• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 18 announced: Tom Brady (G.O.A.T. Edition), Frostbite, teaser trailer, XB1/PS4

Fox Mulder

Story mode?

fXCUz27_d.jpg

bionic77

Brady is the greatest of all time. All of GAF needs to recognize. Y'all fortunate to have him grace the Madden cover.
I recognize him.

He is a record holder up there with the likes of Barry Bonds, Lance Armstrong and of course right there alongside with his best friend Donald Trump.

Ah, they finally announced it. Story mode is gonna be dope! I've been telling people 18 would be the Madden to get if you've been out of the game for a while, and you weren't excited for 17.

Fox Mulder

I was never into the 2K Basketball games enough to want to play them just for their story modes which I heard were OK.

The fact we're FINALLY getting one in Madden is instantly enough for me to want to buy it this year.

Frostbite engine too. Gotta do NFS car chases and Battlefield shootouts.

I don't know if I'll buy it, but I'll at least rent for the story mode. More than I've cared for Madden in like 10 years.

ASaiyan

Banned
No Switch version is a shame. I guess if EA can't/don't want to invest in porting Frostbite we won't see Madden at all on a Nintendo console this gen? I haven't followed the NFL or Madden in literally a decade, so unless I can get that beautifully-weird new thing that is a console-handheld hybrid version I will be skipping this.

Also, people who "aren't buying" because of the cover: Um, what. You can hate Brady all day, but just print out a new one or something, lol.

Crazy to think that Andrew Luck will have his GOAT edition 10yrs from now.

Enjoy your 10 mins of fame Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.

He'll be entering his 6th year. Brady won 3 by this time. The window to securing a dynasty is closing for Luck and for pretty much everyone else presently residing in the elite class.

Striker

I know,I know ;'(..One day soon The fins will be back on top .I just want one damn Superbowl win!

OT:I wish EA had competition with NFL and NHL franchises..I'm sure if 2k could make bfl and nhl games they would blow EA's games away.
Their wrestling games are pretty uninteresting to me with how super sim and predicated on "spots" the game is. There is little creativity in matches. It's based on reversal limits, many moves involving QTE and putting things like a ladder in a certain spot in order to use it. And the last NBA game I bought from them had that horrendous Spike Lee joint in it, which pushed me away. So no, I ain't buying any of that shit. They are as bad as EA.

Hopefully we hear more on this story thing. But I doubt it's like Madden 05's Owner mode. :(

You obviously didn't play 2k much. Just the ability to run the ball without getting sucked in by animations is better than anything Madden has put out since 98.
And you don't play madden very much. I never feel like I get sucked into tackles anymore. I played the shit out of both games when they came out.
If you're going to complain about something, at least let the misinformation you spew sound somewhat sensical.

Haven't played an American Handegg game since the 16 bit era and always wanted to jump back in. Maybe this will be the one!

Damn so many games this holiday, for once!

Fox Mulder

Their wrestling games are pretty uninteresting to me with how super sim and predicated on "spots" the game is. There is little creativity in matches. It's based on reversal limits, many moves involving QTE and putting things like a ladder in a certain spot in order to use it. And the last NBA game I bought from them had that horrendous Spike Lee joint in it, which pushed me away. So no, I ain't buying any of that shit. They are as bad as EA.

Hopefully we hear more on this story thing. But I doubt it's like Madden 05's Owner mode. :(

The wrestling games are trash because they want to simulate tv or whatever instead of making a fun game.

2k also sold shitty broken MLB games on the 360 year after year because of the license.

jmizzal

No Switch version is a shame. I guess if EA can't/don't want to invest in porting Frostbite we won't see Madden at all on a Nintendo console this gen? I haven't followed the NFL or Madden in literally a decade, so unless I can get that beautifully-weird new thing that is a console-handheld hybrid version I will be skipping this.

Also, people who "aren't buying" because of the cover: Um, what. You can hate Brady all day, but just print out a new one or something, lol.

If there is a Switch version I doubt they would announce it now

But since EA has the NFL licences they have to put at least 1 version of Madden on Switch, that is why one version of Madden came to WiiU, Vita and 3DS.

No Nintendo Switch version? And no 360/PS3 legacy versions as well.

It will come to 360 and PS3 and maybe Switch this year, this is just the GOAT addition announcement, 2K18 is coming to 360/PS3 but the Shaq edition is not but that Shaq version is coming to Switch.

But since EA has the NFL licences they have to put at least 1 version of Madden on Switch, that is why one version of Madden came to WiiU, Vita and 3DS.

It will come to 360 and PS3 and maybe Switch this year, this is just the GOAT addition announcement, 2K18 is coming to 360/PS3 but the Shaq edition is not but that Shaq version is coming to Switch.

I agree. Of they are going to announce a Switch version, it would be at E3. I just question if they have enough time to get a good playing version ready. I think EA and some other developers are surprised by the success of Switch this far. They may only have Fifa for this year. But they will have to have one version on Madden on Switch at least at some point.

it's kind of weird that baseball players are mad superstitious about everything but football players are like "lol ya'll being silly"

i guess a shitload of money helps

LionPride

Banned
Jerry Rice is overrated too. lol

Give me Moss or Megatron any day.

Man stop it

While I believe Moss is the best WR to play the game in terms of ability, if someone says Rice they ain't gonna be wrong. To do what he did for as long as he did? He Number 1 or 2. Even as a Lions fan, I don't want Calvin Johnson over Rice

ASaiyan

Banned

But since EA has the NFL licences they have to put at least 1 version of Madden on Switch, that is why one version of Madden came to WiiU, Vita and 3DS
Fair enough, but I'd rather not play a highly gimped version like a last gen/Vita port, lol.

wat :S

Randy Moss = 0 ring
Calvin Johnson = 0 ring

Jerry Rice = 3 rings

yes Jerry Rice is overrated ...

Robert Horry has a billion rings. Guess he's on the level with Wilt, Jordan, Lebron, Magic, and Kobe. Trent Dilfer has one ring. Guess he's on the level with Favre and better than Marino.

Their play/greatness on the field is not determined(at least not ONLY determined)by championship wins. There were a lot of amazing athletes throughout the years, and guess what? A lot of them have no hardware to show for it. It doesn't keep them from being the best or at the very least in the discussion.

Tom Brady has five. He's not even close to Manning, Favre, Marino, Rodgers, Unitas and the like. Oh, and he and his team are confirmed cheaters, and not just once. lol

Chew on that

It just bugs me that ultimate team is the main deal now with all these games. Franchise Mode used to be important. Oh well. I just hope the CPU actually plays a good game of football this year. CPU QBs can't even run screen consistently in M17

Amneisac

Robert Horry has a billion rings. Guess he's on the level with Wilt, Jordan, Lebron, Magic, and Kobe. Trent Dilfer has one ring. Guess he's on the level with Favre and better than Marino.

Their play/greatness on the field is not determined(at least not ONLY determined)by championship wins. There were a lot of amazing athletes throughout the years, and guess what? A lot of them have no hardware to show for it. It doesn't keep them from being the best or at the very least in the discussion.

Tom Brady has five. He's not even close to Manning, Favre, Marino, Rodgers, Unitas and the like. Oh, and he and his team are confirmed cheaters, and not just once. lol

Chew on that

Are you a Rams, Eagles, Panthers, Seahawks or Panthers fan?

"Confirmed cheaters" is quite a statement. Other teams (Vikings and Panthers) were caught intentionally altering the football pressure and no one cared. Spygate is also dumb if you were at all familiar with the details. They were taping signals from an "unauthorized location". You can tape signals, I mean Jesus the whole stadium can see the sidelines, but they weren't allowed to tape from their own sidelines.

Salty people like to attribute the Patriots' success to these two situations, but it just doesn't make sense. How much did it affect Brady this year when the NFL was monitoring the ball pressure more closely? Seems like he still did pretty well.

I agree that the number of rings isn't the only way to compare quarterbacks, but your list of "better quarterbacks" is hilarious. No Montana? And you really think Peyton, Favre and Unitas are better than Brady? I might be willing to concede Marino is one of the best QBs of all time, but I can't accept those other QBs as being in the same class as Brady. I think Montana, Brady, Marino are the three best QBs of all time. I personally think Brady has earned his reputation as the GOAT, but I'd be okay with Marino or Montana being in the debate.

Top Bottom