• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 3 |OT|: I'm Here For The Boos!

xCr3kWs.png

Publisher: Nintendo | Developer: Next Level Games | Platform: Nintendo Switch | Release Date 31st October 2019

A relaxing hotel getaway... What could possibly go wrong?

NSwitch_LuigisMansion3_Overview_Intro_Char_Luigi.png

Join the cowardly hero Luigi on a ghostly – and gooey – quest to save Mario and friends in Luigi’s Mansion 3 for Nintendo Switch! You and a friend can traverse the otherworldly floors of a haunted hotel in local co-op, battling mischievous ghosts and solving paranormal puzzles together.

Welcome to the Last Resort!

An invitation to a swanky hotel holiday with Mario and co. – how could Luigi refuse such an offer? However, this dream getaway soon turns into a nightmare when ghosts start to run amok and his royal ghoulishness King Boo traps Mario and friends inside paintings!

NSwitch_LuigisMansion3_Overview_Resort_Scr_01.png
NSwitch_LuigisMansion3_Overview_Resort_Scr_02.png

With the help of his old pal Professor E. Gadd and his latest gizmos, Luigi must suck up his fears once again to stop King Boo’s wicked plans and save his friends.

The Suite Life

You’d be surprised what attractions can be found in this hotel! From a pirate-themed restaurant to a medieval castle and even...a pyramid, each floor of the hotel has its own unique theme. Work your way through each floor one-by-one, solving paranormal puzzles and battling trouble-making ghosts along the way.

Garden Suites

Ready thy lance Luigi, and prepare to duel! Avoid devious traps and sword-wielding spectres on your way to joust against the king in this medieval theme park!

Castle MacFrights

It's all gone to pot in this overgrown atrium. Swing on vines, dodge giant bouncing pineapples and other perilous plant life - good job the Poltergust also works as a leaf blower!

Paranormal Productions

Lights, camera, BOO! Play director and see the horrors of the silver screen spring to life in this spooky film studio!

Tomb Suites

A pyramid...inside a hotel?! You better believe it. Get ready to deal with creepy mummies, fatal boody traps, and sand....So much sand.

Abilities

NSwitch_LuigisMansion3_Overview_Gadget_Chari.png

He may be cowardly, but Luigi’s no stranger to a little ghost hunting – and the ghoulish guests in this hotel have overstayed their welcome! Use the Strobulb to catch these pesky phantoms by surprise, then reel them up with your souped-up vacuum cleaner: the Poltergust G-00. These ghosts won’t go down without a fight – in fact, some have come up with crafty ways of escaping. Unfortunately for them, Luigi’s got some new tricks up his sleeve too.
NSwitch_LuigisMansion3_Overview_Gadget_Char2.png

Slam!

While trapping a ghost, slam them on the ground to inflict some damage. Try slamming hosts into other ghosts to show 'em who's boss!

Suction Shot!

Fire this plunger to attach it to something, then pull the string and...destroy furniture and more! It can also be used to wrestle shields away from defensive ghost types.

Burst!

Need a bit of crowd control? Use a burst to release a blast of air to blow away nearby enemies. It gives Luigi a bit of air too, allowing him to dodge incoming attacks.

A Squishy Sidekick

NSwitch_LuigisMansion3_Overview_Sidekick_Char_Gooigi.png

In a hotel like this, you’re sure to encounter some obstacles too great for Luigi to handle by himself. In these situations, call upon Professor E.Gadd’s latest creation: Gooigi! This gooey, green doppelganger can use his...err...gooiness to squeeze through tight spaces, walk across dangerous spike-laden floors, help lift heavy objects and overcome all sorts of contraptions.

Did you know that Gooigi makes for a great co-op partner? Hand a Joy-Con controller to a friend to have them join Luigi’s adventure.

NSwitch_LuigisMansion3_Overview_Sidekick_Switch.png

Multiplayer Modes!

Play with up to seven other ghost hunters on a single Nintendo Switch console in the ScreamPark! Form up into teams of two and compete against each other in some ghoulish minigames.

High-Rise Horror

Fancy a spot of collaborative supernatural spring cleaning? Gather a group of up to eight players, either online or via local wireless play, and conquer the dreaded ScareScraper! Work together to clear each floor as fast as you can, vacuuming up ghosts and collecting both gold and paranormal power-ups on your way up each tower.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nice OT! Thanks. I will buy ... for $30.
But isn't usually take very long time to price goes down for Nintendo games? Also this full Luigi Mansion game on console same as the gamecube version and you can bet its going to be much longer than the first game, so why is it not worth full price!?

But isn't usually take very long time to price goes down for Nintendo games? Also this full Luigi Mansion game on console same as the gamecube version and you can bet its going to be much longer than the first game, so why is it not worth full price!?
Yeah it may be but man, I just don't feel paying full price for this game. Can't really explain.

gela94

Too bad that it's not a complete coop game, like luigi and daisy or something but it still looks like fun gonna get it.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I really want to play this, but like dark moon, this games feels like once I play through it once I will never touch it again. Some of the multiplayer stuff looks interesting, but will I want to play it when smash and Mario kart exist? Probably not.

i don’t know who I’m kidding, I will buy this...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
All footage and previews I have seen so for, I'm defiantly gonna love this game and most game I really like this gen were mostly range of 86 - 89, so I go with that.

Last edited:

Nydius

I ended up picking this up because of Walmart's $10 off on new releases around release date thing they've got going on. I'm really enjoying it so far and it feels so much better than the previous Luigi's Mansion games.

But on my first gen Switch the game absolutely murders the battery. I was fully charged when I started the game, got through the intro and the first level (the lengthy E. Gadd and Virtual Boo tutorial, really) and was down to 38% battery. And that's with my brightness turned waaaaaay down.

To me, this game is same level of Mario Odyssey.

I completely agree.
It won't be as lengthy as Odyssey but the quality and memorable set pieces are definitely there.

JimiNutz

Banned
My copy arrived this morning.
Just getting suitably stoned currently before I jump in to suck up some ghosts.

Played 5 hours co op yesterday and was a lot of fun.

I haven't played a LM game before so it took the gf and I a bit of time to get used to the controls - gf particularly struggled with aiming the vacuum at first but she quickly got the hang of it.

It's a very playable game. Time flew by when playing it and it's pretty therapeutic wondering around the hotel sucking everything up (Luigi rich as fuck - money everywhere!)

Very low on challenge at the moment but we are still in the pretty early part of the game at the moment. We're both keen to carry on playing over the weekend but I hope that the challenge increases (I'm sure that it will).

JimiNutz

Banned
I got to his hoover but then the pissing wife started kicking off saying it was too fecking bright in the room. so didn't get far last night.

Yeah I tried to play during the day with the gf and the glare on the tv was too much.
Def better played at night (it gets dark here at 5pm now anyway).

Mitch

Banned
The physics are really well done. Can't believe how many items you can interact with. I find myself checking every bin/trash can/shelf/drawer and vacuuming almost every loose item.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m not feeling the combat. Not a fan of GameExplain, but I think they may have been spot-on here. This slam business is way too reductive and simple, versus what the first two games were, and I kind of wonder what the developers were thinking. Unusual to see a Nintendo produced game screw up on a core mechanic.

We’ll see if I change my mind.

Everything else is absolutely brilliant, though. A few observations:

-Visuals and animation are like playing a Pixar movie come to life
-Absolutely wonderful, top-notch, best-in-class presentation
-Great story so far; charm, great characters, and laugh-out-loud moments everywhere
-Puzzles are seriously promising, even this early on. Very satisfying
-Controls and general gameplay outside of the slam are perfect. Nintendo and their studios have game design down to an art form. It’s genuinely embarrassing how far ahead they are of everyone else
-That family friendly spook factor the series is known for, is there in spades
-So far, feels like a perfect morph of Luigi’s Mansion 2, with the structure of 1

WindomURL

Never played one of these before, but was intrigued enough to pick it up since I decided to stay in last night.

It's fantastic. Filled to the brim with charm. Have no idea what to do with the money yet, but I've collected ~15000 or so and just got access to floor 4, iirc. It kept me going pretty much the whole evening and into the night. Just one more room, just one more...

It's super easy, and the environmental puzzles haven't taxed me yet, but there's so many of them, room after room, that they keep me interested and occupied. And the secrets, ahhh the secrets are good--again, not taxing or challenging to intuit and discover--but good, and there are so many of them. It approaches the flow and feeling of a straight metroidvania.

There's something so satisfying about vacuuming up a tall stack of bills, that alone makes it a 10/10

Not a huge fan of the controls, though I'm growing more accustomed to them. The fact I can't invert y made my skin fuckin crawl at first.

If you have a heart, I think that you'll like this game. If you don't have a heart, I think that one might sprout if you give it a try, but no guarantees you monster.

JimiNutz

Banned
Theirs too much money everywhere lol. I keep stopping every few steps to check for gold, I'm barely making progress lol.

Yeah I found this too, cash everywhere.
It's especially funny when Luigi 'makes it rain'. Luigi such a goddamn pimp.

I'm at the point now where the store is unlocked so at least I can spend the cash, but nothing really exciting in the store yet.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Don't know if I'm stuck here. Either the game is broken, or I've missed something:

I was about to retrieve Gadds briefcase when the maid ghost stole it. When I tried to leave the room, three ghosts appeared and I had to fight them. After that I can't do anything in Gadd's room, and no X symbol appears over any door. I can't exit the room at all, and there seems to be nothing else to try. Anyone knows what to do here?

Edit: Game was broken. A reload fixed it.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
diving in right now. usually i have nothing to do on Halloween but this year i saw this amazing Black Sabbath cover band. everything i've read & seen about it looks great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom