• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion: DM coming Q1 2013 Animal Crossing "first half" of 2013

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/240919851361783808

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/240919584729862145

Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon is coming to Nintendo #3DS the first quarter of 2013. RT if you’re ready for a spooky good time.

Animal Crossing is launching for Nintendo #3DS during the first half of 2013! Tell us your favorite Animal Crossing memory.

Also, Oni Training is coming as Brain Age Concentration Training on Dec 3rd.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/240918986173337600

Dr. Kawashima is back to train your brain! Brain Age: Concentration Training launches for Nintendo #3DS on 12/3.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
There's got to be a decent amount of dialogue in AC to localize, so I can sort of understand. Doesn't change the fact that I want it now.

Yawnier

Banned
These are probably going to be the two games that get me to finally buy a 3DS XL sometime next year.

I loved Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing on the cube. Animal Crossing on the DS was pretty good too.

Seda

Luigi's Mansion - February
Animal Crossing - June
Fire Emblem - September :(

Those are my guesses.

EDIT: Put Castlevania in March/April I guess

Yay.

Now to wait.

NQ1nj.gif

Kacho

Gold Member
Not releasing Luigi's Mansion before Halloween is a bummer.

Also, the rebranding of Oni Training in the US...wtf? Please tell me they are not changing the content, too.

Tookay

Also, the rebranding of Oni Training in the US...wtf? Please tell me they are not changing the content, too.

I'm surprised that the premise got as far as it did, given how easy it is to completely misinterpret/mischaracterize the concept ("TRAIN YOUR BRAIN WITH A DEMON GOADING YOU ON"), especially for the expanded western audience and media.

Oh wow... of all the games suitable for a Western release that would sell LOADS in Christmas, you choose the game where a demon brain trains you. Fucking flawless execution Ninty.

Unless by some miracle Monster Hunter 3G is announced for this holiday it's going to be lean times on the portable front.

Of course NOA could always make up for the lack of new retail games with some virtual console games or eshop releases... but that won't happen.

Well, I guess I'll have plenty of time to chisel away at my backlog then. Seems like Nintendo is content to let NSMB2 carry the holiday, which seems like a wasted opportunity imo. Of course, by now we all know software "momentum" on a Nintendo system usually means twiddling our thumbs waiting for delayed games. Maybe they're trying to leave some room for 3rd party games to breathe? Nah...

Agreed. It would've been perfect. I just hope they don't push both games back to March. Well, Luigi's Mansion specifically. I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for yet another same-y Animal Crossing rehash.

randomkid

Is Animal Crossing still a big thing here in America? How much did the Wii one sell? I honestly have no clue.

After watching the Nintendo Direct footage, I would prefer to get Tomodachi Collection over anything else mentioned in this thread. I like that Nintendo still has the potential to be batshit crazy with major franchises. I just want the chance to try it!

Etzer

One one hand, I'm glad these games were pushed to next year because my pre-order list is long as it is. On the other hand, Luigi's Mansion for Holloween and Animal Crossing for Christmas would've been perfect.

Kacho

Gold Member
One one hand, I'm glad these games were pushed to next year because my pre-order list is long as it is. On the other hand, Luigi's Mansion for Holloween and Animal Crossing for Christmas would've been perfect.

Gotta get that Mario out during the holidays. :(

Top Bottom