• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT11| Amonkhet - Have you ever had decks with a Pharaoh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Dang

I've been thinking more about the new Un-Set. What do you think the odds are that they will print cards that are or reference content creators? Either the individuals, such as The Professor, or the channel, like Tolarian Community Collage. This can include pros that also make content like LSV.

I really have a morbid curiosity about how it's going to turn out...the set symbol only increased my apprehension.

Santiako

I've been thinking more about the new Un-Set. What do you think the odds are that they will print cards that are or reference content creators? Either the individuals, such as The Professor, or the channel, like Tolarian Community Collage. This can include pros that also make content like LSV.

I really have a morbid curiosity about how it's going to turn out...the set symbol only increased my apprehension.

What's the set symbol? I haven't seen it.

A_Dang

What's the set symbol?

2rkz6c4yj04z.png

At least according to Reddit.

It's going be be NUTS!!!!! /s

ChazAshley

Would be cool and good nod towards those people, but I wonder if they would be considered vanity cards. I think the closest they could get would be something about youtube creators - creature card or something like that.

Wichu

Here's a (spoilered) list of the Ixalan mythics for people who care:
[life exchange enchantment]
Wakening Sun's Avatar (dino board wipe on a stick)
Jace
Overflowing Insight (target player draws seven cards)
[reanimate Fact or Fiction]
? Fleet Ravager (the orc that makes everyone lose 1/3 of their life)
Rowdy Crew (etb draw 3, discard 2 at random, then get 2 +1/+1 counters if they share a type)
Star of Extinction (destroy target land, deal 20 damage to each creature and planeswalker)
Carnage Tyrant (uncounterable hexproof trample guy)
Admiral Beckett Brass (Grixis legendary pirate)
Gisharth, Sun's Avatar (legendary dinosaur)
R/W planeswalker
W/B legendary Vampire
Tishana, Voice of Thunder (G/U legendary merfolk)
Vraska

Also more stuff I've been able to read off postage stamp-sized cards:
Spell Swindle ?UU (3UU? 4UU?)
Instant
Counter target spell. Create X colorless Treasure artifact tokens, where X is that spell's converted mana cost. They have "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."

? 1RR?
Instant
~ deals 4? damage to target creature or player.
Raid - 3RR?: Return ~ from your graveyard to your hand. Activate this ability only if you attacked with a creature this turn.

? 2B?
Sorcery
Reveal the top three cards of your library. For each of those cards, put that card into your hand unless any opponent pays ? life. Then exile the rest.

? ?R
Creature - Dinosaur
Trample?
Players can't gain life.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, ~ deals ? damage to that creature's controller.
?/?

Spell Swindle seems really powerful to resolve. I hope its mana cost isn't too high.

bigkrev

Absolutely not. I'd be OK with a Maro card (We had a Richard Garfield card last set), but that's about the furthest I'd be willing to go wrt adding real people.

Ixalan set symbols are also out, confirming the leak if you were still doubting.

Yes, that seems to confirm it. Unfortunately, that means we're indeed likely going to have the rares and mythics fully spoiled soon. Really, really bad.

Absolutely not. I'd be OK with a Maro card (We had a Richard Garfield card last set), but that's about the furthest I'd be willing to go wrt adding real people.

I mean, Unhinged had now former art director Jeremy Cranford as Fascist Art Director and featured Rebecca Guay in art by Rebecca Guay with text mentioning Rebecca Guay on Persecute Artist so there at least is some level of precedent for this kind of thing.

A_Dang

I'm not saying I want real people added to the game, I'm just wondering if these content creators could be referenced in cards or as cards. The other un-sets had tons of real world references. Just from looking over them for a few minutes I came across Clam-I-Am (Dr. Suess), Elvish Impersonator (Elvis), Deadhead (Grateful Dead)...and those are just obvious references that I saw in a quick viewing...they also have a ton of "bathroom humor" as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom