• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Newfound respect for Peggy after this episode. So many striking scenes of her reacting to Don that were just executed perfectly.

"I have a toothbrush and toothpaste in my desk"

qyodm

And right after the phone call.

zayz

squicken

Fucking amazing. I don't want to be reactionary and say it was the best the show has done, but it is on the short list. I felt like I had spent an entire evening with Don and Peggy, but it was only 45 minutes. Great emotion in so many scenes. The phone call. Don chewing out Peggy. The bar.

Duck trying to shit in Roger's office was hysterical. I had to pause it so I could laugh and not miss the follow up dialog. Same with Roger and the guy who killed someone with his boat. Something like "you get over something like that by drinking!"

maharg

idspispopd
Viewt said:
Though I gotta say, damn, Don got fucking punked by Duck Phillips. That's low.

Duck was by far the most pathetic character this episode (and that's saying something with how pathetic Don has gotten). He didn't punk anyone.

hamchan

Well that was one of the best episodes ever. I expect Mad Men season 4 and Jon Hamm to win the emmy next year. Jon Hamm freaking turned red during that shouting match!

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Jon Hamm's got next year's emmy on lock. Especially considering Breaking Bad won't be eligible. Even if it were, his performance this season has been iconic. Rarely does a TV character give me goosebumps. And the writing and overall production holy shit. Such an incredible season of one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

Tucah

you speak so well
What an absolutely fantastic episode. Even for a show as consistently great as Mad Men, this season is the best yet and, although it's only a little over half over, definitely in contention for one of the greatest seasons of television if it can keep up the momentum from the past few episodes.

Peggy has been one of the most interesting characters this season, and her relationship with Don has always been one of the most intriguing aspects of the show to me. This episode only confirmed that view and was easily one of the best episodes of the show. There were so many incredible moments scattered in this episode. So great. Again, what a spectacular show and perfect season so far.

LCfiner

I’m glad Peggy’s done with that pill of a boyfriend.

TV doesn’t get much better than this. I was cringing during the yelling match between Don and Peggy. There’s so much history between them and having all that raw emotion out there. just… goddamn. it was painful.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I'm still shaking. I can't help but feel privileged to be caught up with what I believe to be one of the greatest TV shows of all time. It doesn't get any better than this.

Rookje

I can't believe how fucking good this show is. I mean, wow. Holy shit. That was probably the best episode of the show so far, next to The Mountain King.

It truly is a privilege to be able to watch this show.

etiolate

Banned
I kind of liked the constant threat of Peggy leaving. I think this episode puts the nix on that.

Really great shots of her and Don through the whole episode. My favorite was them at the bar.

Waikis

What do you guys think about the samsonite ad? sure it's a play on an iconic moment, but every companies will be doing the same and what's gonna make the samsonite ad so special compared to the other ads?

The ad seems to be just as bland and uninspired as Peggy's pitches.

Caught it last night, but was too tired after the encore to post, but yes, a stunning, incredible one last night. I almost expected the return to the status quo by the end with Don and Peggy, and thankfully that wasn't the case.

Also: Drunk Don vs. Drunk Duck = Win.

I still feel like this season just got started. How many episodes left?

maharg said:
Duck was by far the most pathetic character this episode (and that's saying something with how pathetic Don has gotten). He didn't punk anyone.

Agreed.

Don's "uncle" was, if anything, opting out of doing more stupid shit. His wake-up for the moment.

I cheered when he went to defend Peggy though. Even if he missed.

I also think that *finally* we're seeing the bottom. Don admits he has a problem, even in passing. Peggy's broken through her anger at Don at confronting him on a bunch of shit, and she's gotten a real answer about her ability. (I didn't get the sense that Don was dismissive of her as he's been in the past, but rather that her gave her an accurate assessment and corrected her over-inflation of her own abilities.) And after that, they got in synch working well. And he's opened up to her. So he has somebody who can tell him to straighten up, that he trusts.

Damn, that was good.

Empty

that was sublime. that's all i really have to say. so perfect that it really just speaks, nay shouts, lauds and celebrates, for itself. masterful.

Hi Madmed fans,

I'm almost done with season 3, and I'm new to iTunes

I just went on iTunes store and it had only the odd numbered episodes for season 4!! 1,3,5,7..etc

why is that?

and if I buy the whole season from iTunes would it include all the episodes?

almokla said:
Hi Madmed fans,

I'm almost done with season 3, and I'm new to iTunes

I just went on iTunes store and it had only the odd numbered episodes for season 4!! 1,3,5,7..etc

why is that?

and if I buy the whole season from iTunes would it include all the episodes?

Not sure what those numbers are, but those are definitely all of the episodes of season four so far, including last night's.

LCfiner said:
TV doesn’t get much better than this. I was cringing during the yelling match between Don and Peggy. There’s so much history between them and having all that raw emotion out there. just… goddamn. it was painful.
But also necessary. And as much of an asshole he was during that, he did make some valid points, which makes it all the worse.

My favorite scene was the phone ringing loudly and fear entering Don's face, until he realizes it's Peggy's phone that was ringing.

Perfectly done.

Empty

anaron said:
http://i55.tinypic.com/b4g476.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2j0mgjr.jpg[IMG]

Thanks! I've meaning to say the same for yours. :)[/QUOTE]

:o

didn't pick up on that piece of symmetry. amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom