Lumines comes to PSN!

Feb 11, 2006
4,530
0
1,040
Germany
#1
Yeah, I'm not shard :p

Anyway, I just saw the famitsu scan and it shows Lumines for PS3. Seems that it's called Lumines Super Nova. Thanks Q Entertainment! :D

Edit: Release is in 2008, for Japan at least.
 
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
#3
It has new modes and new stages too. As long as this isn't a DLC-a-thon ripoff like the XBLA one, I'll gladly get it. It's coming in Fall 2008, so we should be hearing more about it really soon.
 
Jun 28, 2006
15,621
0
0
UK
#4
Lumines was totally underappreciated on Live because everyone was too busy moaning about the price and add-on packs etc to realise how damn good it is.
 
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
#7
pswii60 said:
Lumines was totally underappreciated on Live because everyone was too busy moaning about the price and add-on packs etc to realise how damn good it is.
Incorrect. It was totally underappreciated because of a fucked up release format. The end.
 

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dec 20, 2004
73,272
0
0
38
Tampa Bay, FL
msp.starshipmoonhawk.com
#9
duckroll said:
It has new modes and new stages too. As long as this isn't a DLC-a-thon ripoff like the XBLA one, I'll gladly get it. It's coming in Fall 2008, so we should be hearing more about it really soon.

Well, I probably would not get hopes toio high considering that Lumines Live and Lumines for Steam are set up in this fashion.
 
#11
duckroll said:
Incorrect. It was totally underappreciated because of a fucked up release format. The end.
Totally - I would have preferred to have the whole game released at once with a single price, rather than the weird convuluted DLC method Q decided to go for. It certainly affected my enjoyment of the game, as I never really got hooked like I did with the PSP original, but perhaps I might have done had all the content been available from the start.
 

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dec 20, 2004
73,272
0
0
38
Tampa Bay, FL
msp.starshipmoonhawk.com
#13
Zoc said:
Rez PSN, plz
Ah, glad this was brought up:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3169644&p=4

Finally, we couldn't pass up a chance to ask the guys at Q if there's any chance of seeing Rez ported to PSN, and while they thought it was an interesting idea, they admitted that the chances of seeing Rez on PSN (or WiiWare, for that matter) are very low. Another Q game will be making its way to PlayStation Network in the near future, though -- so hang tight for further details.
 
Jan 7, 2007
33,382
24
1,030
#19
I bought most of the major skin packs on XBLA! I bet they include all of that in one bundle for a reasonable price on PSN.
 
Jun 7, 2004
114,759
1
0
37
#21
The new mode shown in Famitsu is the Dig Down mode. It appears to be a stage based mode where each stage has a bunch of preset blocks on the play field, and you have to clear them all to beat the stage.
 
Jun 4, 2006
37,900
0
0
Netherlands
#26
duckroll said:
The new mode shown in Famitsu is the Dig Down mode. It appears to be a stage based mode where each stage has a bunch of preset blocks on the play field, and you have to clear them all to beat the stage.
wow original!

-_-

Why couldn't they come up with something better?
 
Mar 3, 2007
13,194
0
0
#35
The pricing on Steam was reasonable in my opinion, $10 for the base, $10 for the pack- $15 for both. Live had more packs, and they cost more because they had licensed music. Something the Steam version lacks.

If you want the pop music then expect to pay for it.
Troidal I just realized Mondo Gross and Nobuchika Eri were under Sony Records...so maybe, juuuuuust maybe....
This doesn't mean anything. There's no vested interest in Sony or Columbia giving a break to SCE or one of their partners.

Shard, what do you mean about Rez? Mizuguchi bought the IP- surely he can do what he wants with it?
 

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dec 20, 2004
73,272
0
0
38
Tampa Bay, FL
msp.starshipmoonhawk.com
#38
Goldrusher said:
Why did it take so long ?

It was released on Xbox 360's Live 2 years ago !

I'll field this, probably because a a few reasons, Microsoft probably had one of those exclusivity deals in place; moreover, Q Entertainment is very close to Microsoft and the XBLA, three games delivered with one more on the way. Hell, I recall reading in an interview the reason why Q is doing Peggle DS is because they got close to Greg Canessa of Popcap games back when he was running the XBLA division. Also, when Lumines Live was in development there was no PSN and speaking of which the PSN is not an equal to the XBLA development-wise, it really has been only in the past month or so that some actual 3rd party content not from Namco or Capcom has emerged.
 
Oct 18, 2006
15,573
0
1,135
Flanders
#41
Shard said:
I'll field this, probably because a a few reasons, Microsoft probably had one of those exclusivity deals in place; moreover, Q Entertainment is very close to Microsoft and the XBLA, three games delivered with one more on the way. Hell, I recall reading in an interview the reason why Q is doing Peggle DS is because they got close to Greg Canessa of Popcap games back when he was running the XBLA division. Also, when Lumines Live was in development there was no PSN and speaking of which the PSN is not an equal to the XBLA development-wise, it really has been only in the past month or so that some actual 3rd party content not from Namco or Capcom has emerged.
I see. But apparently the exclusivity deal didn't stop a PS2 release...

dec 2004: PSP
mar 2006: cell phone
oct 2006: Xbox 360
feb 2007: PS2
dec 2007: PC
oct 2008: PS3

Oh well.
 

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Dec 20, 2004
73,272
0
0
38
Tampa Bay, FL
msp.starshipmoonhawk.com
#42
Goldrusher said:
I see. But apparently the exclusivity deal didn't stop a PS2 release...

dec 2004: PSP
mar 2006: cell phone
oct 2006: Xbox 360
feb 2007: PS2
dec 2007: PC
oct 2008: PS3

Oh well.
Well, I would imagine the wording might have been something like exclusive to console download services, to wit N+ just got released on the PSP and DS and we know that the XBLA has that game locked up for about 2 years.
 
May 29, 2007
2,050
1
860
Canada
#49
duckroll said:
It has new modes and new stages too. As long as this isn't a DLC-a-thon ripoff like the XBLA one, I'll gladly get it. It's coming in Fall 2008, so we should be hearing more about it really soon.
Took the words from my mind.

That being said, I'm going to start seeing colored blocks in my sleep again. I just kicked the habit too.