• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia [Werewolf] - Have you joined the lynch mob? Sign-up to play!

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Ourobolus

Banned
oh gosh, it'll probably be open at least a week, and I won't be opening the recruitment thread up until i've done some preliminary stuff. you have a tonne of time don't worry, it'd be madness to start straight away anyway or everyone will get burnt out.
I would say to at least get the recruitment started. We can wait a few weeks while we take a breather and collect more players.

I'm also for randomization of the games. If players want to trade, maybe have a few-days window to do so after people have been assigned and before they receive their roles.

EDIT:
Also, RNH - you were like a minute away from changing your vote, weren't you

I would say to at least get the recruitment started. We can wait a few weeks while we take a breather and collect more players.

I'm also for randomization of the games. If players want to trade, maybe have a few-days window to do so after people have been assigned and before they receive their roles.

EDIT:
Also, RNH - you were like a minute away from changing your vote, weren't you

I admit, he did make me doubt myself a few times, but there was no way I was voting for Tom. If he had been town, I was going scorched earth on that motherfucker for fucking it up so badly with his ludicrous fake roleclaim

Darryl

Banned
Yea I wanna see the receipts! (Reward ceremony).

Also I'm all for a break before the next round starts. Words cannot express how stressful this is. I'm going to work on 2 hrs of sleep today. I loved every bit of it. And people (razmos) need to forget a lot of things.

And I feel like I had almost cracked you RNH. Almost. Maybe a couple more fuck yous would've had it.

I just realised that with his character, this is basically how I felt towards Darryl at the end

ertGV5p.gif

RetroMG

I'm looking forward to the Retro eviction, I imagine you all lost your minds at that point

It's a fun mix of "Retro's a genius!" and "Retro's an idiot!" It was the biggest simultaneous ego boost and crush at the same time.

My wife also told me that I was apparently dreaming about Mafia last night. I guess I was yelling at Toma and RNH in my sleep to not change their votes.

nin1000

Banned
Those lines from the dead thread made my whole week at that time :D

kingkitty nin1000 why
LaunchpadMcQ WHAT IS HE DOING
Ourobolus Nin voting for himself. Fucking LOL
kingkitty why nin ,why
kingkitty whywhywhywhywhy why y y
Ourobolus This is fucking hilarious
LaunchpadMcQ RAZMOS LMFAO
kingkitty could this really work ,is this really happening ,has nin1000 saved himself?? what the fuuuuuuck
LaunchpadMcQ dude they're making up for those dull hours with pure shenanigans, I'm dying

I love this game :D

Kalor

Both themes sound good to me so I'm looking forward to see what one I end up in. I don't know if you should let people swap as that could potentially get very messy depending on how many people decide to swap.

RetroMG

Both themes sound good to me so I'm looking forward to see what one I end up in.

That's kind of how I feel. Both gamerunners will be awesome, both themes are awesome. The only plus that Archer has is that I already have an Archer Alton Brown avatar.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just want to point out that if Launch's game sucks, it's totally all on him. My comments are flawless.

Ultimate Mafia Planner

Zatoth

I'll play another round. But I'd have no problem to make room for another player, if needed.

Season 4 I want to run a game with Terrabyte20xx.

Swamped

Banned
Archer theme and Danganronpa theme? This is like choosing between ice cream or chocolate. I for one willingly accept being randomly assigned a game.

Kevyt

Yu-Gi-Oh mafia lets gooo!!!

Anyone? *Crickets*

Actually, I'll pitch in the idea to Karkador and Crab as far as roles and abilities and see what they think. I have some rough idea;

Just like in Yu-Gi-Oh, some players will have special abilities tied to them via their millennium puzzle items or the card(s) they posses.

Players will also either have one of the three: a monster cards, a magic or a trap cards. I guess this would be like a secondary ability.

For example, I'm a player who has the following magic (spell) card:

56887.jpg

Magical hats allows me to shield me or some other player in the field from eviction. If I am to get evicted by Mafia, my magic card activates and I am placed randomly in one of the hats - 1, 2, 3, 4

Mafia will have to choose a number in their eviction, and they have to guess the correct number or otherwise they have wasted their eviction opportunity for that turn (night) and I live another turn.

Just like in Yu-Gi-Oh.

I don't know, magical, trap and monster cards in a Mafia game asise from the abilities and roles would add a crazy ton of craziness, just like in Yu-gi-oh. :p

RetroMG

Haha, I love both Ouro and Launch's new Avatars!

Launch, who was your old avatar? She looked like she was from Archer, but I couldn't place her.

EDIT: Went ahead and swtiched to Archer-Alton. If I go into Danganronpa I'll figure out something else. I guess I could do the Ultimate Chef to keep the theme running, but I remember really disliking him.

All I hope is that someone eventually makes a Fallout game. I'd be so down.

*cough*

I remember someone already called dibs on it, so I shelved it and started planning my Roller Coaster Tycoon theme instead... :eek: I had a Villagers vs. Raiders game of California Role Madness planned, with Crimson Caravan, Gun Runners, Slavers and Children of Atom missionaries mixed in (only 4 of my planned suite of fully unique custom Roles), with the game's gimmick being "Economy".

If no one does Fallout later, I'll gladly salvage it :eek:

Ourobolus

Banned
*cough*

I remember someone already called dibs on it, so I shelved it and started planning my Roller Coaster Tycoon theme instead... :eek: I had a Villagers vs. Raiders game of California Role Madness planned, with Crimson Caravan, Gun Runners, Slavers and Children of Atom missionaries mixed in (only 4 of my planned suite of fully unique custom Roles), with the game's gimmick being "Economy".

If no one does Fallout later, I'll gladly salvage it :eek:
Yeah, I knew someone had mentioned it. Couldn't remember who.

I definitely have preference for Danganronpa, but in the end I want to play mafia, so if the lists shift too much towards that way I can swap.

But is preference even being taken into consideration or is it just a random placement (barring situations like Traube "knowing too much")

Ourobolus

Banned
I definitely have preference for Danganronpa, but in the end I want to play mafia, so if the lists shift too much towards that way I can swap.

But is preference even being taken into consideration or is it just a random placement (barring situations like Traube "knowing too much")

I think randomization is still the way to go here. Maybe have like a three-day period where people can trade before roles are handed out.

First off we need to recruit more people by putting this thread back in off-topic main.

EDIT: yes, with exceptions like traube in my game.

Woah, completely forgot about all this due to personal life craziness. Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do!

In for the next round too, if there's still room.

Palmer_v1

No rush. I assume Crab needs a little time to redo the OP and make updates. Give MattyG and Karkador time to QA everything as well.

Top Bottom