• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden question. Need to stop the run.

I've been playing Madden (which I hate) because it is the only game that my friend will touch. Quite boring to me but, it's better than nothing. I need a team that can stop the run. I've found the Eagles to be devistating in the pass defense (of course if your opponent only has one go to guy you just put the coverage on him and you are in like flint). But, I can find a team that is good a the line. All the defenses I have set up leave too many holes in the line and he can pick up 5 or 6 on me easy.

Suggestions.

Sounds like you may be picking the wrong formations. If they're running with two 2 RBs, go with 4-3/3-4, 46 is one of those defenses where you can shut someone down completely, or your defense can get blasted but a RB who breaks a tackle. If they go with singleback, I use nickel since it practically ensures that everyone is covered, and there's no mismatches on your end. From there, it depends on what play you choose. You can get burned if you send in the house and the running back is good.

I've started to learn to use the LB better, especially on QB Spy. If you notice that he continues to run to the right, send in a blitz coming in from the right. Easy to do, and he'll likely get killed and lose 4-5 yards...

Top Bottom