• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 18 announced: Tom Brady (G.O.A.T. Edition), Frostbite, teaser trailer, XB1/PS4

Why is it that FIFA continues to be released on PC and Madden stopped 10 or so years ago to never return? What gives?

Also this is the first Madden to skip PS3 and 360, isn't it? Unless they'll announce those versions later.

FyreWulff

FIFA sells most in countries where PC gaming is stronger than console gaming

US is still more console oriented for total game sales

Are you a Rams, Eagles, Panthers, Seahawks or Panthers fan?

"Confirmed cheaters" is quite a statement. Other teams (Vikings and Panthers) were caught intentionally altering the football pressure and no one cared. Spygate is also dumb if you were at all familiar with the details. They were taping signals from an "unauthorized location". You can tape signals, I mean Jesus the whole stadium can see the sidelines, but they weren't allowed to tape from their own sidelines.

Salty people like to attribute the Patriots' success to these two situations, but it just doesn't make sense. How much did it affect Brady this year when the NFL was monitoring the ball pressure more closely? Seems like he still did pretty well.

I agree that the number of rings isn't the only way to compare quarterbacks, but your list of "better quarterbacks" is hilarious. No Montana? And you really think Peyton, Favre and Unitas are better than Brady? I might be willing to concede Marino is one of the best QBs of all time, but I can't accept those other QBs as being in the same class as Brady. I think Montana, Brady, Marino are the three best QBs of all time. I personally think Brady has earned his reputation as the GOAT, but I'd be okay with Marino or Montana being in the debate.

You don't have to accept it. It just is what it is. We're not always going to agree on things as people/sports fans.

What's not to accept? Especially in Manning's case. He's a multiple time champion(since that seems to be a big thing for some)the only five time MVP in NFL history, holds an endless amount of records, he's the only QB in history to go to four SB's with four different coaches, and he's also the only QB to win a SB with two different teams. Peyton Manning won a lot of games. Tom Brady has also won a lot of games. Peyton Manning won well over 100 of his games with a defense that was ranked poorly. You know how many games Tom Brady won when his defense was ranked one of the worst? About 20. That includes for both of them regular season and post season. The Patriots don't need Tom Brady. He needs them, and Belichick. Look no further than Matt Cassel going 11-5, and then this past season them winning three of the first four he sat out. The Patriots are a well oiled machine. You could throw any above average QB in there and find yourself the next Tom Brady. The difference is massive as far as I'm concerned. Peyton Manning changed the game. Teams now look at the QB position differently when it comes to the draft because of what he's accomplished and how he played the game.

Piggus

I'd give this series a try if they would actually put some effort into the animation system. It's 2017 ffs. NaturalMotion's euphoria system has been available for almost 10 years and yet we get the same choppy, janky animations every damn year.

Floody

Why is it that FIFA continues to be released on PC and Madden stopped 10 or so years ago to never return? What gives?

Also this is the first Madden to skip PS3 and 360, isn't it? Unless they'll announce those versions later.

FIFA sells well in a lot more places were PC dominates and is just much bigger than Madden, so easier to justify I guess. Hell, I'm pretty sure they were even still making a PS2 versions of it in 2013.

FyreWulff

I'd give this series a try if they would actually put some effort into the animation system. It's 2017 ffs. NaturalMotion's euphoria system has been available for almost 10 years and yet we get the same choppy, janky animations every damn year.

The Euphoria team and middleware is notoriously hard to work with, also Zynga bought them out. EA isn't going to give Zynga money.

belushy

Banned
FIFA sells well in a lot more places were PC dominates and is just much bigger than Madden, so easier to justify I guess. Hell, I'm pretty sure they were even still making a PS2 versions of it in 2013.

Yeah I wish they'd at least do it for one year, and stop. At least with one more recent version of Madden we could potentially see the mod scene grow for it to keep it alive.

Top Bottom