• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
I slow play sometimes when I'm playing against a combo deck that has to do all of there bullshit to win. Won't concede, making them hit all of their triggers and don't play with a tempo, hoping they step away after I pass and get caught wasting time.

Fuck MTGO combo players, hope they get timed out.

This is a absolutely ridiculously poor attitude to have.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I slow play sometimes when I'm playing against a combo deck that has to do all of there bullshit to win. Won't concede, making them hit all of their triggers and don't play with a tempo, hoping they step away after I pass and get caught wasting time.

Fuck MTGO combo players, hope they get timed out.

I bet you're a blast at board game night.

Santiako

They had the time up yesterday on the stream:

KBONc1F.jpg

bigkrev

Lol
Foreign Chanchelor of Annex revealed at the start of game, a judge uses a cellphone for the translation. Then a casual T1 Cavern, Mother, "choose not to pay@

noquarter

Eh, it is really the only time I get upset at the game. Think it is that too many of them get the attitude that once they get the combo everyone should concede and I want them to show me they won't fuck it up.

Used to be fine with it until three or four people in a week asked me to concede as soon as they play the first card of the combo. Nope, show me you got it and know how it works.
He's that guy who inforces the pile shuffle rule while at an fmn.
Actually the opposite of this and usually concede at FNM or help out my opponent. Just bugs me when online someone plays one card and says "GG?". No, show me.

Daedardus

Is Maro going to be there to shout randomly

And probably flail his arms around everytime he shouts. It keeps surprising me how weird his voice is, it's one of the highest pitched male voices I've ever heard in my life.

What's the pile shuffle rule? I also don't get what's so wrong with pile shuffling the first time. You do it randomly and make uneven heaps, and then mash shuffle them randomly back together and then do a couple of mash shuffles after it.

ironmang

Buddy of mine 9-2 in the GP with my D&T copy. Not sure how live he is for top 8 since he picked up a loss almost immediately yesterday but that'd be pretty sick if he got there.

What's the pile shuffle rule? I also don't get what's so wrong with pile shuffling the first time. You do it randomly and make uneven heaps, and then mash shuffle them randomly back together and then do a couple of mash shuffles after it.

You're only supposed to do it once per individual game with the purpose mainly being to count your deck. I have actually called a couple opponents out on it at my LGS if they do it while we're running low on time. Hate picking up draws even when stakes are like 5 packs lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just opened a treasure chest from a league and got an Invocation Aggravated Assault.

It was worth 0.04 tickets.

I can see why they discontinued this shit.

Dudes like that are the worst.

I had a guy try and pull that on me at an FNM during BFZ, because I was "pile shuffling in a pattern". Nevermind that I was going like this

1 9 3 7 5
10 2 8 4 6

Followed by me scooping them up top to bottom left to right, then mash shuffling 4-5 times. I think he was just salty that my $70 Mono White Humans was beating his $600 4C Ramp because of the value of Consistency (12 One Drops, 12 2 Drops, 8 Three Drops, 4 4 Drops, and 3 flex spots).

noquarter

Dudes like that are the worst.

I had a guy try and pull that on me at an FNM during BFZ, because I was "pile shuffling in a pattern". Nevermind that I was going like this

1 9 3 7 5
10 2 8 4 6

Followed by me scooping them up top to bottom left to right, then mash shuffling 4-5 times. I think he was just salty that my $70 Mono White Humans was beating his $600 4C Ramp because of the value of Consistency (12 One Drops, 12 2 Drops, 8 Three Drops, 4 4 Drops, and 3 flex spots).
At the Baltimore Modern Classic the guy next to me called a judge saying that on of the other players sleeves was backwards, so he was marking the deck. The other player ended up telling the judge that the guy that originally called the judge was looking at the bottom of his deck to get information. They got into a five minute argument where the judges asked the players in either side for their story and ruled it nothing.

As soon as each player drew their seven cards, the guy called for a judge again. My match was over before they even started playing. And this was in round 9 at the middle of the field, miracle needed to get prize section.

Ashodin

mmm new thread smell

Also Title sucks

Also Ixalan lol lol lol

Also the RW planeswalker is totally going to Ravnica. She's Boros through and through.

ironmang

Buddy playing Reid Duke. Worst matchup of the common decks (D&T vs Elves) but we have a pretty decent board set up. Might be a backup match.

edit: he got rekt lol. top 8 dream dead :(

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Can we skip Hour of Devastation and just go straight to Ixalan? I haven't been this excited for a set since Khans.

Tunoku

Back to OT, I'm scared.

Temur Luxa was OK today, I got smashed by an aggro deck and Marvel. I hoped people wouldn't play Marvel today, but nah. The Aether Hub thirst is too big.

Firemind

Basically, you play 5c and every removal spell in your pool when given the opportunity because the fixing is so good.

I see people play way too many signets and cluestones though lol

Santiako

Basically, you play 5c and every removal spell in your pool when given the opportunity because the fixing is so good.

I see people play way too many signets and cluestones though lol

I played an esper deck for a 4-0 and a box of boosters at the GP. It was awesome.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Eh, it is really the only time I get upset at the game. Think it is that too many of them get the attitude that once they get the combo everyone should concede and I want them to show me they won't fuck it up.

Used to be fine with it until three or four people in a week asked me to concede as soon as they play the first card of the combo. Nope, show me you got it and know how it works.

Actually the opposite of this and usually concede at FNM or help out my opponent. Just bugs me when online someone plays one card and says "GG?". No, show me.

Yeah I don't know what the fuck other people are on about. I made the final four of a legacy tournament off a player who thought I should scoop when he started his high tide combo but when I refused, he tried to go through it he ended up fucking it up. If you are going to be a lame combo slut you better be able to show me you know how to pull it off. Because that's the only time a combo deck requires even a modicum of skill.

OnPoint

I'm excited to see just how quickly Bolas takes these clowns out. I hope it's an all-at-once situation where they all fall to their knees in pain.

As for combo, you definitely have to show me before I scoop.

That and she likely wants to be part of something cool. Her armor is reminiscent of Boros plate.

All this based on a picture? I mean you may end up being right, people get guesses correct some of the time, but I'd like to put it on record that you're literally making things up based on an image lol

Imagine if Fatal Push were set as a rare instead of uncommon.

Wowzers

Could it be put into future Core Sets despite it having Revolt (a set specific mechanic)? It needs reprinted as much as it can...

FNM is supposed to be friendly, so they are implying that I am an asshole that tries to take the fun out of everything and only care about winning.
yeah but there's still a promo on the line and I'm not gonna take a draw because someone counted their deck a bunch.
I told someone today that rearranging his lands is either pointless or not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom