• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 3 E3 trailer + screenshots

Bullet Club

hTdns8b.jpg

uJ5vElq.jpg

kspw4fT.jpg

6gvlJj9.jpg

cJ5ILhT.jpg

cL5XM2k.jpg

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i am so down for this game. never played the original but i love this idea so much. this looks great.

Abbott & Costello take mushrooms with Frankenstein.

Last edited:
While watching the trailer, i was wondering: Where is the innovation that is supposed to be the reason sequels got greenlight by Nintendo? Lake of possible innovation was the reason given for years for no new f-Zero. I just don't get it...
LM3 is nothing new (that's not a bad thing by itself).

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The world seems far more interactive, and the combat seems more like combat and less like "oooh cartoony jumpscare! Succc your vacuum for a few moments". If I sound uncharitable, it's because neither of the previous LM games were fun for me.

This has my attention, though.

Codes 208

I got excited for online co-op

But then i remembered mario maker’s no friends for online so now im skeptical.

Edit: just saw the news about SMM2, so theres a chance afterall!

Last edited:
And what about a remaster ports of the two previous ones?

Also I'm less impressed graphically that I though I would. The initial trailer with Art Deco interiors seems to be way more creative and different that what's show in the trailer.

Not sure about gameplay either, the Gooigi and other moves are cool but seem very short in terms of mechanics, the overall content as well, I mean I personally don't care about online.

While watching the trailer, i was wondering: Where is the innovation that is supposed to be the reason sequels got greenlight by Nintendo? Lake of possible innovation was the reason given for years for no new f-Zero. I just don't get it...
The LM series is more adventure games than gameplay-centered. Even when you get new abilities (like the suction dart or Gooigi), the innovation will be in how those features are used over the course of the game. Another company would do something like the suction dart and it will just do one thing, over and over again. In LM3, it’ll be used a hundred different creative and interesting ways.

Shaqazooloo

They improved it alot since we've last seen it. The slam ability is gonna be awesome and 8 player scare scrapper is wild.
I got excited for online co-op

But then i remembered mario maker’s no friends for online so now im skeptical.

Edit: just saw the news about SMM2, so theres a chance afterall!
eh, Next Level Games is a western dev and in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon they had a lobby system so you could join rooms. I think it's in good hands.

Andyliini

Treehouse just showed some gameplay on this. It looked great, I can't wait for it. Looks like Next Level Games produced a high-quality game yet again.

Codes 208

They improved it alot since we've last seen it. The slam ability is gonna be awesome and 8 player scare scrapper is wild.

eh, Next Level Games is a western dev and in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon they had a lobby system so you could join rooms. I think it's in good hands.
I dont recall LM2 having co-op. But i know the remake of 1 did.

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

I dont recall LM2 having co-op. But i know the remake of 1 did.
Dark Moon had Scare scrapper which is the co-op horde mode, if you were referring to Gooigie in Luigi's Mansion 3 in your original post i'm pretty sure that's local only. He said "pass a Joy-Con to a friend" or something to that effect an doesn't mention online.

Codes 208

Dark Moon had Scare scrapper which is the co-op horde mode, if you were referring to Gooigie in Luigi's Mansion 3 in your original post i'm pretty sure that's local only. He said "pass a Joy-Con to a friend" or something to that effect an doesn't mention online.
Ah i see what youre saying. When you said scare scrapper earlier i thought you were specifically referring to LM3, i wasnt aware LM2 had that mode too. Hence why i thought you were referring to gooigi in LM1

Nintendo simply doesn't believe in F-Zero anymore. Luigi's Mansion on the other hand is well received by its audience.

Mista

Banned
YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! MY GAME OF E3

Inject this in my veeeiiinnnnnnssssss:messenger_loudly_crying: Its been a loooong time since I got hyped for a Nintendo game

Last edited:

ParanoidRED

Banned
Loved the first , didn't like the second, the E3 showing got me really excited for this anyway

Love how colorful and clean the game looks!

Bakkus

While I like they're going back to one big mansion, i'm still sad that the overall wibe is more comedic than creepy. The ghost designs are far inferior to the ones in the first game and the rooms don't look as gritty either.

StormCell

And what about a remaster ports of the two previous ones?

Haven't you noticed that Nintendo likes to leave a lot of money sitting on the table when it comes to remasters and up-ports for games. Past Metroids? Nah. Samus Returns for Switch? Nope. Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy 1&2? Naaaah. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess remaster ports? Pffff. Maybe after you've boxed your Switch and put in the closet. How about some past Pokemon games or, hey, that Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon experiment they were doing for Switch? No, you get Let's Go while you wait for 2.5 years for a mainline Pokemon to arrive...

They have so much content they could sell but just aren't or won't do it.

Last edited:

xviper

The first one was a masterpiece, the second is a disgrace to be called a sequel.

Is there any news whether LM3 is going to be like the first or second ?

Ornoku

The first one was a masterpiece, the second is a disgrace to be called a sequel.

It looks like the generic ghost from the 2nd are coming back and from what I've read its closer to the 2nd game.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member

Feels more like the second to me. Controls were terrible and graphics were pretty ugly, IMO. I wish I hadn't waited in line for 2 hrs to play it. Definite pass for me.

Shaqazooloo

Really like how big the Scarescraper mode is, New objectives to and it seems Ghost HP is massively buffed in this game which I suppose makes sense because of the slam ability.
Ah i see what youre saying. When you said scare scrapper earlier i thought you were specifically referring to LM3, i wasnt aware LM2 had that mode too. Hence why i thought you were referring to gooigi in LM1
They showed off Scarescraper today, and it's the same room system as Dark Moon so your worries should be put to rest.

It looks like the generic ghost from the 2nd are coming back and from what I've read its closer to the 2nd game.
Structure wise, it would seem like it's closer to Luigi's Mansion 1

Dark Moon’s mission structure, which required players to start the same level multiple times to pursue various objectives, has been replaced with a more traditional free-flowing approach to exploration

Yeah I'm not feeling this, as some people said the ghost and design look generic unlike the first one (relative to how new and original it was, remember), and also the move set look dumb, why can you only smash ghost, again and again like a repetitive canned animation, and not spin them around or throw them against stuffs?

This looks like another Nintendo wasted opportunity.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I love this. It oozes personality. The hotel looks like an awesome setting. And Gooigi is such an inspired idea. Hyped.

I wish they gave us a release date, weird that it was held back.

mcjmetroid

Haven't you noticed that Nintendo likes to leave a lot of money sitting on the table when it comes to remasters and up-ports for games. Past Metroids? Nah. Samus Returns for Switch? Nope. Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy 1&2? Naaaah. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess remaster ports? Pffff. Maybe after you've boxed your Switch and put in the closet. How about some past Pokemon games or, hey, that Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon experiment they were doing for Switch? No, you get Let's Go while you wait for 2.5 years for a mainline Pokemon to arrive...

They have so much content they could sell but just aren't or won't do it.
Don't you think we have enough ports already?

Plus Nintendo will charge full price for them and that would piss me off.

New games please!

Last edited:

StormCell

Don't you think we have enough ports already?

Plus Nintendo will charge full price for them and that would piss me off.

New games please!

No, I don't think we can ever have enough ports. I feel like there's plenty of opportunity to release them early in the year when most publishers aren't releasing much. Ports and remasters aren't typically done by bigger studios and so they normally don't block new games from being made. They're great opportunities for up-and-coming studios to work with Nintendo. Twilight Princess HD was done by Tantalus, I believe.

At minimum, however, they could figure out what the lower hanging fruit is on the stuff I listed, and maximize their outputs by getting those on Switch.

mcjmetroid

No, I don't think we can ever have enough ports. I feel like there's plenty of opportunity to release them early in the year when most publishers aren't releasing much. Ports and remasters aren't typically done by bigger studios and so they normally don't block new games from being made. They're great opportunities for up-and-coming studios to work with Nintendo. Twilight Princess HD was done by Tantalus, I believe.

At minimum, however, they could figure out what the lower hanging fruit is on the stuff I listed, and maximize their outputs by getting those on Switch.
I'd agree with that but this sort of thing only seems to happen with Nintendo fans. It's rather irritating to be honest.
On some forums a lot of comments under Luigi's mansion 3's gameplay video are "Now remaster 1+2"
I would rather Nintendo use their time and make newer games instead of wasting time porting older games.

I mean it's not like I'm against ports, I'm happy to see them there but it got fairly overkill last year and most of the first half of this year and the fans aren't helping by literally requesting ports and remakes constantly.
Don't get me wrong I'm one of those people dying for a Metroid Prime Trilogy so I'm guilty here too but I wouldn't be requesting that under a video with gameplay from Metroid Prime 4.

I mean a lot of this is on Nintendo. They should have a gamepass like system now with their entire library on it to at least shut some of that down.

Top Bottom