• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MadWorld (Wii) - Leipzig GC Trailer

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I like how it plays the ad THEN tells me I need to upgrade Flash.

What the fuck?

duckroll

Wow, looks like it's going to be a pretty varied action game. The bike stage and the bosses look pretty awesome. :)

The character designer and modeler is Masaki Yamanaka, who was the character and creatures lead designer in RE4 and the lead graphic designer in God Hand. The stage designer Yusuke Kan was the lead art designer on RE4 and the camera/background designer on Okami. :D

The lead planner Eiro Shirahama was the director of Dead Aim and MMX8...

Goldrusher

Cosmonaut X said:
this looks absolutely blinding.

And not in a good way.

I get the hype for the style, the originality, but I can't see myself playing this for a long time. I'll probably have a headache within half an hour. It almost looks like you're playing with wire frames. Depth perception, enemies, objects, all very hard to distinguish.

Just my 2 cents.

Gagaman

Oh yes, very nice. The motorbike section reminded me of this forgotten sega arcade game:

WildRide_front.jpg

CTLance

Hmmm... today, I think I shall be 37 years old. Stupid stinking age restriction thingy.

Looks yummy. Do want etc. Holy shit at the jet engine part.

Also, :lol
2jewps5.png

For some reason this greatly amused me.

Goldrusher said:
And not in a good way.

I get the hype for the style, the originality, but I can't see myself playing this for a long time. I'll probably have a headache within half an hour. It almost looks like you're playing with wire frames. Depth perception, enemies, objects, all very hard to distinguish.

Just my 2 cents.

*shrug*

Fair enough. I don't really see the problem, but I can understand that the extreme B&W approach might make it awkward for some gamers.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Goldrusher said:
And not in a good way.

Just my 2 cents.

Yup, I agree. I'm still waiting for my final judgement though.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Amazing.

Makes me wish I did not give away my Wii :( I shall have to borrow one for when this baby comes out!

Haruspex

Banned
Visually it looks pretty astonishing, but if I'm honest I don't know if I'll be able to stomach all that ultra-violence unless its contextualised and justified somehow. I know its not in that trailer, but the road sign through the head genuinely made me wince.

Eteric Rice

Haruspex said:
Visually it looks pretty astonishing, but if I'm honest I don't know if I'll be able to stomach all that ultra-violence unless its contextualised and justified somehow. I know its not in that trailer, but the road sign through the head genuinely made me wince.

You're in a city where everyone wants to kill you, so you kill them first.

There, justified.

Milhouse31 said:
Looks like Megaman/Final fight on STERO-FUCKING-ID

Glad I'm not the only one who thought of Megaman while watching this. That Herr Von Etc seriously looked like AirMan twin brother or something :lol .
This game's bosses are shaping up to be pretty damn fantastic.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Don't like the music (the genre I mean, although it could be worse).

A bit worried about the gameplay/control mechanics. At this point, the game seems to take its cues from God Hand. God Hand is a funny game, but the controls could be better. Does someone know who's in charge of the gameplay?

Reassured that there seems to be more variety than I thought. The game very much looked like a "murder simulator", as someone jokingly said above, but nothing more. Glad to see there seems to be more to it.

The style is cool, and the effort put in it shows. Kinda worried that such a radical style might turn off a lot of people, not because they'd find it ugly, but because it wouldn't be playable (someone already complained about it here).

We'll see how this pans out. I hope it'll appeal to me, but I also hope that SEGA and Platinum Games don't expect it to sell extremely well, because they're in for a disappointment, if you ask me.

Eteric Rice

Kilrogg said:
Don't like the music (the genre I mean, although it could be worse).

A bit worried about the gameplay/control mechanics. At this point, the game seems to take its cues from God Hand. God Hand is a funny game, but the controls could be better. Does someone know who's in charge of the gameplay?

Reassured that there seems to be more variety than I thought. The game very much looked like a "murder simulator", as someone jokingly said above, but nothing more. Glad to see there seems to be more to it.

The style is cool, and the effort put in it shows. Kinda worried that such a radical style might turn off a lot of people, not because they'd find it ugly, but because it wouldn't be playable (someone already complained about it here).

We'll see how this pans out. I hope it'll appeal to me, but I also hope that SEGA and Platinum Games don't expect it to sell extremely well, because they're in for a disappointment, if you ask me.

Hope it sells well. If not, it may be the end of any kind of hardcore game on the Wii.

duckroll

Kilrogg said:

The director is probably behind the gameplay decisions. Shigenori Nishikawa was one of the game designers on RE4. This is his directorial debut.

Amir0x

Banned
Fuck this game looks so awesome, fuck everything about it is so great. i want to rip bodies apart RIGHT NOW

So it appears Sega is clowning Capcom on the Wii. Interesting turn of events.

edit: And using the dev team Capcom threw out on their ass to help do it. :lol

Top Bottom