• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macquarie Report on NX: "Coming next week" (Take with a grain of salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
Okay so for those of you who haven't kept up with the Gameblog thread some info came out from the Macquarie Group where they downgraded Nintendo from "outperforming" to "neutral" among speculation that the NX is going to be between $300-$350

The bigger piece of info from this is that they state the NX is being revealed next week

http://seekingalpha.com/news/3213925-expecting-nx-console-disappointment-macquarie-cuts-nintendo-neutral

This is a link that cites the info from the report, as of right now idk if a direct link to the report exists.

Here's what macquarie is

EDIT

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/787586221744590848?s=09

Speculation is Nintendo would unveil NX details in coming week. I guess all we can do is just wait. No announcement from company yet.

https://twitter.com/Willvs/status/787707989054648320?s=09

Cette semaine je ne sais pas, mais en off, Nintendo évoque en effet une annonce "très bientôt" auprès de ses contacts dans l'industrie.

which for my non french speaking fam is basically

"Don't know about this week, but behind the scenes, Nintendo have indeed mentioned an announcement "very soon" among their contacts in the industry."

Basically we got that tweet from WSJ and one from Le Monde which is equivalent to France's Time magazine.

Somethings cooking and it's not that new Guwop I'm listening to

Woptober out now

It's time brehs

Also Rösti a real 1

Rösti;220280142 said:
Just for clarification.

Nintendo's FY 2016 Second Quarter Earnings Release

October 26 following the closing auction of the market (TSE/JPX) at 03:15 PM JST.

Corresponds to Pacific Daylight Time:

t1477462500z4.png

A news conference in conjunction with the release is likely.

Nintendo's FY 2016 Corporate Management Policy Briefing / Second Quarter Financial Results Briefing

Tentatively scheduled for October 27, 09:00 - 10:00 AM JST.

Corresponds to Pacific Daylight Time:

t1477530000z4.png

The announcement of NX being released in 2017 was made during a news conference.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I think I've become numb to the hype. Too many "insiders" and misses with info, I'm content to wait and be surprised with it.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
The company's move into mobile gaming, Super Mario Run, has a missed opportunity as well, Macquarie says: Being only iOS and ex-China, it's missing 60% of the market.

I'm concerned about the level of research here y'all

Banned
That's a console price not a handheld or hybrid price. Nintendo can't get away with selling at that price unless it's a PS4 killer.

Mega

Banned
I'm fed up with waiting, not because of hype either. I just think it's a very late reveal at this point (relative to when it's supposedly launching), and the complete silence from them on the subject is both stupid and silly. Nintendo needs to show the damn console/handheld already or at least provide some solid details.

Doctre81

That's a console price not a handheld or hybrid price. Nintendo can't get away with selling at that price unless it's a PS4 killer.

LOL how are you gonna say what is or is not a "hybrid" price when there has never been one?

ahkdigital

Neo Member
It doesn't necessarily mean anything but, even though their Twitter has stayed active, their Facebook has gone dark since the 4th.

jmizzal

Surely if it was being revealed next week we'd have the event invitations out already?

Its possible they do a direct for the reveal, show off the system, some games, specs, and explain it.

Then have a big blowout in Jan thats a press conf.

Galang

Banned
Well I mean it has to be super soon right? If it doesn't happen in the next few weeks then I guess we'll be waiting until E3 for a huge blowout.

jmizzal

Tomorrow morning Nintendo needs to tweet out the reveal date for next week, so we can have a weekend of speculation lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom