• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Maguire Interview: Give me part of Sony and I'll think about SM4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattergen

While Maguire's co-star Kirsten Dunst has emphatically stated that she won't do a fourth Spider-Man, Maguire is a tad more circumspect on the subject. "I don't know that I would make a statement like that, but I don't anticipate doing a fourth movie. I think that three is probably enough for me, but you never know. If they sent me a script that was better than any other script I've ever read and offered me a piece of Sony Corporation, maybe I'd change my mind", Maguire says laughingly." Never say never, you know? Sony is a big company."

Haha. The rest of the interview is pretty lame, talking mostly about his back problems and stuff. Check it out here if you want.
Dark Horizons

If Spiderman 2 & 3 are as huge as the first one, do you think Sony will stop there? Theres tons of subject matter to work with and if Maguire is willing to come on board I don't think Sony would hesitate in replacing Dunst. I wonder how Raimi feels about it. More Spiderman I say!

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yeah, I read that today. Raimi is apparently contracted for one more and I doubt he'll do anything beyond that. He's stated he really wants to finish this story arc about Harry and Peter, where Harry resents Spider-Man and his conflicting relationship with Peter, but that's about it. My guess is that after Spider-Man 3 we'll see an entirely different cast, director and crew. I'm not sure if I'll be all that interested at that point.

I say let Raimi wrap up his trilogy and let Spider-Man take a breather for a decade or so. I'd hate to see it spiral out of control like Batman did or - hell! - even the Superman franchise.

The only thing is that fans who want Venom and Carnage and The Chameleon and Kraven and such are far more likely to see those post-Raimi Era of Spidey. From what I've heard, if you want Venom for film three, don't hold your breath.

aparisi2274

I think that if Marvel was smart, they would not allow Sony to make anymore after 3. With a movie like this, once the cast changes, its gonna somewhat hurt the series, and plus, if the director leaves, and the writers they get suck, the series can go to shit. So I agree with Dunst and Tobey. LEt them do #3 and then let the series go into hiding for a few years. Come up with some sick ideas.

The only story arc, I want to see is:

Harry Osbourne finds out Peter is Spiderman, He goes insane, and becomes the new goblin.

That would be great.

GG-Duo

even though I think that's what's gonna happen... Matlock, that spoiler was completely unnecessary.

Fuck :(

So premature to talk about a fourth movie while the second isn't even in theaters yet. I'm sure we can all think of a dozen franchises that took a downturn in followup installments.

Willco

Hollywood Square
JoshuaJSlone said:
So premature to talk about a fourth movie while the second isn't even in theaters yet. I'm sure we can all think of a dozen franchises that took a downturn in followup installments.

Yeah, but by all indications, Spider-Man 2 looks to be fan-fuckin'-tastic. Sam Raimi directing, Michael Chabon writing, Danny Elfman scoring (hush you critical bastards!) and the original Spidey returns to don his tights once again!

Oh and in case people didn't already know, Spider-Man 3 has a tentative release date of May 2007. Raimi wants to do a smaller film in between Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3. Hopefully, God-willing, Evil Dead 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom