• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

gdt5016 said:
BTW, those pictures are from an older episode. It's from the one that Slattery directed (you can see him in one of the pictures).

Unless he has another episode coming up.

He's directing another one later in the season.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Amir0x said:
no..

Airman Basic = no insignia
Airman = one stripe and star
Airman First Class = two stripe and star
Senior Airman = three stripe and star

You can even tell by the insignia itself.

And Airman First Class is the equivalent of Private First Class, which is what I said.

Amir0x

Banned
Spire said:
And Airman First Class is the equivalent of Private First Class, which is what I said.

i misread your comment to mean there was only two ranks to get there, nevermind.

Anyway, clearly he wouldn't be Senior Airman in this season. And this pics are for episodes being shot this season.

Viewt

With Pete Campbell's family connections (the Dyckmans), there's no way he'd be drafted. And I sincerely doubt he'd enlist.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Amir0x said:
i misread your comment to mean there was only two ranks to get there, nevermind.

Anyway, clearly he wouldn't be Senior Airman in this season. And this pics are for episodes being shot this season.

The show has jumped a year or so ahead before, albeit between seasons. I don't really think that'll happen this season, but a character in military clothes with the show about to plow right into the thick of Vietnam is suspicious. Like I said, I'm probably just paranoid but I expect the draft and Vietnam to play a bigger part in the show than just with Joan's husband. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Amir0x

Banned
don't get me wrong, it'd be a very interesting scenario to see how Pete would react to being drafted (or even if he was the type of person to enlist), but I just don't think given the evidence this is what's happening here. Odd rank, shooting for this season. They'd have to jump ahead mid-season by over a year.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Spire said:
Uhhhh....

0067901_pete_dressing.jpg

Why is Pete in a military uniform?

It's scaring me because just the other night I was thinking about the possibility of Pete getting drafted and sent to Vietnam. The Vietnam ground war starts in early 1965, Joan's husband will probably ship out soon, I wonder if anyone else will get caught up in it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senior_Airman

seems unlikely to be a part of the story unless the timeline takes a few years jump for Pete to earn that rank.

Viewt

BenjaminBirdie said:
Especially with a baby on the way.
Besides, there are other, less desirable people who are available.

You know who we're talking about...

5txt7o.jpg

There really is a Pete Campbell screencap for every sentiment.

Also, I know Pete's not racist.

Acrylamid

Spire said:
I don't really think that'll happen this season, but a character in military clothes with the show about to plow right into the thick of Vietnam is suspicious.
Maybe the reason behind the whole photo shoot was that Matthew Weiner wanted to create this foiler?

Or we're getting another dream sequence (triggered by LSD?) like the one Betty had in "The Fog" last year... :D

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Acrylamid said:
Maybe the reason behind the whole photo shoot was that Matthew Weiner wanted to create this foiler?

Or we're getting another dream sequence (triggered by LSD?) like the one Betty had in "The Fog" last year... :D

Vietnam-themed musical dance number confirmed.

Do you think Don will hit rock bottom this season and pull himself together in the final two seasons, or do you think he will continue to unravel and reach unprecedented levels of self-destruction?

It's almost hard to imagine Don sinking any lower, but at the same time, I find it hard to fathom that he'll somehow be able to break his dependence on alcohol and sex.

BertramCooper said:
Do you think Don will hit rock bottom this season and pull himself together in the final two seasons, or do you think he will continue to unravel and reach unprecedented levels of self-destruction?

It's almost hard to imagine Don sinking any lower, but at the same time, I find it hard to fathom that he'll somehow be able to break his dependence on alcohol and sex.

I dunno. I tend to think that people like Don IRL find some steadying influence-- like a girlfriend/wife-- and get stable (though still have problems) or else they completely tank. But neither of those scenarios sounds like good TV.

Edit: Which is why I keep thinking Faye is the way he's going to go. I can see him sobering up for her, if she got interested.

turnbuckle

Wait a minute. Has there been confirmation that 2012 will be the end of the show? I thought AMC denied it and that although Weiner originally wanted it over in 2012 what he wanted overall was an end date set.

Did I miss something?

turnbuckle said:
Wait a minute. Has there been confirmation that 2012 will be the end of the show? I thought AMC denied it and that although Weiner originally wanted it over in 2012 what he wanted overall was an end date set.

Did I miss something?
Weiner said he ideally wouldn't want it to go on longer than 6 seasons. Nothing about 2012 though, so I guess we could see the show go on hiatus.

YYZ

_dementia said:
the actor who plays Cooper's hair in the candid shots looks weird as hell
is he a friar or some shit?
Coopers...hair? Heir? That was very confusing because I thought you were trying to make some odd joke. And I haven't seen the pic. Nice spoilers about Pete though (?). Didn't know we were doing future spoilers now.

YYZ said:
Coopers...hair? Heir? That was very confusing because I thought you were trying to make some odd joke. And I haven't seen the pic. Nice spoilers though. Didn't know we were doing future spoilers now.
Hair. Pelo. Cheveux.
Robert Morse's regular hair looks strange before the makeup artists work on it.

Dunno how that is a spoiler.

_dementia said:
Hair. Pelo. Cheveux.
Robert Morse's regular hair looks strange before the makeup artists work on it.

Dunno how that is a spoiler.

It was just the weird way you said it. It sounded like you were referencing an actor who played Cooper's hair, apart from Cooper.

I might create a separate thread for this, although that can often dangerously backfire. My sister has entered a contest to win a walk-on part on Mad Men. This is her entry:

http://madmencastingcall.amctv.com/browse/detail/ZQ7P5V

I'm sure she'd love your votes. I doubt it's anything more than an extra in the background, but she was a pretty good actress in college and high school, so maybe it could lead to a line or something.

PBY

Banned
adamsappel said:
I might create a separate thread for this, although that can often dangerously backfire. My sister has entered a contest to win a walk-on part on Mad Men. This is her entry:

I'm sure she'd love your votes. I doubt it's anything more than an extra in the background, but she was a pretty good actress in college and high school, so maybe it could lead to a line or something.
would (vote for her of course :D )
hope she wins

adamsappel said:

Voted.

turnbuckle said:

Did I miss something?
Nothing is set in stone, but Weiner has said he's shooting for 6 seasons. So I'm operating under the assumption that there will be two seasons left after the current one.

If you think of Mad Men as a two-act play, Season 3 felt very much like the end of the first act.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
BertramCooper said:
Nothing is set in stone, but Weiner has said he's shooting for 6 seasons. So I'm operating under the assumption that there will be two seasons left after the current one.

If you think of Mad Men as a two-act play, Season 3 felt very much like the end of the first act.

I bet it ends like Hamlet/Othello/Any Shakespeare tragedy and everyone dies in a ridiculous and over the top ending

Mollymauk

BertramCooper said:

I certainly hope he pulls himself out of it, because it's sure making it much less fun to drink when watching the show.

It feels so natural to have a cocktail when viewing, and this storyline is threatening my fun. :/

Dabanton

Wads said:
That's got to be the shortest description I've ever seen.

And frankly that's all i want to know. I even refuse to watch the 'next week on Mad Men trails'
and those hardly have any spoilers in. :lol

Dartastic

Still ignoring season 4 spoilers, while catching up on S3... But uh, SALVATORE? FIRED BECAUSE OF THAT LUCKY STRIKE BULLSHIT!??!?! FFFFFFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom