• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madeleine McCann: new suspect found; German pedophile; case being treated as murder

This is huge. 13 years later, apparently we're getting a closure to this sad story (and the whole clusterfuck that it has been).

Madeleine McCann: German police treating her disappearance as murder - prosecutors believe she is dead

A spokesman said the missing girl's parents Kate and Gerry McCann have never given up hope she is alive but are being "realistic".

Officers have named the convicted child sex offender only as Christian B and have not revealed his surname for legal reasons.

A spokesman for Madeleine's parents said they believe the identification of the 43-year-old German suspect is "the most significant development in 13 years".

Braunschweig state prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said: "The public prosecutor's office in Braunschweig is investigating a 43-year-old German national on suspicion of murder.

"From this you can see that we assume that the girl is dead.

"With the suspect, we are talking about a sexual predator who has already been convicted of crimes against little girls and he's already serving a long sentence."

German police had said earlier they did not believe the murder was premeditated and the suspect was involved in crimes like break-ins and burglary.

LIVE UPDATES ON THE STORY: https://news.sky.com/story/live-madeleine-mccann-suspect-german-police-hold-news-conference-12000348

nush

This is just another round of the Bullshit Maddie McCann cycle, they do this every year. Funds in the Maddie fundraiser account must be getting low.

Blond

Banned
Huh?

His surname has been revealed to be Brueckner.

Any particular resonance with this? Just curious as you pointed it out.

EDIT: Reading some articles I'm not exactly convinced they have the guy, this reminds me of when they suddenly had a suspect in Jon Bonet Ramsey's case. A convenient suspect because he *fits* but that's it.

What do you mean resonance?

OP says his name is censored but it’s not

I dunno, when you said that it seemed like it struck a chord with you. I completely missed where he said the name was censored...

Last edited:
By the way, the McCanns are absolutely notorious for shutting down online discussion about this by threatening legal action. I was a member of a football forum that they hit. Led to any mention of the case being an instant ban.

I don't believe that. But I'll see after this investigation ends.
They've gone above and beyond to attempt to discredit everyone and anyone who points the finger at them. Even the Netflix documentary that they 'distanced themselves from' was actually a propaganda piece put together by their sympathisers.

Christian B: What we know about jailed German Madeleine McCann suspect

The new suspect in the Madeleine McCann investigation allegedly confessed his part in her disappearance to a man in a bar.

They were sitting in a German bar when a news report about Madeleine's disappearance came on TV.

The suspect, a 43-year-old German named by prosecutors as Christian B, allegedly said something to suggest he was responsible for her going missing.

:messenger_hushed:

Later, he showed his companion a video of himself raping an elderly woman, an American tourist, in Portugal in 2005.

That prompted the informant to call German police to alert them to the suspect around the time of the 10th anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance.

He was already in jail in Germany, being investigated for alleged child sex abuse crimes.

Last year, he was convicted of the rape in the Algarve and jailed for eight years.

Last edited:

DKehoe

By the way, the McCanns are absolutely notorious for shutting down online discussion about this by threatening legal action. I was a member of a football forum that they hit. Led to any mention of the case being an instant ban.

I’m not that familiar with the case outside of the basics. So I don’t quite know the details of the case against them. But I can understand them strongly objecting to people claiming they killed their child and them taking action over it.

skynews-madeleine-mccann-german-paedophile_5005525.jpg

A Volkswagen camper van linked to the suspect

I’m not that familiar with the case outside of the basics. So I don’t quite know the details of the case against them. But I can understand them strongly objecting to people claiming they killed their child and them taking action over it.
Any discussion whatsoever, not just people saying they did it.

He is said to have moved from farmland which is connected to a beach frequented by the McCanns to the camper van in the months prior to the disappearance.

Two blond-haired men were seen on the balcony of an empty apartment two doors from the McCanns’s apartment at 2.30pm on the day of the disappearance. Blond men were again seen near the apartment at 4pm, 6pm, and 11pm.

The suspect was in the Praia de Luz area on May 3, 2007, and is known to have received a phone call at 7.32pm, which lasted 30 minutes.
Madeleine was reported missing from the resort at 10.14pm on the same night.

What were his movements between Germany and Portugal?

Police have established that Christian lived in Portugal sporadically between 1995 and 2007, and described him as an “itinerant”.
They added that he “spent some short spells” of time in Germany, and is thought to have been living in the VW T3 camper van in Praia da Luz for “days, possibly weeks”.

He owned a 1993 Jaguar saloon car with German number plates that he kept in the Algarve region. The vehicle was registered in his name, but the registration changed to another name on May 4, 2007, the day after Madeleine’s disappearance.

The suspect has also been linked to a 1993 Jaguar XJR6 with a German number plate seen in Praia da Luz and surrounding areas in 2006 and 2007
Police said:"To re-register the car in Germany you don't have to have the car in the country or region. We believe the car was still in Portugal and would like information if you saw it."

Insane Metal's words: The plot thickens.

Exclusive: The new prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann cold case is a "scapegoat", according to a former Portuguese detective who predicted today's significant developments more than a year ago.

Goncalo Amaral, who led the 2007 Portuguese police investigation when Madeleine mysteriously vanished, exclusively told Nine's hit podcast Maddie in April last year that British police were "preparing the end of the investigation, with a German pedophile who is in prison right now".

"He is probably going to be the scapegoat," Mr Amaral said in a rare interview with English-speaking media.

German and British police today dramatically announced an unnamed 43-year-old German man could be involved in Madeleine's disappearance 13 years ago.

The man is known to have been in and around Praia da Luz on Portugal's Algarve coast at the time Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007.

The Metropolitan Police released photos of a campervan the German was said to have owned in Portugal, and two phone numbers used in a May 3, 2007 telephone call which started at 7.32pm and ended at 8.02pm.

Speaking on the Maddie podcast, in a 2019 interview that has accurately foreshadowed today's developments, Mr Amaral confirmed the German had been on the Algarve.

"He was investigated by the [Policia Judiciaria, Portugal's police] at the time [and] when the case ended they discarded him," he said.

"The trailer that he lived in was taken to Germany for testing but nothing was found there."

Mr Amaral said the German suspect was a convicted sex offender and was serving sentences in Germany unrelated the disappearance of Madeleine, arguably the world's most famous missing person case.

The former cop hit out at Operation Grange, the long-running $20 million London Metropolitan Police investigation for Maddie.

He alleged Operation Grange only had "one investigation line", and claimed it was blinkered to other possibilities about what may have happened in the resort where Madeleine was staying.

In September 2007, four months after Maddie vanished, parents Kate and Gerry McCann were declared arguidos, the Portuguese word for suspects, in the case.

Weeks later, Mr Amaral was thrown off the case after he was quoted in a newspaper criticising the involvement of British police and their lines of investigation.
He claimed he was the victim of external political pressure being applied on the Policia Judiciaria.

In 2008 Mr Amaral released The Truth of the Lie, documenting his five months leading the police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

The controversial book triggered a protracted and bitter legal battle with the McCanns. The 22-chapter work suggested a theory that Madeleine had died in apartment 5A, an abduction had been simulated and the three-year-old's body was somehow removed from the resort.

Mr and Mrs McCann have strenuously denied any involvement in their daughter's disappearance. Nine.com.au does not suggest they were involved in any way.

Exclusive: The new prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann cold case is a "scapegoat", according to a former Portuguese detective who predicted today's significant developments more than a year ago.

Goncalo Amaral, who led the 2007 Portuguese police investigation when Madeleine mysteriously vanished, exclusively told Nine's hit podcast Maddie in April last year that British police were "preparing the end of the investigation, with a German pedophile who is in prison right now".

"He is probably going to be the scapegoat," Mr Amaral said in a rare interview with English-speaking media.

German and British police today dramatically announced an unnamed 43-year-old German man could be involved in Madeleine's disappearance 13 years ago.

The man is known to have been in and around Praia da Luz on Portugal's Algarve coast at the time Madeleine vanished on May 3, 2007.

The Metropolitan Police released photos of a campervan the German was said to have owned in Portugal, and two phone numbers used in a May 3, 2007 telephone call which started at 7.32pm and ended at 8.02pm.

Speaking on the Maddie podcast, in a 2019 interview that has accurately foreshadowed today's developments, Mr Amaral confirmed the German had been on the Algarve.

"He was investigated by the [Policia Judiciaria, Portugal's police] at the time [and] when the case ended they discarded him," he said.

