• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 2005: ONLINE LEAGUES CONFIRMED

I have NCAA 05 and when I played a game, I noticed something during one of the load screens.

The title was online events.

Talked about tournaments and below it, and I quote.

"Create or play in web based leagues"

-----------

now you may say "who is this tool and why should we believe him?"

and the reason we should believe him is because EA said those exact words to me and wasabi @ e3 "web based leagues". him referring to that exact term seals the deal. this confirms to me that madden WILL have online leagues.

DMczaf

Whats that sound? Oh its the sound of the door slamming in Sega's face!

frontpic.jpg

Sorry Sega! You had your chance! Can't come back in!

Fifty

Glory glory! League play was the main reason I was looking forward to 2K, and if Madden has it then there's no question what I'll be spending most of my time playing.

DMczaf

pilonv1 said:
Someone confirm online play for PAL :(

I thoughts XBL games could play anyone around the world? Does Madden 2005 Xbox block out anyone outside of North America? :\

pilonv1

DMczaf said:
I thoughts XBL games could play anyone around the world? Does Madden 2005 Xbox block out anyone outside of North America? :\

No, but EA take their online play out of PS2 sports games (not called FIFA) because it's too expensive to set up servers for a small number of users. One of the Madden interviews said there was no online play for European consoles either. Put two and two together and it's a worrying time for PAL Madden fans. I would hope the Xbox versions keep their online play (hell even Sega got this bit right) but it's not looking good :(

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
FrenchMovieTheme said:
I have NCAA 05 and when I played a game, I noticed something during one of the load screens.

The title was online events.

Talked about tournaments and below it, and I quote.

"Create or play in web based leagues"

-----------

now you may say "who is this tool and why should we believe him?"

and the reason we should believe him is because EA said those exact words to me and wasabi @ e3 "web based leagues". him referring to that exact term seals the deal. this confirms to me that madden WILL have online leagues.

Here is some more proof:

attachment.php

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
DMczaf said:
Why do I have a feeling these "Online Events" are not free?

Don't say that man. That is the last thing I need.

Cable $40+ a month

Xbox Live $50 a year

I don't need any more fees. I still have to buy games you know!

Maverick

Yeah, for real. I can't handle any extra costs right now. But, if I knew the league would be super reliable, I would probably fork over $20 for unlimited access to leagues for a year. It would be worth it just for a rock solid GA league or something.

Mrbob

PC users pay $6.99 per month right now for web based leagues. I doubt leagues will be free for console users. EA already stated head to head would be free but extras would have a premium.

i don't know how EA could justify charging a "premium" when their closest competitor not only sells their game for $30 less, but also has no premium charge for leagues

Top Bottom