• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Machinegames doing Indiana Jones for Bethesda

Indiana Jones going around to other countries killing people as a white man is racist now so I fully expect him to be black or a woman.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Gp1

cormack12

Gold Member
Interesting, have any games actually made a game with a good whip though?

Maybe lords of shadow? Threaded cane is a no before anyone suggests it, and I mained that weap. Darksiders with the whip - eurgh.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Or Tomb Raider. You know Uncharted wasn't the first video game of this type. Hell, there were Indiana Jones video games prior to Tomb Raider. I know it's hard for some people to believe there was life before PlayStation came about, but there was and it was pretty good too.
I said uncharted because 1. both Indiana Jones and Nathan Drake identify as male characters (for now) and 2. Uncharted was above and beyond Tomb Raider, especially the rebooted franchise. As much as I dislike Uncharted 4, I'd rather play that than one of the new Tomb raider games.

This "should" be an MS exclusive but as others have mentioned it probably depends on terms of the original contract, they should make it a timed exclusive at least if MS is allowed..

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Marvel couldn't possibly allow a huge franchise like Spiderman to be console exclusive...

100 million units out there would change anyones outlook on anything.

No one Nextgen console would make much sense to LucasFilm.

Banjo64

cumsessed

I don’t mind either way if it’s Xbox exclusive or not, but I wouldn’t believe this clown. He’s quite clearly guessing. His Twitter description and picture of a dabbing Falcon just scream industry insider...

If he truly had a source on the matter, why wouldn’t he have leaked this before anyone else in the world?

Bathesda saying they won’t have anything to announce for a while makes me think this is in the preliminary stages of development.

geary

If the collaboration with MS works well, imagine LucasFilm Games giving them the Star Wars IP after the deal with EA expires...

THEAP99

Banned
Why do people keep peddling this garbage logic? There's a reason the Bethesda/Zenimax deal cost $7.5 billion. That's with a "B". It was not so Microsoft could help sell Playstation consoles.
Dude. They aren't signing contracts for this game today. The deal between lucas film and bethesda was likely made prior to the acquisition. They should've said "in development exclusively for xbox and pc" to clear the air right away.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
477cdf64231a7fe54b604f16dbcba873.gif

There's a reason the Bethesda/Zenimax deal cost $7.5 billion. That's with a "B". It was not so Microsoft could help sell Playstation consoles.
Microsoft or Zenimax don't own the Indiana Jones IP, though. Lucasfilm licensing conditions could very well require them to put the game on other platforms, just like MLB's new contract with Sony requires them to develop MLB The Show for Xbox.

ShadowNate

Let's see how this one turns out. I'm intrigued for sure.

Just have it pick up from Fate of Atlantis or Last Crusade. Or the Ark one.

Papacheeks

Banned
The indy character alone puts whole uncharted to shame.

Pls don't fuck it up machine games.

In terms of story? The films are great, but the writing in uncharted 4, lost legacy is on par with most films. Indy is from the 80's and the more serious movie is last crusade. But that as 1989.

We shall see how they write it, unless it's going to be more like the 80's film, so having any form of character depth like Uncharted games have is probably not going to be on the same level.

Regis

Microsoft or Zenimax don't own the Indiana Jones IP, though. Lucasfilm licensing conditions could very well require them to put the game on other platforms, just like MLB's new contract with Sony requires them to develop MLB The Show for Xbox.
Lucasfilm allowed KOTOR to be exclusive back in the 2000s.

Also, PlayStation has remained silent about the announcement.

I'm way out of the fucking loop on this one, who's LucasFilm Games? I know LucasArts was dissolved, then I thought Disney dumped everything videogame related into EA's lap.

Alan Wake

This is great surprise! And I'm surprised I'm so looking forward to it. Will it be third or first person, though? I'm hoping for third person but hopefully not that much like Uncharted, that's been done already.

Bryank75

Banned
Hoping that it's Xbox exclusive so it lights a fire under PlayStation managements ass.....

I have my doubts that it will reach anywhere near the levels of Uncharted but it's good for Xbox to have some excitement and this is a kinda exciting announcement, way better than the Perfect Dark, Halo and other announcements.

Top Bottom