"The trailer that he lived in was taken to Germany for testing but nothing was found there."

Mr Amaral said the German suspect was a convicted sex offender and was serving sentences in Germany unrelated the disappearance of Madeleine, arguably the world's most famous missing person case.

The former cop hit out at Operation Grange, the long-running $20 million London Metropolitan Police investigation for Maddie.

He alleged Operation Grange only had "one investigation line", and claimed it was blinkered to other possibilities about what may have happened in the resort where Madeleine was staying.

In September 2007, four months after Maddie vanished, parents Kate and Gerry McCann were declared arguidos, the Portuguese word for suspects, in the case.

Weeks later, Mr Amaral was thrown off the case after he was quoted in a newspaper criticising the involvement of British police and their lines of investigation.
He claimed he was the victim of external political pressure being applied on the Policia Judiciaria.

In 2008 Mr Amaral released The Truth of the Lie, documenting his five months leading the police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

The controversial book triggered a protracted and bitter legal battle with the McCanns. The 22-chapter work suggested a theory that Madeleine had died in apartment 5A, an abduction had been simulated and the three-year-old's body was somehow removed from the resort.

Mr and Mrs McCann have strenuously denied any involvement in their daughter's disappearance. Nine.com.au does not suggest they were involved in any way.

Amaral doesn't look very honest and responsible tbh. I read about him and his "investigation".

Damn, you guys are so certain they did it. I wish I had that clarity.

I don't think they did, I'll wait for further developments.

nush

Damn, you guys are so certain they did it. I wish I had that clarity.

I don't think they did, I'll wait for further developments.
There's years of evidence to support that the McCanns have lied and contradicted themselves. You should read up on it.

This is from the Justice for Madeleine page.

PART 1: OBJECTIVE FACTS AND CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE
VERIFYING FACTS

I believe that Madeleine McCann died in apartment 5a. When and how this happened is now at the centre of an endearing debate. Let’s be honest, there is so much crap out there that facts get distorted. Whilst we must explore every possibility, we must be wary of assumptions which have little or no grounding. Theories in science are categorised as Objective and Subjective When a scientific theory gets posted, it goes through an extremely vigorous process of verification. Only when it is proved to be true does it become objective evidence. Until that point it remains subjective. In a case like this, we have no such luxuries. Some facts are clearly Objective, but the majority of the evidence remains subjective or circumstantial, complicated by webs of human deceit.

OBJECTIVE FACTS

4 British couples shared a holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal in 2007. They were accompanied by 8 young children, all under the age of 4 and one grandmother.

Every evening, the 4 couples put their children to bed, and left them alone with no baby minding service, while they went out to eat and drink.

Madeleine McCann was reported missing on the night of 3rd May.

The parents claim she was abducted.

The parents claim that the shutters had been forced open and the window was open.

The Shutters and the window only contained Kate McCann’s finger prints.

There is no evidence that an intruder entered the apartment.

There is no evidence to suggest Madeline was abducted.

90% of all missing child cases involve somebody close to the family.

There were some worrying aspects of the statements given by the parents regarding the night of 3rdMay.

The timeline presented by the members of the Tapas 7 [the other 7 adults) in evidence on 4th May showed inconsistencies and certain statements made by the same people on the 10th May had changed.

The McCanns stated they would never return home without Madeline.

2 highly trained dogs, Eddie and Keela, found blood and cadaverine inside and outside the apartment and on their clothes. Cuddle Toy was left and photographed on the bed and also alerted the dogs to cadaveine.

The same 2 dogs found blood and cadaverine on a hire car they hired 24 days after her disappearance.

Goncalo Amaral made the parents suspects and called them in for further investigation. Kate McCann refused to answer all 48 questions in the interview.

The McCanns returned home without Madeline.

The British government and press interfered with the Portuguese investigation and Gonzalo Amaral was removed from the case.

Subsequent inquiries, including Operation Grange, financed by £12m of British tax payer’s money has still found no evidence of an abduction.

CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE

On the night of the 1st, Mrs Fenn, an elderly lady who lived directly above apartment 5a, stated that at 10.30 she heard a young child crying in the apartment below. The crying grew gradually worse. At 11.45 she heard the sliding doors, and it finally stopped.

That night, the evidence shows that the Tapas 9 ate in the Tapas bar and later went for drinks in Chaplin’s Bar outside the holiday complex. For sure, we know that between 10.30 and 11.45, no checks were done. Sadly Mrs Fenn is no longer with us, some have tried to discredit her account, please remember she had no reason to lie.

It became clear on the 3rd May that something terrible had happened. Following the accounts given in the Original Police Statements, at 10pm Kate had gone to check on the kids, came running back to the Tapas bar where all other 8 were seated, shouting “they have taken her” Madeleine was gone.

That everybody except Diane Webster, the grandmother, left the Tapas bar immediately and went to the apartment 5a. None of the others went to check on their own kids first. There were some statements made of arriving and seeing the window open. Some claimed to have entered the apartment to search and later retracted them.

There was confusion about whether the doors were open or locked, followed by contradicting versions of what they did next. There were still no accounts of them checking on their own kids. What was consistent in their claims was the 10pm timeline.

They started to organise the search. Russell O’Brien and Matthew Oldfield seemed to take control of this. There is no mention of Gerry McCann being there at this time. Nobody had called the police. In fact mobile phone records show that none of them had used their mobile phones from 8.30 that night.

At 10.30, the elderly lady upstairs heard a commotion outside and went out and saw Gerry McCann. She asked what had happened. Gerry replied “a young girl has gone missing” and didn’t ask if she had heard anything. She offered her phone to call the police. Gerry said they had already been called. She went back inside. Gerry did not say...My Daughter has been taken. If he believed Maddie had been abducted, why did he not ask her if she had heard anything?

The police were called at 10.41pm. Matthew Oldfield walked to the resort reception, 5 minutes away to get them to call the police. After the police arrived, mobile phone activity resumed.

The search began. Gerry and Kate McCann didn’t join the search. They stayed in the apartment with Rachel O’Brien. The police requested they did not phone the press at this stage. There was nothing in the phone records to suggest they did until 04.30am. Kate’s call to a long standing friend Jill Renwick in the early hours of 4th May saying ‘we have been searching until 4.30 in the morning and then everybody left us’ She went on to tell Jill that the shutters had been broken open and they had gone into the room and taken her. Jill calls GMTV. Within no time 6.1 million viewers in the UK were going to work spreading the story. Being first with the story is more important than being the first with the facts, it seems. At this stage, the Portuguese Police had not yet had the opportunity to take a single statement.

On the 4th, the McCanns and all members of the Tapas 7 along with other witnesses were called into the police station to give statements. The original statements made by the Tapas 7 told a story of continual checks on the 8 children in the 4 different apartments in the same block. There were 6 doctors amongst them, and all considered the children to be safe and continuously monitored whilst they enjoyed themselves.

None of them had used the free child watch schemeavailable from the tour operators. None of them admitted that their actions were negligent. What was to become a greater concern was the timeline. They all stated that Kate raised the alarm at 10pm. Other independent witnesses contradicted this. The Chef in the Tapas Bar, Arlindo Parleja stated that he was told at 9.20 that a child had gone missing. Another statement declared that at 9.40 the table at which they sat was empty Staff in the Millenium Bar, a 9 minute walk away, were aware of a missing child before 10pm.

The Smith family saw a man carrying a young child in the direction of the beach at 21.55 on the night of the 3rd. They later identified this man to be Gerry McCann when they saw video footage of Gerry carrying one of the twins on his arrival back in the UK.
Jane Tanner, one of the Tapas 7 claims that she saw a man carrying a child away from the apartment at 9.15.

At the same time and in the same place as Gerry states he was speaking to a friend Jez Wilkins. Neither of them said in their statements that they saw her, in spite of this being a very quiet street and all three were supposedly very close to the window that Kate McCann stated had been opened. None of them saw an open window. The McCanns used the British press to spin this version of events which contradicted the Smith’s sighting. Even though it can’t be disproved until this day, independent witnesses state that she never left the Tapas bar. It suggests that this was fabricated to fit the narrative and give Gerry an alibi.

There was the missing tennis bag, deleted messages, the dog evidence, blood matching Maddies found under the tiles, on Kate’s clothes. She claimed that she was a doctor and had been in contact with dead bodies. Yet the clothes she wore when she travelled to Praia da Luz were not contaminated, meaning that other clothes in the suitcase would have been cross contaminated with the odour of those trousers, but were not. How could Madeline’s Cuddle Cat, left behind on the bed smell of cadaverine? The absence of holiday photos is strange. The printing of the photos of Madeline that were given to the police on the morning of the 4th highlights other questions of when and how these were printed. Amy Tierney who was the resort Creche Manager stated she was in the Tapas Bar at 10pm, and along with the whole group, went directly to the apartment, saw the window was open and searched for the child. Neither her nor Russell O’Brien mentioned the printing of 30 photos at the resort reception at midnight that night in their original statements. This information was added later, by which time she was no longer in possession of the printer.

There is so much other damning evidence that I shall not continue to state here because it would take weeks to compile and pages upon pages of difficult reading. In any case, that job has already been brilliantly done by 10pm Praia da Luz

Cravis

Yep her parents did it. Trying to close the case by pinning it on a nobody.

Same thing with Jon Benet Ramsey. Accidental death > cover up to make it look like a murder.

Mccanns parents used over the counter drugs to make her sleep, killed her by accident.

Ramseys brother killed her. In a panic at the thought of losing both children, one to death the other being arrested in the death, the Ramseys covered for him.

Last edited:
13 years later
Surely they could have pinned it on some pedo yonks ago
Some nonsense appears every year. Sightings, stolen by gypsies, abducted by aliens. More donations.

They might actually be able to make this one stick. See, we told you we didn't do it! We told you we'd solve it!

Some nonsense appears every year. Sightings, stolen by gypsies, abducted by aliens. More donations.

They might actually be able to make this one stick. See, we told you we didn't do it! We told you we'd solve it!

Do you think they accidentally gave her too much sedative and she died? It makes the most sense but doesn't explain why the cadaver dogs detected blood

Last edited:
Do you think they accidentally gave her to much sedative and she died? It makes the most sense but doesn't explain why the cadaver dogs detected blood
Seems the most plausible explanation. I don't even really want to think about the blood. If it was them, a body needed to be disposed of, they're both doctors....

nush

Do you think they accidentally gave her too much sedative and she died?

That's what I think. Then the cover up was because they did not want to be struck off as doctors and potentially have their other two kids taken from them. New theories have emerged that they were actually part of a pedophile ring, which is a whole new line of thinking.

That's what I think. Then the cover up was because they did not want to be struck off as doctors and potentially have their other two kids taken from them. New theories have emerged that they were actually part of a pedophile ring, which is a whole new line of thinking.

Yeah I'm watching the video now and that makes sense considering Kate verbalised "her perfect little geni******" at one stage

Super creepy thing to say from a parent, or anyone really

Last edited:

Birdo

Banned
I stand by the theory that she died by accident whilst left home-alone and the parents panicked and burried the body.

Sniffer dogs found her blood in their car and hotel room.

I stand by the theory that she died by accident whilst left home-alone and the parents panicked and burried the body.

Sniffer dogs found her blood in their car and hotel room.

Thing is there were no reports of screaming or crying. If there was blood surely there would be some sort of trauma to the body resulting in a reaction from her

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Her story was how I first went down the rabbit hole of blonde hair, blue eye European kids ending up in the middle of brown villages in the middle east claiming to be the parents of their new trophy child. Yet the kids did not speak a lick of Arabic or the like and looked confused as shit. Kidnapped and sold off over there, and there was nothing they could do.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
Her story was how I first went down the rabbit hole of blonde hair, blue eye European kids ending up in the middle of brown villages in the middle east claiming to be the parents of their new trophy child. Yet the kids did not speak a lick of Arabic or the like and looked confused as shit. Kidnapped and sold off over there, and there was nothing they could do.

This case too

obin_gam

New theories have emerged that they were actually part of a pedophile ring, which is a whole new line of thinking.
Yeah I'm watching the video now and that makes sense considering Kate verbalised "her perfect little geni******" at one stage

Super creepy thing to say from a parent, or anyone really
Creepy and intruiging theory to be sure, but at the same time - why would they bring attention to the disappearance if they themselves had sold her? Wouldnt it be easier to ignore it for the moment and go to the police the next day instead? Or just say to her siblings and their friends she went home to England with a relative because she was sick or something...

Last edited:
Top Bottom