play it. Love me some LM!

Mr_L

And this is when I lament the death of arcades in the U.S. Looks pretty cool and I'd love to try it.

Or the Wiimote, but the GamePad is perfect in Off-TV mode.

Get that on Wii U in 1080p and 60fps Nintendo! The 3DS assets should allow that.
Wii Remote only no less, as it only uses 2 buttons. It's really confortable to play games with just one hand.

Release this on Wii U with an online leader board for a cheap price.

Also funny how the world turns around: A game from a Nintendo IP, developed by Capcom and presented at the Sega boot.

M3d10n

Well, this gives us an idea of how HD 3DS games would look, because those are exactly the same models as the 3DS version.

L~A

sörine;149955548 said:
Yep. I'm actually wondering if Next Level might be directly involved with this?

Since Nintendo isn't invoved (other than licencing), it's extremely unlikely NLG is involved (other than maybe sending the original data).

seady

1st person Luigi's Mansion using Wiimote as the vacuum and Wii U Tablet as that video chat thing in the game.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I kinda miss the more detailed look of the original. It really was a graphical showcase for its time.

edit: wanted to give some examples of how the more realistic and detailed textures and lighting in the original contributed to the gloomy atmosphere:

66661-Luigis_Mansion-1.jpg
VS.
luigiscared_2515894b.jpg

eGhybmttMTI=_o_luigis-mansion---gamecube---xghosts-tof---insert-coins.jpg
VS.
luigismansiondarkmoon_review_2.jpg

large.jpg
VS.
gaming_luigis_mansion_2_screen_2.jpg

xDoorInline.jpg
xColdInline.jpg
xGraveyardInline.jpg
xBathroomInline.jpg

The stronger colors and reduced details ruin it in my opinion.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I kinda miss the more detailed look of the original. It really was a graphical showcase for its time.

It's almost as if one of them is a handheld game.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Because it saves you tonnes of money on creating new assets?

This is a very cheap project, by the looks of things.

Right, this is not Mario Kart Arcade. It's a quick and dirty rejig of the 3DS game.

Jiraiza

I still can't believe they haven't made a full blown sequel on their Wii U. It hurts since the Gamecube game was an absolute blast to play on the big screen.

Doczu

Both games are graphical showcases on their respected systems. The GC one has great textures and higher geometry where the 3DS one uses a fantastic lightning system and shaders. I would love the combination of both...

Top Bottom