• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M.A.V. (Modular Assault Vehicle) - Indie Chromehounds For PC Intel Thread

cyberdogs7

Neo Member
Sorry it's been so long since I stopped by. I wanted to update you with the latest snapshot news. The Hexapod legs teased in the Kickstarter are now done and in the game!

Hex1.png

Leynos

Gah, I want to play this so badly, but my PC is far too old, and I'm too broke...

I still lament that Chromehounds is no more.

wwm0nkey

Sorry it's been so long since I stopped by. I wanted to update you with the latest snapshot news. The Hexapod legs teased in the Kickstarter are now done and in the game!

Hex1.png

lookin good! Any news on environmental upgrades or is that just going to be after majority of the parts are done?

cyberdogs7

Neo Member
Nothing like reviving a year old thread.

I am doing twitch broadcasts of the development of M.A.V., 3 times a week. Come and watch the progress get made! twitch.tv/cyberdogs7

I am in the middle of a massive update to bring polish to the whole current game. Here is an example of this as it relates to sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arpNg0J_-3k

wwm0nkey

Nothing like reviving a year old thread.

I am doing twitch broadcasts of the development of M.A.V., 3 times a week. Come and watch the progress get made! twitch.tv/cyberdogs7

I am in the middle of a massive update to bring polish to the whole current game. Here is an example of this as it relates to sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arpNg0J_-3k
Caught a bit of the VFX stream, excited to see this get some polish and hopefully I'll have more time to spend playing it.

cyberdogs7

Neo Member
I am also glad to see some polish going on! You should try and hop in on Fridays. I would love to battle it out with you in game :)

cyberdogs7

Neo Member
It's going! I found a big source of the performance issues and am working on a good fix for them.

All the performance issues on the New Amazon level [the jungle in the screenshot] have been fixed and will be in the next update!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How much (if any) single player content is this going to have when it's done? It looks really cool but I get the feeling that it's not going to have much of a long term online community.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I hope it catches on with a small group.... bringing back Chromehounds' online experience is kinda the point of this.

Oh I know and I loved Chromehounds online. But I also know that the *vast* majority of online focused indie games go nowhere.

I mean hopefully it takes off like Chivalry or Rocket League, but I'm not holding my breath.

wwm0nkey

Oh I know and I loved Chromehounds online. But I also know that the *vast* majority of online focused indie games go nowhere.

I mean hopefully it takes off like Chivalry or Rocket League, but I'm not holding my breath.
Well it users an account system so I hope we could get cross platform play.

Either way excited to see this update since the gameplay is good but it needed better performance.

cyberdogs7

Neo Member
How much (if any) single player content is this going to have when it's done? It looks really cool but I get the feeling that it's not going to have much of a long term online community.

This was a big fear of mine when starting the project, I mean, how many indie games can sustain a group of 1000's of players for the online to work?

I am not delusional [questionable?] and while I have the great aspirations of getting those thousands of players, I do have a backup plan!

I have invested a lot of time into making the AI fun to play against and play with, and making sure players will always be able to host there own servers. The goal is that you can always capture that online experience even as a single player. We all know it will be better with humans, but a least it won't just disappear if the players do.

Oh wow, had no idea. I admit, I haven't checked in for ages, but it wasn't really making the progress I'd hoped for.

I guess after reading the dev's reasoning, he feels pretty strongly about it. Decent reasoning, but still sad to see it drop off a service that, for most consumers, is the go-to store.

CTLance

I'll readily admit that I haven't played the game in forever since I've been gaming mainly on consoles and mobiles nowadays, but the "getting off steam" announcement seems reasonable enough. If steam doesn't work out for cyber, then there's nothing he can do but jump ship again, really. He's been plugging away at this on his own, it's not like he has time or manpower to spare.

wwm0nkey

I would like a return to steam when the finished product is out, but at least he gave a solid reason. I think the Alienware giveaway hurt the game on steam too.

Top Bottom