• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom for $5 (360)

great price for a fun game, I never finished as I moved on to a different game and couldn't find the desire to come back and complete it(the reason why I have a huge backlog), but definitely worth it at this price.

mjc

I bought it for $10 and it was well worth it at that price. It has some issues but overall its a fun game.

shawnlreed

I really did love this game.
Platinumed it last year.
The Majin's voice is dumb, but other than that it's well worth the money.
At $5 it's a must buy.

sublimit

Banned
Is the game enjoyable if you mute the VA?I really couldn't stand it in the demo,but otherwise i thought the game had potential.

Passed this up or been late to the deal like 4-5 times. Got it this time. Seems like a good weekend game when you don't feel like playing the other 7 games you have started, like Enslaved.

DJ_Lae

Loved the game. Story and voices are mediocre at best but the puzzles and progression are a lot of fun.

Also the costumes/armor you find for the human guy to make him look progressively more idiotic.

Tizoc

The game isn't all that bad, it's an adventure type game with simple combat and it has it's fun moments.
Altho I never could figure out how to beat some enemies >_>;

great price for a fun game, I never finished as I moved on to a different game and couldn't find the desire to come back and complete it(the reason why I have a huge backlog), but definitely worth it at this price.

Bought it, tried it, put it on my backlog, it's been there for a looong time. Alongside Enslaved.

Passed this up or been late to the deal like 4-5 times. Got it this time. Seems like a good weekend game when you don't feel like playing the other 7 games you have started, like Enslaved.

Bought it last year for $5.XX and it still sits awaiting for play.
I'm getting that it's a great game and I am also getting a lot of this. Funny that when I played the demo years ago, I thought to myself that this is a game that will lose it's interest quickly but is good enough that you still care to finish it eventually. But once something better comes along, it's easily forgotten, maybe even for years.

In other words, this game looks like the stuff backlogs are made of.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's a reasonably entertaining game and worth that price. I paid £8 for it and felt like I got my money's worth, it had some decent puzzles and the Majin is quite well used, although the voice acting was horrendous.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Still waiting for $4.99

It was $4.83 in Feb

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Majin-Forsaken-Kingdom-Xbox-360/product/B003BE6OZC

tDIF1.jpg

Jay Sosa

Imho the single most underrated game this gen (I've played). Unfortunately the demo did the game no favors cause it doesn't show you the great and beautiful landscapes after you escape the first dungeon.

Boerseun

Banned
I received the Ps3 version as a birthday present a couple of years ago. Graphically it could easily have been done on Wii. And, ironically, it plays like a Zelda game where all the storytelling, dramatic motivation, fun characters and interesting settings were taken out. I still love it, though!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Unfortunately the demo did the game no favors cause it doesn't show you the great and beautiful landscapes after you escape the first dungeon.

So true! They demo the worst area of the game. After that it really opens up and there's a pretty big world to explore. I was surprised at the size and scope.
I had a lot of fun with this game. It's a must buy for ICO-fans. Especially at that price!

yeah i finished the demo and got a pretty good vibe from it so i bought it back then...

Of course i haven't played it yet but that's not a knock against this game as i haven't played games like Vanquish, Super Mario Galaxy 2, or Uncharted 3 yet either so..

Jay Sosa

So true! They demo the worst area of the game. After that the game really opens up and there's a pretty big world to explore. I was surprised at the size and the scope of the game.

Yup.

I actually found my post from a couple of months back:

Majin: The Forsaken Kingdom

Sorry for the bump but I just finished that game and basically want more people to know how amazing it is. I'm blown away (and a little sad) that I barely see it mentioned..at all. Hell there's not even an official thread for what I feel is one of the best games this gen!

majin-and-the-forsaken-kingdom-20100303023030011_640w.jpg

It just plays and feels like a (old school) Nintendo game (which is a big compliment, a very big compliment) looks nice, has the perfect length, you have no problem finding all upgrades and collectibles, has some decent puzzles, the fighting is lots of fun and well it's one of those few games that imho is just perfect. There is of course a demo on Live, but imho it's not really a good representation cause it takes place completely indoors while the game has some amazing outdoor locations.

Jhoan

Same here. It's criminally underrated though. The VA isn't even as atrocious as most people/reviwers make it out to be. I really enjoyed it. If people like Zelda style games, then fans will no doubt like this game too. It's pretty charming.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I loved this game.

I bought this shit at launch and really enjoyed it.

Tons of great puzzles, combat is decent too.

Yuterald

I thoroughly enjoyed myself with Majin. It's a lost title from the PS2-era and I love it because of that. It's just a cool little game with fun/interesting ideas/mechanics. I still miss Game Republic! This game and Folklore (especially) will be remembered. =(

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Good Game

I enjoyed it

Platinum or 1000/1000GS is doable

RNkKU.png

I paid $10 for it on Amazon brand new when there was a PS3 sale for it

Well worth it for $5

Your kids might enjoy watching you play
The Majin is so damn adorable!

Pikma

Banned
This game is so damn lovely, the co-op/sidekick mechanics are surprisingly one of the best I've experienced, also, the story is kind of dark, even if it doesn't look like it. And that charming Majin<3.

Top Bottom