• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyn announced for Fire Emblem Warriors (releases October 20)

Same here. I only got into the series with the new games so these threads always make me feel like some weird intruder.

It's a darn shame you feel that way. You're just as much of a fan as any of the 'hardcore fans' so long as you enjoy the games and still see interested in the series.

Way better than the 'fans' who want the series killed off because they don't like it anymore.

I'll look forward to seeing you in the OT! :)

Macka

C'mon dude, as much as I love Matthew/Lute, those are deep cuts.
I mean Lute actually came 13th in the female poll, and you have to think Matthew would be a top 5 pull from Blazing Sword? Lyn and Hector are the top two, obviously, and then they'd have Roy over Eliwood. Matthew, Sain and Kent are probably the next three most prominent characters in the story. Maybe Jaffar? You're right, though. Black Knight and L'Ararchel wouldn't have a shot either.

I'd be down for pretty much anyone from 7, 9, 10 & 15.

I mean Lute actually came 13th in the female poll, and you have to think Matthew would be a top 5 pull from Blazing Sword? Lyn and Hector are the top two, obviously, and then they'd have Roy over Eliwood. Matthew, Sain and Kent are probably the next three most prominent characters in the story. Maybe Jaffar? You're right, though. Black Knight and L'Ararchel wouldn't have a shot either.

Jaffar ain't getting in without Nino

Everyone complaining about Lyn's new outfit not being as...leggy: You do know she's 15 (16 after the tutorial), right? At least, that's what she was in the Japanese version (they upped her age to 18, 19 after the tutorial in the North American release).

I mean, this is a fanbase that doesn't seem to really care that you can marry actual little girls in Awakening/Fates, so sexualizing Lyn is almost inoffensive in comparison.

spiritfox

Just speaking visually, the bare thighs are a critical part of her look - that their compromise has to diminish them to that extent makes it seem very inelegant.

I don't think they're long enough to spoil her design, and it fits well enough. But that's just me.

Maybe that's why Tharja didnt make it into the base game because she would bump ESRB rating up or they would have to put something in the descriptions.

Crayolan

Looking at the popularity poll, the next most popular FE7 characters after Lyn and Hector are Dorcas (though he's just a meme...)>Eliwood>Nino.

PK Gaming

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this. People shit on Micaiah all the time when she isn't half as bad as Celica.

Don't worry, we all noticed how Echoes tries to beat it over your head that Celica is wrong in literally everything she does and that Alm is 100% infallible. Bonus points for making her stupider than her Gaiden self.

Yes. YES. YES! Celica takes a DUMP on all these Fates/Awakening bois, LET'S GOOOOOO, FE Warriors REDEEMED!

Edit: they gave Lyn shorts? Wtf preorder cancelled!

The over the boob jiggle physics she received should make up for it.

R0ckman

This roster seems good enough to me for the start, though its insane there is a lack of FE Path of Radiance characters. I think we need raw axe users maybe a berserker or something. We weren't getting FE4-FE6.

Don't worry, we all noticed how Echoes tries to beat it over your head that Celica is wrong in literally everything she does and that Alm is 100% infallible. Bonus points for making her stupider than her Gaiden self.

For what it's worth, I couldn't stand Alm either. All he did in the back half of the Echoes was whine.

MAtgS

I shouldn't be sold on this game just because of the inclusion of a single lady, but I might be sold on this game now.

she's a lot lower than 13th after combining everyone else's votes together

edit: well maybe not that much lower but certainly a few (Anna, Nephenee, Mia, Severa)

ZeroX03

Banned
So the roster is almost entirely 3DS cast? Sucks for fans of the classics.

I've only played the 3DS games so I'm content.

Toxi

Banned
I'm confused. People were complaining about the roster not including any older characters like Lyn, and here's Lyn. Doesn't this fix the problem?

Kinsei

Banned
I'm confused. People were complaining about the roster not including any older characters like Lyn, and here's Lyn. Doesn't this fix the problem?

A single character doesn't fix a shitty roster. Lyn is a great start but there are quite a few more they'd need to add for some people (myself included) to be content with it.

Olengie

Looks like I'm keeping the pre order for the CE.

Guess they had to give her spats. I don't mind since we got her at least.

Now give me Matthew

TDLink

No. It's good, but if she (and maybe Celica) are the only bone being thrown, that still sucks.

From Lyn's game alone there are so many other great characters. And we're also still missing literally the most popular FE character: Ike.

Lyn is really popular, huh? I'm still new to Fire Emblem (only finished Awakening), but maybe once I finish Conquest I'll try her game next.
FE had a really big resurgence that invited a lot more people into the series but she's the first character that people who got into FE the first time it came west got to know.

I never really saw what was so great about Lyn after hearing all the hype about her before I played the GBA games.

I guess it's cool that some of those games are getting some representation though.

laoni

The European trailer forgot to edit out Caeda from a cutscene... and alongside her Navarre. So, it seems like the leak wasn't the full line up.

Edit: There's also a pair of shoulder pads in the Navarre shot that don't match any revealed character.
Edit: The shoulders are just Chrom's. He's visible in the Direct version of the trailer.

Those shoulders are Ryoma, aren't they?

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.ne...yoma_OA.png/revision/latest?cb=20170614022304

... I may be totally blind tho

Javier

If Navarre is playable, I wonder if you recruit him by talking to him while he's still an enemy, like he was in the original FE1 (and Shadow Dragon).

Maybe that's how it works? Secret characters (the ones not on the leaked image) are those that start as enemies?

THARJA DREAM STILL ALIVE BOYS.

Golnei

I don't think they're long enough to spoil her design, and it fits well enough. But that's just me.

I guess just the concept of adding shorts seems so unnecessary, when a leotard underneath her outfit would have preserved the original design's thigh exposure while not requiring any kind of contortion to retain modesty. 2B is a perfect example of how effective that combination can be.

RRockman

Banned
I guess just the concept of adding shorts seems so unnecessary, when a leotard underneath her outfit would have preserved the original design's thigh exposure while not requiring any kind of contortion to retain modesty. 2B is a perfect example of how effective that combination can be.

Why would you use 2B? We all know what she was famous for, and if anything the leotard would make that something much more apparent.* Shorts make sense so we can get Lyn's fancy flips with out this game basically becoming senran kagura lite.

unless this is exactly what you had in mind you sly devil you.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Pretty much this. If they hadn't stated it was limited to only the 3 games early on I wouldn't see this in such a bad light. It reeks of them realising they were wrong and rushing to get characters people actually want in.

I'm still glad they are adding Lyn and probably other fan-favourite characters eventually but they should've been a lock from the moment the game was announced instead of adding every single main character from Awakening and Fates first. I'll hold off on purchasing until they do what they should've to begin with.
That's not how this works, they didn't create this character yesterday and this was suppose to be a surprise for you

Golnei

Why would you use 2B? We all know what she was famous for, and if anything the leotard would make that something much more apparent.* Shorts make sense so we can get Lyn's fancy flips with out this game basically becoming senran kagura lite.

unless this is exactly what you had in mind you sly devil you.

Modest, as in, not involving any actual nudity. Obviously it's a setup that still is quite revealing, but not moreso than Camilla or FCorrin - and most importantly, allows for them to maintain as much of the original design as possible; as well as its inherent appeal.

Nohar

Finally. Lyn deserved to be a playable character for a while. Technically she is my first Fire Emblem character, and I liked her a lot in FE7, even if she takes the backseat for the rest of the game after her initial campaign. Making her a dual-wielding character is great (Mani Katti + Sol Katti ?).
Hector, your hour of glory will come, at long last.

Still, I agree with some of you: I'm probably going to wait a year or two for the "Legends" version to be released.

Also, this remains the best critical hit animation in the series to date (too bad it doesn't really capture the awesomeness as well as on the GBA).

Malyse

Finally. Lyn deserved to be a playable character for a while. Technically she is my first Fire Emblem character, and I liked her a lot in FE7, even if she takes the backseat for the rest of the game after her initial campaign. Making her a dual-wielding character is great (Mani Katti + Sol Katti ?).
Hector, your hour of glory will come, at long last.

Still, I agree with some of you: I'm probably going to wait a year or two for the "Legends" version to be released.

Also, this remains the best critical hit animation in the series to date (too bad it doesn't really capture the awesomeness as well as on the GBA).
Not even her best crit.

Same here. I only got into the series with the new games so these threads always make me feel like some weird intruder.

I mean, it goes both ways really, because the actual answer is they should have had representation from more games from the get go.

The focus on Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates make it feel like I'm not really welcome with what the series is any more either.

Malyse

The over the boob jiggle physics she received should make up for it.

Her breasts bounce in her FE7 sprite though.
latest

NSESN

What are the chances BK is in as a villain? He is the most iconic villain in the series, even 3DS villains weren't able to be more popular than him.

Fandangox

Ok, where are Eliwood and Hector? Lyn is a great start. I hope she gets a bow as well.

Eliwood probably won't be in if Roy's eventually to be in the game since he is more popular. They need Hector in this game though, and the Black Knight too, that was the most obvious "Lu-Bu counterpart" that the franchise had, it was handed to them on a silver platter and they just ignored it. Given the game seems to lack playable armored knights altogether, at least it makes his chances for DLC bigger I guess, if they feel like they want to remedy that odd lack of class representation.

Top Bottom