• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major discounts on NISA published Atlus titles (Etrian, Persona) on EU PSN and eShop

Some people might have noticed that last week Persona 4 Golden dropped to a record low of 9.99€ / £6.99 on EU PSN. At the same time Dragon's Crown and Tears to Tiara 2 also dropped to the same price. They look permanent as well.

Well, this week (thursday), the same will happen on EU eShop, which marks the first time these titles ever dropped in price. And they're permanent.

• Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (NIS America, €9.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)
  • Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (NIS America, €19.99 / £17.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (NIS America, €9.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)
  • Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (NIS America, €9.99 / £8.99, was €39.99/ £34.99)

All of those titles have one thing in common, they're Atlus titles that NISA published in Europe, so it seems like it has something to do with their partnership ending. Will NISA lose publishing rights soon and is cashing out?

Anyway, I'd grab the titles you're interested in, as they're cheap as hell.

Eolz

Permanent price drops?! Holy shit, thanks NISA!

Will miss you publishing Atlus titles here...

redlemon

Oh man been waiting a long time for some NISA e-shop sales. Already own all of them save Persona Q. Hopefully some newer games like Etrian Mystery Dungeon will go on sale sometime soon.

Mephala

I already have all the Etrian and Persona that I want... Well, I could get P3P again digital and P4Q but I doubt I'll play them any time soon.

jonno394

For £9 I might give EO:U a go, always wanted to try the series, and seeing as this has two modes, one more similar to a traditional RPG (story mode) it might be the right place to start

Lime

And of course it is impossible to search for NIS America on PSN. I swear, PSN webstore is so trash and straight out of 1995.

It's too bad that I am already buried under a pile of rpg's. Can't buy more of the genre until I finish at least half of what I bought this year :(

aravuus

For £9 I might give EO:U a go, always wanted to try the series, and seeing as this has two modes, one more similar to a traditional RPG (story mode) it might be the right place to start

It does? Huh, might give it a try too. I've also been interested in the series for a while now.

ffvorax

I want to buy Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth & Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers but I have already too many games in my shelves to finish before... so it's good to know that these are permanent, maybe this summer I will buy them! :D

I highly recommend Soul Hackers, it's my favorite non-Persona SMT game. It's fantastic, especially for those like me who are nostalgic for 90s cyberpunk. On a darker note, I feel very anxious about the future of Atlus in Europe, it's starting to look like it's going to get even worse than before if that is even possible.

£9 for Etrian Odyssey IV and Soul Hackers is an absolute steal. If you like RPGs and have a 3DS I have no idea why you wouldn't already own them.

Aru

Is Tears to Tiara 2 worth it? I want to sell my PS3 this year, so I try to avoid buying more games for it but if it's a great game, why not.

Yoshi88

I wonder whether this sale has an 'end date' where the partnership ends and the product gets pulled. It'd be a bit of an ugly scene if that happens.

My thoughts exactly, that's why i will grab EO:U, EO4 and PQ as soon as they get on sale. I have a bad feeling about this and the physical editions are already rare and expensive as of today, hence why i was waiting on a good eShop sale.

Shin-chan

I think that was a mistake where GBP prices between PQ an EOIV were mixed up. I just edited that, makes more sense that way.
I thought so, but that's for clarifying.

I might pick it up for that price but the only Etrian game I've finished was PQ ... yeah.

I always lose interest in the others.

dani_dc

I want all of this games but I rather not spend so much money at once.

But the risk of this being an "end" sale...
I really dislike digital time deals and more so that companies aren't forward about it.

MrT-Tar

I've been meaning to get Soul Hackers for ages, and this is around 60% of the cheapest I've seen it before. I usually don't go for digital unless it isn't available physically, but I can't turn this down.

Wow! Everyone buy Soul Hackers now!

Convince me ! :p

I've bought Persona Q a few weeks ago physical... haven't played yet
damn you Pocket Card Jokey
but I want to try the big 3DS games that I've missed and like Persona, SMT is loved a franchise I haven't tried yet.

I wonder if these will give 50 gold coins for my Nintendo as they were originally 39,99€. Probably not since it's permanent.

Narroo

Chû Totoro;204417330 said:
Convince me ! :p

I've bought Persona Q a few weeks ago physical... haven't played yet
damn you Pocket Card Jokey
but I want to try the big 3DS games that I've missed and like Persona, SMT is loved a franchise I haven't tried yet.

Soul Hackers is a bit different from Persona Q and SMTIV, and yet similar in many ways.

SH is a very old school First Person Dungeon Crawler. It features demon fusion like Persona and SMT, while also having demon recruitment like SMTIV. Managing you're demons is a bit more involved that SMTIV.

Overall, it's a nice game and very interesting if you haven't played too much SMT games.

Knurek

Is the Nintendo account still locked to hardware? What happens if your 3DS breaks, do you lose access to your purchases permanently?

Top Bottom