• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

I knew we'd get a Don and Peggy episode sooner or later. I'm glad that it was sooner though. Excellent episode.

I couldn't stop looking at the vomit stain on Don's shirt.

What did Peggy say right before the radio got turned up for the end of the boxing match?

anyone know how soon after airing do the episodes end up on Amazon/Zune/iTunes? I literally just caught up with the rest of the series about 15 minutes into tonights episode, and then I realized I don't actually get AMC :lol

VistraNorrez said:
I'm thinking Peggy might be the new Anna, not the new love interest, but that hand touch could go either way.
Well if you think about it, I'm sure Don's confused as hell. Other than Anna, every woman he's been close to he's slept with. They did a great job this episode by saying that he found her attractive. It makes you want to find out what comes next between them.

I'm also in the camp that Peggy is the new Anna. How serendipitous that Peggy and Don become more close right when Anna died. Maybe that's what Draper planned all along.

turnbuckle

How can an hour of television be so incredible? Almost every episode this season could rank in my personal top 10 of the series; almost every episode this season could've been considered my contender for best in the series. Until this episode. It's goddamned mindblowing how great this show is, and I feel real remorse for those who cannot appreciate it. This episode was perfect.

i liked when don said "it's time to get over birthdays" :lol

i feel the same way.. some people make way too big a deal about that shit

Online extras from AMC:

- Inside episode 407
- Recap of episode 407
- Talked about scene from 407
- Sneak peek at episode 408
- New pics in the gallery

episode-7-peggy-don.jpg

episode-7-don-duck-peggy.jpg

episode-7-peggy-don2.jpg

turnbuckle

The only bad thing about this episode was Duck's feet. WTF. I rewound that scene a few times out of the same kind of morbid curiosity that causes one to look at car wreck or image search something gross one only learns about when someone says "whatever you do, don't do an image search on this".

Wads

Banned
I think the fact he didn't sleep with her and said that he has to have rules means that she is the new Anna...not a new love interest. They were intimate without being intimate and I assume it will stay that way.

Wads

Banned
turnbuckle said:
The only bad thing about this episode was Duck's feet. WTF. I rewound that scene a few times out of the same kind of morbid curiosity that causes one to look at car wreck or image search something gross one only learns about when someone says "whatever you do, don't do an image search on this".

What... these little things?

4l6s1e.jpg

maharg

idspispopd
I'm late to the holy shit party, but holy shit that was an incredible episode.

This show is like a beautiful palace of cards. Everything is so precise, everything rests on everything that went before it. One thing out of place and it could wreck the whole thing, but they never fail.

When the image of Anna walked into his office... I dunno, that was just brilliant.

cory64

I'm also watching The Wire for the first time (I'm on season 2), so between the two, television has surpassed film as the best medium.

RaidenZR

That episode was very strong, especially because of those two characters and the history imbued in every other conversation. Very nicely woven.

I am really hoping this is Don's turning point. I enjoy seeing Don hit lows and then bounce back to be the fucking almighty ruler from time to time, but he's only really had one high moment this season with the Honda account. And was anyone else cringing all episode at the thought he would get so drunk that he would attempt to bed Peggy down? Glad that was some weird, pessimistic tangent of my imagination. Their characters are both better than that.

RaidenZR said:
And was anyone else cringing all episode at the thought he would get so drunk that he would attempt to bed Peggy down? Glad that was some weird, pessimistic tangent of my imagination. Their characters are both better than that.

yeah i was kind of cringing the whole time hoping that it wouldn't go in that direction

also seeing don bested by duck was kind of embarrassing, no matter how drunk he was.

i cant stand peggys little clan of douches.. hate those guys

RaidenZR

brianjones said:
yeah i was kind of cringing the whole time hoping that it wouldn't go in that direction

also seeing don bested by duck was kind of embarrassing, no matter how drunk he was.

I didn't really interpret it that way by the end of the scene. I think the combination of him saying Uncle and the whole relationship with Peggy staying respectable and genuine is a sign that this was him scraping the bottom of his personal and professional gutter. At least I hope so.

...but I thought that we'd see him start climbing again post-Honda and look at what happened after that.

Amir0x

Banned
ok Jon Hamm better win a goddamn emmy for this episode holy fuck. So many sides of his character he had to play, and he pulled it off flawlessly. Elisabeth Moss should win an emmy too, so powerful.

I'm still unsure where the show is heading with Don and Peggy's relationship. I don't know if I'd like it if they ended up together or not, or if it's all just mutual respect. Will Peggy be the one Don ultimately reveals his true self to now that Anna is gone?

This show. How is it possible to be this consistently high quality? It's obscene really. I thought there was no where to go but down after Season 3...

I caught the rerererun and wow. I hope this is the end of dons freefall. His and Peggy's relationship was also in a freefall and maybe their relationship will get better as well.

cory64

Amir0x said:
ok Jon Hamm better win a goddamn emmy for this episode holy fuck. So many sides of his character he had to play, and he pulled it off flawlessly. Elisabeth Moss should win an emmy too, so powerful.
I really don't see how she doesn't win Best Supporting Actress next year, but you never know with awards voters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom