• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

giga said:
Great shot near the end.

0nwex
Woah. Totally missed out everyone in the boardroom talking to Cosgrove. When I was watching, I was so focused on Don and the new guy...

NYR said:
Woah. Totally missed out everyone in the boardroom talking to Cosgrove. When I was watching, I was so focused on Don and the new guy...

I liked the tiny moment of Peggy hugging Cosgrove. No scene. No dialogue. Just a hug.

LCfiner

jon bones said:
peggy is such a babe

she’s come a long way from season 1

icaUD.jpg

(though I do think she’s trying too hard in that Rolling Stone cover with that "come hither" face. doesn’t really fit…)

ollin

LCfiner said:

icaUD.jpg

(though I do think she’s trying too hard in that Rolling Stone cover with that "come hither" face. doesn’t really fit…)
Yeah her facial expression just doesn't looks right.

Paznos

Finally caught up from Season one til now and each season is better than the last, although they haven't shown that much of Betty this season I want more Betty.

anaron

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
You're so alone in wanting that.
Eh, I could do with more of her too. I'd rather see her character be developed than watch Don drinking himself to death for the sixth week in a row.

LCfiner said:

icaUD.jpg

Speak for yourselves, it totally works for me!

BenjaminBirdie said:
Those are great. I love that one of the receptionist.

If I didn't know that was shot in 2010, you could easily convince me it was from a Life magazine from the '60s. That is a great shot.

rhino4evr

This show is so very good that it's ridiculous. I love how all those nights of binge drinking are starting to catch up with Don. The Life cereal pitch meeting was fantastic. If John Hamm gets turned down for an Emmy again next year, there is some serious issues with the Academy. Out of all the seasons, I feel this one has really shown just how human he is. Where in the past he could screw any girl he wanted, drink his clients to decisions, and still come home and be a father..he is now struggling on all levels. Socially, sexually, and professionally he is a complete mess. A trainwreck in the making.

The only thing I dislike about the new season is the goofy old receptionist. In "Mad Men reality" Don would have fired her the first day. Keeping her on the job makes the show feel a lot more fictional then it should.

Kano On The Phone said:
http://www.rollingstone.com/files/content/mounts/sambamount/images/CULTURE/GALLERY/2010/madmen_on_set_1113/dondraper_office.jpg

My innocence is gone. I feel like I just saw Santa Claus' dick.

:lol

Amir0x

Banned
oh god stop posting those pictures

it's amazing how completely sucked into the world of Mad Men that I really don't want the illusion to be shattered in any way :lol

rhino4evr said:
The only thing I dislike about the new season is the goofy old receptionist. In "Mad Men reality" Don would have fired her the first day. Keeping her on the job makes the show feel a lot more fictional then it should.

It's been covered a couple times, but it's Joan punishing Don for losing his last secretary.

Amir0x

Banned
StopMakingSense said:
It's been covered a couple times, but it's Joan punishing Don for losing his last secretary.

yup. I think secretly Don is accepting this as well because he doesn't seem to have the self-control right now to NOT pursue his urges even if they're in the office place. He's losing himself as it is

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Uhhhh....

0067901_pete_dressing.jpg

Why is Pete in a military uniform?

It's scaring me because just the other night I was thinking about the possibility of Pete getting drafted and sent to Vietnam. The Vietnam ground war starts in early 1965, Joan's husband will probably ship out soon, I wonder if anyone else will get caught up in it?

Spire said:
Uhhhh....

0067901_pete_dressing.jpg

Why is Pete in a military uniform?

It's scaring me because just the other night I was thinking about the possibility of Pete getting drafted and sent to Vietnam. The Vietnam ground war starts in early 1965, Joan's husband will probably ship out soon, I wonder if anyone else will get caught up in it?

It seems like he's just in makeup before getting costumed.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
BenjaminBirdie said:
It seems like he's just in makeup before getting costumed.

In several of the other shots the actors are already in costume as they're having make-up applied. I find it more likely that that's a costume rather than Vincent's personal casual wear.

Spire said:
In several of the other shots the actors are already in costume as they're having make-up applied. I find it more likely that that's a costume rather than Vincent's personal casual wear.

And the sunglasses too? There's no way Pete Campbell would suddenly have like stubble and baggy clothes in the 1960s. And there's no way he'd get a shave in costume.

Amir0x

Banned
That's a senior airman rank, I highly doubt they'll be at a place in the show where he would be promoted so quickly

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
BenjaminBirdie said:
And the sunglasses too? There's no way Pete Campbell would suddenly have like stubble and baggy clothes in the 1960s. And there's no way he'd get a shave in costume.

If other actors are going through make-up in costume, why wouldn't he? And if he's in Vietnam, stubble wouldn't be surprising.

gdt

BTW, those pictures are from an older episode. It's from the one that Slattery directed (you can see him in one of the pictures).

Unless he has another episode coming up.

Amir0x

Banned
Spire said:
If other actors are going through make-up in costume, why wouldn't he? And if he's in Vietnam, stubble wouldn't be surprising.

Again, that's the senior airman rank. Even if this season he magically goes to Vietnam or even if he goes NEXT season, it is incredibly unlikely he'd already be at that rank in those respective years.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Amir0x said:
That's a senior airman rank, I highly doubt they'll be at a place in the show where he would be promoted so quickly

It's the first rank above Private First Class, it's not that unreasonable I guess. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but the show is about to hit the start of the ground war in Vietnam and the draft hasn't played too much of a role in the series yet. I wouldn't be shocked if someone from Sterling Cooper gets sent over there.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
gdt5016 said:
BTW, those pictures are from an older episode. It's from the one that Slattery directed (you can see him in one of the pictures).

Unless he has another episode coming up.

He also directed episode twelve, I believe. He mentioned it in an interview, he directed two episodes this season.

Amir0x

Banned
Spire said:
It's the first rank above Private First Class, it's not that unreasonable I guess. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but the show is about to hit the start of the ground war in Vietnam and the draft hasn't played too much of a role in the series yet. I wouldn't be shocked if someone from Sterling Cooper gets sent over there.

no..

Airman Basic = no insignia
Airman = one stripe and star
Airman First Class = two stripe and star
Senior Airman = three stripe and star

You can even tell by the insignia itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom