• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macquarie Report on NX: "Coming next week" (Take with a grain of salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
It would be kind of hilarious if the NX was revealed via a three sentence long press release at 3AM like the 3DS was.

I just want to know dangit :/ This is the most interesting sounding console design ever for me; Sucks that Nintendo is being so tight lipped.

BD1

Banned
Think we'll get an wholly unsatisfying reveal in October of the name and concept and some BotW NX footage, and then the full blown reveal (design, games, price, etc) in January.

I've been washed out of the NX hype cycle though, truly don't care anymore until they show it.

BuggyMike

I'd be more than willing to buy the NX for 300 or even more so long as it has the value. I feel like looking at the price alone is silly, if a console presents enough value to warrant a certain price, I believe people will buy it. I don't agree that Nintendo can't compete with Sony and Microsoft at the 300 dollar price point considering Nintendo has the opportunity to really stand out because of it's 1st party and unique hardware, while Sony and Microsoft's approaches are very similar. IMO, because of the Wii U, a lot of people are underestimating Nintendo's influence. Now, that alone isn't enough to guarantee success (as we've seen with the Wii U) but if done right I can see them doing just fine.

It would seem odd to me to announce the next new thing right in the run up to Christmas. That's got to have an effect on current hardware sales if something much better is coming in maybe less than six months.

ozfunghi

I still wouldn't put money on an NX reveal this year, especially before the holidays.

It makes perfect sense before the holidays. I've been saying for months that late october - early november makes the most sense if they want to release in march 2017.

That doesn't sound like it's from the analyst report, more like an aside the writer on seekingalpha.com was pulling out of his ass / basing on existing rumors.

Alebrije

tumblr_inline_obq1keUAM51qmij1i_540.png

MuchoMalo

Banned
lol analyst predictions

Yeah, that doesn't mean much. Also, they downgraded Nintendo based on random internet rumors/speculation. How am I meant to take this group seriously?

NX will not be $350. I'm absolutely positive of that unless it's not what we expect.

psyfi

Banned
Think we'll get an wholly unsatisfying reveal in October of the name and concept and some BotW NX footage, and then the full blown reveal (design, games, price, etc) in January.
There's no way they're revealing the console and only showing Zelda. Zero chance. They're going to come out swinging, or at least trying to swing.

Doctre81

lol analyst predictions

Yeah, that doesn't mean much. Also, they downgraded Nintendo based on random internet rumors/speculation. How am I meant to take this group seriously?

NX will not be $350. I'm absolutely positive of that unless it's not what we expect.

Could be with the dock.

I mean, they're going to have to reveal it at some point, or it's going to be really weird when people have it in their homes in "March".

I actually do think it'll hit March, with a 3DS launch-tier library and major features not in the firmware.

Kansoku

Mark 13:32 - "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Maxinas

Mark 13:32 - "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Amen.
You all are making this worse for yourselves believing in every clickbait "rumor/ leak" that pops up every other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom