• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madonna's MDNA |OT| Her exquisite oyster display and reductive garnishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
:eek:

I think Music is great. Only song that I don't really like is Runaway Lover.

Outside of a select few songs, everything post-Ray is highly disposable for me. '80s and early '90s Madge is my lifeblood, and part of why I'm enjoying some of this new material is because there are scattered elements that wouldn't be out of place on her classics. I'm still expecting to be disappointed in MDNA, but it's always fun to get swept away (zing!) in her hype wave.

tumblr_m0lwqgwCHt1qhjm0go1_500.gif

Facebook:
GIRL GONE WILD" VIDEO PREMIERE DATE! Last week, VEVO revealed a very exciting teaser of the “Girl Gone Wild” video, the second single of Madonna’s upcoming album MDNA. The video has been directed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot, the same duo responsible for the MDNA cover.

Mark your calendars, because Madonnarama got some new exciting info!

19 March: Girl Gone Wild will be available for pre-order on iTunes 20 March: Premiere of the “Girl Gone Wild” video in the United States, broadcasted exclusively on E! Entertainment 21 March: Release of the “Girl Gone Wild” video on YouTube

Sounds good. In general I'm hard to please when it comes to ballads though, so I think I'd skip this track when playing the album. Same with Masterpiece.

Nemesis_

TITLE CHANGE DONE YOU WHINERS. ;)

Sounds good. In general I'm hard to please when it comes to ballads though, so I think I'd skip this track when playing the album. Same with Masterpiece.

Masterpiece sounds so out of place on the album. It's quite obvious it wasn't written for the album and yet she's tried to shove it in there awkwardly. >_>

Koodo

Banned
I agree with Masterpiece being an EH inclusion. Should've been shoved in as a bonus song, or discarded altogether.

Falling Free, however, sounds flawless.

It can't be worse than Die Another Day. Now that was a totally out of place inclusion.

Really? American life was full of songs that mix orchestral and acoustic instruments with weird beeps and bloops and computerized vocals. Just like Die Another Day does.

Edit: but I guess I see how Die Another Day is more bombastic and aggressive most other songs on the album.

Really? American life was full of songs that mix orchestral and acoustic instruments with weird beeps and bloops and computerized vocals. Just like Die Another Day does.

Edit: but I guess I see how Die Another Day is more bombastic and aggressive most other songs on the album.

I love the song as its own entity but in the context of the album - specifically its track position - it sticks out as you say rather agressively while the rest of the tracks are winding down to a nice mellow close.

Not sold on I Don't Give A, maybe shoulda been a bonus track. We shall see.

It kinda reminds me of I'm So Stupid thematically. One of the few Madonna songs that I find downright annoying.

Might be the best Solveig track so far. Still below the Orbit gifts.

The very beginning of the snippet:

Do you know the reasons why you are a beautiful killer

Sounds very similar to DAD, specifically:

I'm gonna wake up yes and no, I'm gonna kiss some part of

Ah, that I can hear.

Still though, if not pointed out I'd never hear it, considering both tracks are vastly different overall. One is an mellow acoustic song while the other is an aggressive electronic song.

Koodo

Banned
I Fucked Up is great. Are we really getting the best Solveig material as bonus tracks?

I guess this means I have to splurge on the deluxe rather than the standard, ch.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Listening to "I Fucked Up" immediately followed by "Best Friend" is like enjoying a delicious bacon cheeseburger and then having a bucket of raw sewage dumped on your head.

Christ, this album is going to be the most awesome/awful bipolar listening experience.

I'm really not feeling I Fucked Up.

Don't ask me why, but it sounds like a track that would perfectly fit on that abortion of an album the Spice Girls released after Geri had left the group.

It sounds very dated and early-2000-R&B'ish.

I'm really not feeling I Fucked Up.

Don't ask me why, but it sounds like a track that would perfectly fit on that abortion of an album the Spice Girls released after Geri had left the group.

It sounds very dated and early-2000-R&B'ish.

Early 2000's? No way. In any case, it's refreshing in a world of over-produced synths that are currently everywhere in the US, something the rest of the world was doing 6 years ago and Madonna has already done with Music and CoaD.

Best Friend is okay. I'm beginning to warm to I Don't Give A and absolutely adore Beautiful Killer. Gang Bang is still the most interesting of the bunch.

And God Bless Ginger.

royalan

Wow, I really like "I Fucked Up". Nice little mid-tempo there...kinda evokes the late 90s/early 2000s Pop Explosion, but what's wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom