• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Machinegames doing Indiana Jones for Bethesda

Stuart360

Who wants to bet their are no Nazi's in the game, because of PC 'reasons'. It wont feel right without Nazi's, unless they do a 'Temple of Doom' style story.

Can't wait to play it on D1 via Gamepass. And can't wait all the Sony fans to subscribe to the service to play the game as well as we'll do.
In 3 years Ms will drop six exclusive per year on Gamepass (more or less), considering all first studios they own. That'll be pretty a huge thing.

Last edited:

OnionSnake

Banned
Who wants to bet their are no Nazi's in the game, because of PC 'reasons'. It wont feel right without Nazi's, unless they do a 'Temple of Doom' style story.
Why would that matter? Same Studio made the new Wolfenstein series, and had this to say back then:

Don't think they are scared of saying fuck nazis and letting you kill them

Last edited:
Why do people keep peddling this garbage logic? There's a reason the Bethesda/Zenimax deal cost $7.5 billion. That's with a "B". It was not so Microsoft could help sell Playstation consoles.
What's garbage is your take. Xbox didn't spend 7.5 billion to make games exclusive. They did it for Game pass day one. What don't you understand about Xbox not having exclusives anymore?

carlosrox

Banned
Holy shit this could have tons of potential.

Keeping an eye on this one.

Is this the Wolfenstein developer?

Last edited:

pasterpl

there is no such term, both companies are stupid for using it. Exclusive means one platform sir.

man on a mission

i will give my two cents abot this things ( dont get used to it ,im more a a drivet tru shitposter guy)

i dont like the current state of machine games,they are talented devs with a bad tendency to the wrong kind of wokeness,and the two last games suffered from that and some horrid level design,also i dont like how the told a history ( and it amazes me how they got so much praise for the story on the new colossus) their exagerated histronic style works for a parody not much else,also i dont see a indiana jones games a a first person game,its nonsense4

Also the wole "indiana jones its about killing nazis" no,its a horrible take on what indiana jones its,he hates nazis (and who doesnt?) and they are perfect cartoony bad guys,but the indana jones spirint its about adventure,lost tombs,exotics places,indy its not a"killing"machine and is a man of the 40s, so the woke crowd are trying to cancel this character a long time ago,dont take this route or you will make a bad mistake,stay away for kindengarten politics if you gonna go into thart way do in a mature way

postdata

everyone in this forum who says this game its gonna be multi or exclusive its full of shit,thy dont know nothing,and nothing its written on stone on this times,and lol at the people "hoping " this remains exclusive,what a sad life you must have to get gratification for this kind of thing,get better not bitter

we know, bethesda games a shit, wolfenstein games are shit, Indiana Jones Ip is shit....
quick look at your previous posts, and everything is clear, try harder, honestly guys some of you are so transparent that we cannot take seriously your rants like the above

just be open and honest and admint that you are simply salty that these games, most likely, will no longer be released on your favourite plastic box

MonarchJT

Banned
What's garbage is your take. Xbox didn't spend 7.5 billion to make games exclusive. They did it for Game pass day one. What don't you understand about Xbox not having exclusives anymore?
bethesda games they won't be totally relegated to the Xbox console but also to pc and cloud .. but they won't be on PlayStation unless Sony allows gamepass on the console. it's very clear

MilkyJoe

Nile.A2002154.0835.721.250m.jpg

Orpheum

I love Indiana Jones movies so if this is any good i'll consider getting an Xbox. By the time this releases the price of the console should have dropped a bit

Currently the buyout is not 100% finalized. As in they still dont own any control yet. Machine games hasn't worked on anything large since Wolfenstein 2. They did a expansion, but it was short. So what have they been working on? To me this was already in the works for some time. As in story, characters and all that have been written. So this has been at least in concept for a while if they are putting out a teaser. I mean could be just a announcment teaser which is what It seems. But I would have to believe they have been in talks with Lucas for a while now.

It could be exclusive if Microsoft and zenimax is finalized, but I don't think lucas arts would want to have one platform. Unless MS flexed gamepass as a reason why it should?
I would imagine this is 2 years off and going to be only on XBox and PC. LucasArts have a history of their IP being tied to just one console or only on the PC depending on the game
You haven't played a MachineGames game then?

Hudo

Does that mean that id Software themselves might do a Quake V then? Because I expected Machine Games to try their hands on it.

VulcanRaven

It needs to be on PS5. Good that someone is making a new Indiana Jones game. I'm still disappointed that this was cancelled:

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I think it would be annoying if big licensed games like this are exclusives. I think Spider-Man should be on Xbox too.

No.

It's actually good for the industry if there are big licensed exclusive titles.

Keeps the respective manufacturers (and the studios making these games) on their toes. No time or room for complacency and it should lead to better quality games.

Papacheeks

Banned
I would imagine this is 2 years off and going to be only on XBox and PC. LucasArts have a history of their IP being tied to just one console or only on the PC depending on the game

You haven't played a MachineGames game then?

For indy maybe, Starwars are not exclusive. It honestly depends if Microsoft made a deal prior to buyout with bethesda for exclusivity and worked with lucas arts.

Caio

If this will be a great game, I will buy a XSX. But after that Bethesda must give me a great Fallout 5 ! Come on motherfookers.

Redlancet

Banned
man on a mission

we know, bethesda games a shit, wolfenstein games are shit, Indiana Jones Ip is shit....
quick look at your previous posts, and everything is clear, try harder, honestly guys some of you are so transparent that we cannot take seriously your rants like the above

just be open and honest and admint that you are simply salty that these games, most likely, will no longer be released on your favourite plastic box
nah,thats a poor attempt ill give you 3 of 10,be BETTER not bitter,plastic boxes? like this one? u arent fooling anyone dude,silenced for being a mediocre
wDL7QEU.jpg

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I expect a Cuphead type situation for these Bethesda games including Indiana Jones. 3 years exclusive on Xbox then finally releasing it for the Playstation. Same way Playstation handled Horizon for PC. It ensure 85-90% of sales are made on the "home" platform, encourages system sales, and gives the games newfound attention and further sales years later to a new market.

Last edited:

Ogbert

I think it would be annoying if big licensed games like this are exclusives. I think Spider-Man should be on Xbox too.
I disagree.

As a PS5 owner, I want MS to come out with titles that make me want to buy their product. Competition is good.

My expectation is that in two to three years’ time, Gamepass is going to be too good to pass up.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Hoping that it's Xbox exclusive so it lights a fire under PlayStation managements ass.....

I have my doubts that it will reach anywhere near the levels of Uncharted but it's good for Xbox to have some excitement and this is a kinda exciting announcement, way better than the Perfect Dark, Halo and other announcements.

It will be more close to TR then Uncharted. Uncharted is just another level of quality production.

Orta

Banned
EVERY Bethesda game and we're going to have this shit....oh yes, mark my words Microsoft didn't pay $7.5bn because, 12 month exclusive until Playstation release, blah, blah, blah, blah.....

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

For indy maybe, Starwars are not exclusive. It honestly depends if Microsoft made a deal prior to buyout with bethesda for exclusivity and worked with lucas arts.
Star Wars games have been exclusives in the past and Marvel/Disney had no issues with Spiderman being exclusive. I think we'll just see it on the Series X/S and the PC.

Mister Wolf

EVERY Bethesda game and we're going to have this shit....oh yes, mark my words Microsoft didn't pay $7.5bn because, 12 month exclusive until Playstation release, blah, blah, blah, blah.....

:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Would actually find it funny if they are lifetime exclusive as it provides this forum much entertainment, but a precedent has already been set with Cuphead another game Microsoft funded and has control over where it could release. They milked it for three years and finally threw it to the other consoles after it was used up.

Self

Pretty sure it will be an Uncharted style game. Microsoft have wanted their own Uncharted for years.
Cant wait to be honest!.

Yes, MS needs it's own Uncharted style game, but again, Tomb Raider is out there and it copied it's formular to the point of forsaking it's own roots. I don't like that kind of copy-cat mentallity. I would prefer Indiana Jones to be something entirely new. It's the grandfather of all these games after all.

MilkyJoe

I expect a Cuphead type situation for these Bethesda games including Indiana Jones. 3 years exclusive on Xbox then finally releasing it for the Playstation. Same way Playstation handled Horizon for PC. It ensure 85-90% of sales are made on the "home" platform, encourages system sales, and gives the games newfound attention and further sales years later to a new market.

Bethesda is now a Microsoft studio, Studio MDHR is not.

Papacheeks

Banned
Star Wars games have been exclusives in the past and Marvel/Disney had no issues with Spiderman being exclusive. I think we'll just see it on the Series X/S and the PC.

In the past they have when they were being developed by Bioware which was not owned by EA at the time. Now starwars is a giant brand that even if I dislike the game battlefront sells millions. Also Jedi fallen order was multiplat, Squadrons is multiplat. It was in the early days we had Republic commando among knights series being exclusive to one platform. But those were early games. Everything since then mostly has been multiplatform.

Indy has a history with xbox, so It could stay xbox/PC. So who knows. Right now All I know is this game is a ways out, and machine games are a good developer. Just hope its not first person, unless the platforming is as good as doom eternal. Then they might have something.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Tomb Raider (2013) is best Uncharted game so I would be OK with that. Well, I would prefer something more puzzle oriented but Tomb Raider is still fine quality target.

Production quality will like be in the range of TR, but i bet they are looking to match how Uncharted gameplay is in general. But with rumors of a new Uncharted game from a different studio, i personally wouldn't even care about a new TR or Indy.

I personally hate the new TR games, they are really dull. Not wanna hate, but people already starting to scream "Uncharted Killer"...this Indy game can only disappoint for a lot of people in the end.

Naughty Dog is just another level of quality dev team.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with any prior deals.

Once MS takes over, either those deals have to be re-negotiated, or they already were during the preliminary process of the buyout. I'm pretty sure Phil and other Xbox execs already know the exclusivity status of this game and any others even before the deal is finalized. Bethesda most likely had to open their books and MS now knows the roadmap of Zenimax for the next few years thanks to the due dilligence process. This would also explain the inflated price of 7.5B. If they have more licensed games in the pipeline, MS had to pay premium to get those aswell.

Anyone who thinks MS will be cockblocked by a recent deal when they pay close to 8 billion dollars is delusional. IF this game makes it to PS5, it's not because of any deals made prior to the buyout. It's because MS wants it to for some reason.

Judging by the non-reception from Sony, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they have no idea about any Zenimax game coming to PS5 except for the two they paid for. Jim Ryan already said he has no clue if Starfield is even coming to PS5.

In the past they have when they were being developed by Bioware which was not owned by EA at the time. Now starwars is a giant brand that even if I dislike the game battlefront sells millions. Also Jedi fallen order was multiplat, Squadrons is multiplat. It was in the early days we had Republic commando among knights series being exclusive to one platform. But those were early games. Everything since then mostly has been multiplatform.

Indy has a history with xbox, so It could stay xbox/PC. So who knows. Right now All I know is this game is a ways out, and machine games are a good developer. Just hope its not first person, unless the platforming is as good as doom eternal. Then they might have something.
StarWars has been a giant brand since the '70s. So I don't get your point and we've had exclusive Star Wars games for the N64, Cube, Xbox Ect I don't think Disney worry too much as long as they get money and the developer follows their IP agreements
It's 2 years away at the earliest I would imagine and to me that makes it sound like its only coming to Xbox and PC's and maybe a port to the Switch 2

Ohhhhh YES! I've been thinking there really needs to be a new Indiana Jones game for a while, this is literally a dream come true, I mean... wow.

Seriously, this makes me incredibly excited.

It needs to be on PS5. Good that someone is making a new Indiana Jones game. I'm still disappointed that this was cancelled:

I've always been sad that one never came out as well.

Papacheeks

Banned
It has nothing to do with any prior deals.

Once MS takes over, either those deals have to be re-negotiated, or they already were during the preliminary process of the buyout. I'm pretty sure Phil and other Xbox execs already know the exclusivity status of this game and any others even before the deal is finalized. Bethesda most likely had to open their books and MS now knows the roadmap of Zenimax for the next few years thanks to the due dilligence process. This would also explain the inflated price of 7.5B. If they have more licensed games in the pipeline, MS had to pay premium to get those aswell.

Anyone who thinks MS will be cockblocked by a recent deal when they pay close to 8 billion dollars is delusional. IF this game makes it to PS5, it's not because of any deals made prior to the buyout. It's because MS wants it to for some reason.

Judging by the non-reception from Sony, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they have no idea about any Zenimax game coming to PS5 except for the two they paid for. Jim Ryan already said he has no clue if Starfield is even coming to PS5.

They could have had a deal a while back, it depends on when this project started. If it was still in early talks with lucas arts, then who knows. The announcement was super early. Honestly until we know where they are in development it's hard to nail down.

It could be part of the whole deal with MS, or it could have been a prior deal bethesda had going on before negotiations even started. Who knows.

StarWars has been a giant brand since the '70s. So I don't get your point and we've had exclusive Star Wars games for the N64, Cube, Xbox Ect I don't think Disney worry too much as long as they get money and the developer follows their IP agreements
It's 2 years away at the earliest I would imagine and to me that makes it sound like its only coming to Xbox and PC's and maybe a port to the Switch 2

My point is now, starwars brand wise and gaming is way larger than it ever was in the 70's-80's. Even early games on super nintendo and Playstation pale in comparison to the sales of battlefront, jedi fallen order titles. Also seems EA still has a contract for starwars. So indy is free it seems, I do wonder since Indy has a connection to xbox from previous games, if this was something bethesda and xbox worked on together which maybe sealed the deal for their buyout.

Last edited:
Top Bottom