• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 announcement imminent? Take-Two registers several domains.

ekim

untitledrok9i.png

http://www.dailychanges.com/take2games.com/2015-06-25/

Hopefully they'll announce at Gamescom, don't care if it's at MS' conference – so long as there is not exclusive bullshit. By that I mean the game isn't exclusive.

Aranath

Hell yes! About time.

Really hoping for a more fleshed out open world this time. There was so much potential in 2, it's actually frustrating.

V_Ben

Banned
For what it's worth, the 2K studio making this (Hangar 13), has the director of Star Wars 1313 on it, and some ex-Telltale folk it seems. The idea of a branching narrative Mafia intrigues me, if that's where this goes.

ekim

For what it's worth, the 2K studio making this (Hangar 13), has the director of Star Wars 1313 on it, and some ex-Telltale folk it seems. The idea of a branching narrative Mafia intrigues me, if that's where this goes.

IIRC there was a rumor that there are 3 playable characters. Not sure if this was debunked.

edit: I thought this was done by 2K San Francisco? Or is Hangar 13 == 2K San Francisco?

jadjei

Did Mafia I release on Steam? I got the second game but I don't want to miss out on the story of the first game :p.

Dilly

Banned
Mafia 2 felt like it had a lot of trouble during development which impacted the final game. Mafia 1 will remain one of my favourite games evern, I hope they can capture that magic again.

PSOreo

Can't say I ever played any of the Mafia games. The perception I got from reviews and impressions was that it was a pretty average yet slightly enjoyable game but nothing special. Kinda of a B-Movie game like Just Cause was. Didn't realise there was a demand for it?

Fractal

Banned
That's good to hear, would be glad to see another one. Enjoyed both Mafia games, only thing I didn't like was a sudden and unsatisfying ending of Mafia 2. It provided no closure, so I hope that's rectified.

Mafia 2 felt like it had a lot of trouble during development which impacted the final game. Mafia 1 will remain one of my favourite games evern, I hope they can capture that magic again.

Yes, the list of cut contents for Mafia 2 made me sad, like extremely sad.

Mafia 1 is gonna stay as one of the best games of all time for me.

Can't freaking wait for this.

Pachimari

Did Mafia I release on Steam? I got the second game but I don't want to miss out on the story of the first game :p.
It did but is no longer available on Steam.

It did have a lot of trouble.
Rockstar North had to come help them out.

Can't say I ever played any of the Mafia games. The perception I got from reviews and impressions was that it was a pretty average yet slightly enjoyable game but nothing special. Kinda of a B-Movie game like Just Cause was. Didn't realise there was a demand for it?
The first one is a classic.

Anteater

can't wait to drive some more

i'm not being sarcastic, i love the driving in mafia 2 for whatever reason even though you do that shit a lot, it's so relaxing

Hip Hop

Mafia 2 was one of my favorite games from last gen, can not wait what they have cooked up.

That cliffhanger.

CloudWolf

Mafia 2 was disappointing for me, but the first game is still one of my favorite games of all time. So I'm at least anxious to see what they'll do with it.

V_Ben

Banned
IIRC there was a rumor that there are 3 playable characters. Not sure if this was debunked.

edit: I thought this was done by 2K San Francisco? Or is Hangar 13 == 2K San Francisco?

I believe they're one and the same. A rebrand.

dex3108

2K Czech is still alive and they have been quiet for a long time. I think that they are still working on Mafia game.

Corpekata

Banned
Wait 2k Czech aren't making this? They haven't put out a game in years. Seems weird they'd be left out of their franchise if they're not seemingly working on anything.

KORNdoggy

i actually enjoyed mafia 2 a whole bunch. i just hope if there is a sequel the world has more of a reason to be open. because it didn't really surve any purpose in the second game, much like LA noire.

prudislav

Wait 2k Czech aren't making this? They haven't put out a game in years. Seems weird they'd be left out of their franchise if they're not seemingly working on anything.
well the main brains behind Mafia 1 quit 2K Czech during Mafia2 development(disagreements about 2K cuts) and founded Warhorse studios

Pachimari

Why would that be weird though? Many of the teams members had huge problems with the game director and the development wasn't smooth at all.

I can imagine it cost Take-Two extra to call in the GTA guys to help them out by the end of development, because they couldn't finish it themselves.

Corpekata

Banned
Why would that be weird though? Many of the teams members had huge problems with the game director and the development wasn't smooth at all.

I can imagine it cost Take-Two extra to call in the GTA guys to help them out by the end of development, because they couldn't finish it themselves.

I meant more because 2k Czech exists and is apparently not doing like, anything. Even their website appears to have not been updated. What exactly have they been doing that hasn't gotten them shuttered yet if they're not working on Mafia 3?

There were debates about who were doing it in the last couple of threads and it sounded like what it is left of 2K Czech might be doing it - they worked on it previously so it would make sense

Didn't their financial report suggest that they'll have a major new game out before the end of March? Seems like a quick turnaround if they're going to announce it later this year; of which I approve.

There were debates about who were doing it in the last couple of threads and it sounded like what it is left of 2K Czech might be doing it - they worked on it previously so it would make sense

I was of the understanding that their new studio in 'The Bay' (presumably San Francisco?) was developing it. They were briefly helmed by Rod Fergusson before he went back to work on Gears.

Top Bottom