• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Ixalan - Port to Sideboard

I'm sure someone out there misses Landhome. Though I think Gorrila Pack might be the only creature that had a non-Island Landhome ability?

EDIT: Technically, Bog Serpent has Swamphome.

Well I went and did it. I cashed out my money cards from MTGO. With this cash I may as well build a new computer.

Arena here I come!

Now to liquidate some of my paper cards. I think that I will keep Modern Jund and some Commander decks though.

Congratulations, now you can enjoy watching arena rip apart MTGO with the rest of us!

I was thinking more control based, but how are the creature based working out for you?

Really well, the idea is basically Sultai Energy without green so you can play hand disruption over blossoming defense and better removal than fatal push. Deck gets assblasted by tokens, though.

Hostage Taker was my early standout for building a deck around and it looks like I was far from the only one. Stealing things is my favorite thing in magic.

I mean, stealing things is nice. Getting to banish things until you can pay for them on layaway is just way, way better.

Like if you offer me a W/U Ixalan's Binding that costs more but lets me play the card for as long as it remains exiled, I'm interested. If you just offer me a standard up-front "steal target creature" I'm less likely to be on board.

red13th

Somebody posted the art for Gift of Orzhova on reddit by Johannes Voss and I love it.

mtg__gift_of_orzhova_by_algenpfleger-d5sj6ir.jpg

I opened a foil one from my MM15 box and gave it to my sister-in-law, it's gorgeous. She likes using Magic cards as bookmarks.

I checked his gallery and man he does great art. These two specially are something else:

Here is his gallery.

y2dvd

Somebody posted the art for Gift of Orzhova on reddit by Johannes Voss and I love it.

I opened a foil one from my MM15 box and gave it to my sister-in-law, it's gorgeous. She likes using Magic cards as bookmarks.

I checked his gallery and man he does great art. These two specially are something else:

Here is his gallery.

Absolutely gorgeous art. I wish I had an ounce of this talent.

I notice the decks on the cfb event had way more variety this time around. There were Temur, UW Approach, and Esper Tokens that I at least heard about.

Akim

Banned
Watching draft games is pretty boring for me, and I'm not super into modern (because I don't want to pay to play it). Wish there was some standard going on.

edit: got my wish

not at all, Tasigur is a legendary rare as such it's more justified to be pushed powerwise. Gurmag Angler is a common which since NWO are not expected to set the world on fire across all constructed formats.

not at all, Tasigur is a legendary rare as such it's more justified to be pushed powerwise. Gurmag Angler is a common which since NWO are not expected to set the world on fire across all constructed formats.

NWO had no influence on the constructed playability of commons. But I get what you mean, it is strange that a common delve creature turned out to be so powerful in Eternal.

NWO had no influence on the constructed playability of commons. But I get what you mean, it is strange that a common delve creature turned out to be so powerful in Eternal.
what I mean by that is that we'll never see lightning bolt at common again. Commons these days rarely if at all make it into modern and when they do it's for weird decks like dredge.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
what I mean by that is that we'll never see lightning bolt at common again. Commons these days rarely if at all make it into modern and when they do it's for weird decks like dredge.
NWO has nothing to do with bolt. Gurmag Angler is perfectly within NWO. Also unlike bolt, Angler wasn't a problem in draft

NWO has nothing to do with bolt. Gurmag Angler is perfectly within NWO. Also unlike bolt, Angler wasn't a problem in draft
I was using NWO as a timestamp not the concept behind it, I apologize for being unclear.
I wasn't commenting about limited at all, I played Khans limited exactly twice. DTK prerelease and a single Khans block draft, where I drafted jund.

Neat to see Sunbird's Invocation in that deck. Though I am a bit confused how it defends itself the first few turns, with just five cards at two mana or less.

The Temur Aggro deck is nice too, but that's just because I like Greenbelt Rampager.

An LGS is hosting a "Broken Magic" tournament, where you can play 4 of any card you own. There is still a minimum deck size of 60.

Silver bordered cards are legal. Ante cards can be in your deck, but since the games are not for ante, they have to be removed from your deck before playing (thus allowing you to get around the 60 card limit).

Proxy cards are not allowed.

This sounds really stupid and really fun, and I wish I had a collection good enough to make a go of it.

Anyone have cool ideas for broken decks that don't involve stupid-expensive cards? I would love to get a Cheaty Face into play and play some Mental Magic with a Richard Garfield PhD out (not that I'd ever get a chance to cast Richard Garfield, but it's a nice thought :p)

They look quite bad and no Lord of Atlantis with new border is pretty annoying.
You gotta be kidding me, 2 merfolk themed products this fall and still no modern framed lord of atlantis, which you can't put into rivals either.

I suppose there's a chance for a reprint in either dominaria or core 2019 but when was the last time we got landfall in standard?

bigkrev

Master of the Pearl Trident "needed" a reprint more than Lord of Atlantis (it's more expensive, was only in 1 set vs the 8 sets Lord has been in), but man, they missed ANOTHER chance to reprint Cursecatcher. At this point, I have no idea when they are going to get around to it.

Santiako

Master of the Pearl Trident "needed" a reprint more than Lord of Atlantis (it's more expensive, was only in 1 set vs the 8 sets Lord has been in), but man, they missed ANOTHER chance to reprint Cursecatcher. At this point, I have no idea when they are going to get around to it.

Cursecatcher could easily (and hopefully) be in Rivals.

You gotta be kidding me, 2 merfolk themed products this fall and still no modern framed lord of atlantis, which you can't put into rivals either.

I suppose there's a chance for a reprint in either dominaria or core 2019 but when was the last time we got landfall in standard?

It's not going to be on standard, they don't do the lord for everyone anymore :( Hopefully in Masters 25.

Considering spirits got mausoleum wanderer theres a possibility they put it in rivals.

Pearl Trident reprint would make merfolk cheaper but a lord of Atlantis reprint would be way more appreciated by existing fish players.
It's not going to be on standard, they don't do the lord for everyone anymore :( Hopefully in Masters 25.
Oh right I keep forgetting that Lord is symmetrical. The fish mirror can be so dumb, for awhile there were 3 fish players at my LGS.

The pilot posted on reddit that Koppala was useless and that he wanted more creature interaction in retrospective.
Kumena's Speaker can be a better turn 1 than vial now.
This aggro version makes it much more viable to side out all the vials.

Top Bottom