• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 2 - Tools of the Trade trailer

StuBurns

Banned
Looks very cool, I'm concerned about open world fatigue this year though. I've played thru GTA4, and both it's kids, RDR and I'll be picking up LA Noire for sure, who knows, maybe Rockstar have something else lined up for this year. Might have to leave it till next year for Mafia 2.

slider

^^Story and mission structure will be crucial (as they always are I guess).

But cool trailer and I'm convinced I'll get this day one.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Pretty cool.

Also they announced a demo coming out in August. Supposedly it'll be the same demo they'll have at E3.

Decado

I hope they implement skin/model damage like in the cut scene where they executed that guy. Too long in coming for open-world games.

sohois

StuBurns said:
Looks very cool, I'm concerned about open world fatigue this year though. I've played thru GTA4, and both it's kids, RDR and I'll be picking up LA Noire for sure, who knows, maybe Rockstar have something else lined up for this year. Might have to leave it till next year for Mafia 2.

The first one was open world in name only really. The missions were often contained and linear more like an action game, though that's not to say the open world didn't add a lot to the game.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
9 posts in 3 hours. Nice to know people are looking forward to this game..

But for real, I hope they don't spoil another mission for E3. We've already seen 3 missions & there will likely only be 15-20 in the game(assuming it's like the first game). But if they do show a new one I'll just have to muster the courage to not watch it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Cat in the Hat said:
Fuckin A that looked amazing. I'm about to reinstall Mafia I'm so excited

I never finished the first game since I got stuck on the damn racing mission... :/

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
At least we know the cut scenes will be killer. Hope there are lots and lots of them, 2+ hours at least!

Dennis

Banned
Kagari said:
Looks great. Probably the only western-developed game I'm looking forward to right now.
Well, OK then. Says more about you than the state of western game development, though.

StuBurns

Banned
sohois said:
The first one was open world in name only really. The missions were often contained and linear more like an action game, though that's not to say the open world didn't add a lot to the game.
That sounds like a very interesting approach, for some reason I imagined Agent to be like that. I never played the original, since there is a demo, I can know for sure if I'm up for it or not. And it's out around my birthday so I can ask my parents for it instead of having to find the cash myself.

Eurocult

gotta give this thread some love

I'm really looking forward to this but I haven't seen that much actual gameplay in action. all the videos I've seen have been cut scenes.

Loxley

So I'm thinking about picking up the first Mafia, since I've grown more and more excited about Mafia II as the trailers have been steadily released.

Quick question though, does the PC version run on Windows 7 (32 bit, if it matters)? Or should I just grab the PS2 version?

Loxley said:
So I'm thinking about picking up the first Mafia, since I've grown more and more excited about Mafia II as the trailers have been steadily released.

Quick question though, does the PC version run on Windows 7 (32 bit, if it matters)? Or should I just grab the PS2 version?
No. Do NOT get a console version. They suck.

Apparently the original Mafia will be coming to Steam . . . probably as a promotion for Mafia 2. So if you can wait a bit, you might be able to pick it up on Steam for a good price.

Kagari said:
Looks great. Probably the only western-developed game I'm looking forward to right now.
It is actually Eastern European (Czech Republic) but I guess that qualifies as 'western'.

Zoso

Loxley said:

DO NOT BUY THE PS2 VERSION. I'm serious, it's a botched port with terrible graphics, load times, and cut features. PC version still holds up very well - I highly recommend checking it out.

I play it on Vista with no problems. Pretty sure it works with Windows 7.

Actually I just started a new game this past weekend in anticipation for the 2nd game : )

Zoso

speculawyer said:
WTF is that? Am I supposed to get a video? I just get flickering numbers and church music. Is this downloading something?
um, it's just the official website. It loads, plays a video, and then you can navigate through the sections.

Top Bottom