• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majesco New Platformer - Flip's Twisted World - (Wii) [Developer Seemingly Closed]

Ranger X

I will look closely on this one. I hope it will run smooth (close to Galaxy) and I have doubt about the camera looking at the lastest videos but all in all, it could end up great I guess.

Milabrega

Smart Delay, avoids MG2 and gives them another E3 to attempt to raise product awareness. Hope it also gets an extra coat of polish and isn't just a shelf till release delay. Here's hoping the final product is actually good as well.

@Hero - Thanks I will update the OP!

Shiggy said:
It was supposed to be out in January, it's great that Majesco gave them the opportunity to work on it a few months longer.

Hopefully this is the case rather than an indictment on the small team responsible to finish the game. Not to be exceedingly negative, just that the game itself seems rather ambitious for what appears to be a handful of developers working on it.

New screens!

s1ntch.jpg
11qtsw2.jpg

10o3dso.jpg
29mqexk.jpg

28ichs2.jpg
24yx15k.jpg

35a0svp.jpg
2z8vlz9.jpg

Yagharek

Character design looks odd. Game design looks intriguing. Will definitely give this a go though, sounds like a lot of thought has gone into it.

Dascu said:
Looks better than Epic Mickey, to be honest.

Not hard to do.

But Spector did say during that conference that "we'd be surprised how close the final game is to the art" or something.

Also:

28ichs2.jpg

Anyone else get a Nuts & Bolts vibe from this shot?

Edit: Maybe due to this:

k9jgjk.jpg

They should merge with Shin'en. Their tech's not as good, and their character design is even worse, but the levels have more imagination from the look of things.

Cow Mengde said:
They should merge with Shin'en. Their tech's not as good, and their character design is even worse, but the levels have more imagination from the look of things.

I was just thinking that the game looks like something Shin'en would make.

But is the character design

2mi5irt.jpg

Really worse than this?

screen05.jpg

Hero of Legend said:
But is the character design

2mi5irt.jpg

Really worse than this?

screen05.jpg

I guess it just depends on which side of the bed you wake up on. They both suck at character design, ok? Rare sucked at it too, and their old games were glorious.

Edit - Fuck, you know what, I do think Flip is the uglier character.

Cow Mengde said:
I guess it just depends on which side of the bed you wake up on. They both suck at character design, ok? Rare sucked at it too, and their old games were glorious.

Yeah, nothing wrong with one liking one design and another liking the other (well, less shitty) design. :p

Personally I loved Rare's designs in the DK and the original Banjo series, their human designs; not so much.

Vizion28

Banned
I'm really interested in the game. It's about time more platformers are being made.

I'm curious to know what else the developers have worked on.

I've found some other shots that were actually released way back in September 15th, 2009:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/sets/72157622254137443/

3923702874_998a53b998_o.jpg

3923703424_0768e607d1_o.jpg

These two shots were on Nintendo's website as well, so I think the other shots from there were very likely from back then as well, just not shown anywhere else.

So the game potentially looks even better now! :O

Unless that dev video was from pretty recently, maybe December, still that's four months ago!

Also, I found an article about Frozen North showing the game last month at a school:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/89347057_Kids_get_sneak_peek_at_video_game.html

It includes an off-screenshot, very strangely, when you go to the page with the higher-res shot, and right-click it, it says it's protected by copyright law. o_O

So go to the link to check it out, I don't want to rehost it or anything just in case (even though this is fucking ridiculous).

http://northjersey.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=28672507

Plus I found some concept art:

http://www.dancoxart.com/#2d_environments

The labels are at the bottom of each image. ;)

Lijik

Kyleripman said:
Is anyone else still planning on getting this? I have it preordered on Amazon and I think it comes out tomorrow.

I do, but not day one. If reviews are decent I'll probably pick it up next week, otherwise I'll wait for a b1g1 deal or for its used price to drop to the 10-20 dollar range.

OnPoint

I totally forgot about this one. Shame I just started playing Galaxy 2... I just can't excuse picking it up right now.

Davey Cakes

Better a stealth delay than a stealth release.

If this game is ANY good at all, it needs a bit more press.

We must give as much attention as possible to the 3D platforming genre, unless we want to see it slip away.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Shiggy said:
So nobody's reporting about this title and nobody is interested in it? :/
I'm interested. Still slated for a 10/20 release here in the US?
But before I bite, I'd like some kind of indication how this turned out.

Boerseun

Banned
Keeping an eye on this one. Love the art design, especially the main character. Always room for more classy 3D platformers.

Top Bottom