• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
2eojr5s.jpg

Season 4 of the critically acclaimed AMC series Mad Men starts up Sunday, July 25th at 10pm.

Summary
Mad Men is an American dramatic television series created and produced by Matthew Weiner. The show is broadcast on the American cable network AMC and is produced by Lionsgate Television. It premiered on July 19, 2007 and completed its third season on November 8, 2009. The production of a fourth season began on April 12, 2010. Season 4 will premiere on AMC July 25, 2010 at 10/9c.

The series revolves around the conflicted world of Don Draper (Hamm), the biggest ad man (and ladies man) in the business, and his colleagues at the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce Advertising Agency. As Don makes the plays in the boardroom and the bedroom, he struggles to stay a step ahead of the rapidly changing times and the young executives nipping at his heels. The series also depicts authentically the roles of men and women in this era while exploring the true human nature beneath the guise of 1960s traditional family values.

Mad Men has received widespread critical acclaim, particularly for its historical authenticity and visual style, and has won numerous awards, including three Golden Globes, a BAFTA and six Emmys. It is the second cable series to win the Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series and the first basic cable series to do so.
rmo7yo.jpg
vpkjtd.jpg
2w71k6g.jpg
2aait6u.jpg

Links
General
- Wikipedia
- Wikipedia Episode Summaries
- IMDB

AMC

- AMC Main site
- AMC Episode Guide
- Mad Men Yourself - avatar generator
- Videos from AMC
- Cast

2ziwpxe.jpg

Articles and Reviews
- NY Times: Back to Work for ‘Mad Men’ *lots of spoilers*
- USA Today: AMC's 'Mad Men' serves up major changes all around *spoilers*
- More coming soon...

2ywb78y.jpg

2hnvts6.jpg

2rgmg6h.jpg

Talon

If you've never seen this show, you owe it to yourself to catch up.

Exceptional television. AMC's really brought their a-game the last 4-5 years with this and BB.

I really should catch up on this, and by catch up I mean Episode 2 Season 1 to Finale Season 3 :/

I gotta week. I should try!

I usually wait 'til a season is over and watch it on a weekend (True Blood, BB), but there's no fucking way I can do that with Mad Men.

Oh, and the OP looks really great. Good job.

I'm super hyped. I watched the first 3 seasons on Blu Ray.

Unfortunately, as a DirecTV subscriber, I'll have to suffer through 480i vanilla AMC, as they don't carry AMC HD, AFAIK

Can't fucking wait. Last season was fantastic and the storyline for this season looks like it could be another winner.

For the record AMC is all right again in my book. Sure they'll play the occasional shitty movie loaded with commercials but their original shows have been amazing.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I cannot wait to see how the grand
reset
plays out this season... so awesome awesome awessooommeee.

Also, more alison brie in the off-season of Community :)

_dementia said:
Is the amount of time that has passed since the previous season known?
I believe that NY Times article that I linked above has the time jump listed, but I didn't read through it since it's chock full of spoilers.

Cornballer said:
I believe that NY Times article that I linked above has the time jump listed, but I didn't read through it since it's chock full of spoilers.
I figured as much, but I want to avoid spoilers too

Wes

venison crêpe
After binging on all three seasons in the space of a fortnight recently I am very much looking forward to Season 4.

Viewt

_dementia said:
Is the amount of time that has passed since the previous season known?
I believe it's supposed to be
one year into the new agency. Which is pretty much where it should be - picking up right after the S3 finale wouldn't be able to give us the grand scope of how everything's changed, but this is still early on enough in SCDP to show us the growing pains.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
oh awesome people are talking about s4 already

why can't people just enjoy a show as it airs? spoilers are for suckers

jon bones said:
oh awesome people are talking about s4 already

why can't people just enjoy a show as it airs? spoilers are for suckers

There aren't spoilers, and its starting next week? Cornballer runs a tight ship, calm down.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
oh it's not him i just saw a post re: the "time gap" and i'd rather not know anything.

and i'll be calmer after a smoke. so glad i started smoking again in time for season 4.

jon bones said:
oh it's not him i just saw a post re: the "time gap" and i'd rather not know anything.

and i'll be calmer after a smoke. so glad i started smoking again in time for season 4.

Oh, yeah, that. I am kinda pissed about that post.

Viewt said:
I believe it's supposed to be
one year into the new agency.Which is pretty much where it should be - picking up right after the S3 finale wouldn't be able to give us the grand scope of how everything's changed, but this is still early on enough in SCDP to show us the growing pains.
sguc9g.jpg

Please use spoiler tags.

Viewt

Ah crap, mea culpa, guys. Didn't think that really counted as a spoiler since we'd know within the first five minutes of the premiere. Anywho, it's spoilered now.

giga said:
I, for one, can't wait to see Betty put in her place.
Betty is a petulant brat, to be sure.

But when you think about it, you can't blame her for leaving Don. He's a serial philanderer and an absentee father. She had every right to dump his ass.

There's a funny double standard when it comes to Betty and Don. People seem to be far more accepting of Don's flaws than Betty's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom