• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Major full-fledged" Assassin's Creed Sequel Confirmed for 2012

sangreal

Interesting. I've considered all of them full-fledged. Made a huge mistake skipping brotherhood at first thinking it wasn't, actually.

ultron87

Fantastic.

I wonder if it'll be the modern day one to match up with the 2012 in game date that the series has been leading up to.

ezekial45 said:
Just for confirmation; Revelations is ending the Desmond/Altair/Ezio storyline, right?

I think they've just said it ends the Ezio storyline. Or at least this is the last one with Ezio as the primary playable character.

Desmond's story will certainly be continuing.

Moofers

So does that suggest that Brotherhood and Revelations are not full-fledged sequels? That's a pretty lame stance to take since Ezio's story made the series the hit that it is.

And what's the deal with one a year? Take a year off once in a while. Its awesome that they have all been great, but you're going to fatigue people real soon.

Arment

webrunner said:
Please be jack the ripper please be jack the ripper please be jack the ripper

I'm wondering if they'll even do another historical setting. It's quite possible that Desmond will be the primary character with possibly a few trips back into the advanced age era like the video from AC2.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Assassin's Creed 3. Thought we knew this already.

Also, before the dumb "milking talk," as long as they are still awesome games that improve in each iteration, I'll keep buying and playing them.

Carl said:
MIIIILLLLLKKKKK.

Getting bored of AC now

That was quick. How about don't buy one if you're tired of it?

Khezu

Skipped brotherhood and will skip Rev, will buy the true sequel next year.

Nothing against either of the AC2 expansion games, I just don't want to burn myself out on the series.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Carl said:
MIIIILLLLLKKKKK.

Getting bored of AC now
I hate to sound like a hater but yea. If some gaffers on the Steam chat remember, we talked about this a day or two ago.

THIS DOES NOT NEED TO BE A YEARLY FRANCHISE. Give it a rest for a year, damn.

Jump into the Animus to enter the mind of Patrice Désilets circa 2010, as he escapes his Ubisoft captors and forms a resistance movement down the street.

Assassin's Creed 3.

Proper sequel.

The whole storyline is building up towards 2012, so obviously the final chapter in the Desmond storyline is going to be released so that the 'real world' time lines up, at least vaguely.

Plus I imagine the marketing campaign for it could be pretty huge too.

This game probably will be the one to close Desmond storyline and the current arc, so I wonder if they will take the time to create a new assassin for only one game or maybe Desmond will be the assassin for this game.

I understand them wanting to have Assassin's Creed 3 out in 2012 considering the game's plot, but anything past that and they need to slow the hell down.

Kabouter

Looking forward to it :). Haven't played Revelations yet obviously, but if it's as good as Brotherhood, I don't see problems in milking the franchise.

Arment

Khezu said:
Skipped brotherhood and will skip Rev, will buy the true sequel next year.

Nothing against either either of the AC2 expansion games, I just don't want to burn myself out on the series.

I beat AC2 when it first came out. I bought Brotherhood but I'm waiting to get a PC360 controller to play it. I'll probably take a nice long break and play Revelations around the time we start getting harder info on AC3. Then I'll be ready for AC3.

I'm glad I spaced them out. It's one of my favorite new series, and I'm not really burnt at all.

ultron87

Deadly Cyclone said:
Also, before the dumb "milking talk," as long as they are still awesome games that improve in each iteration, I'll keep buying and playing them.

This is how I feel about it.

Brotherhood added plenty of new stuff to keep things interesting. I'm hoping Revelations does the same.

As long as they can keep the quality up I have absolutely no problem with playing a new Assassin's Creed game every year.

And presumably with this one they've been working on it in some capacity since AC2 came out. So there should be lots of improvements.

f0rk

This was always going to happen. Isn't the team working on these games huge? Brotherhood and Revelations both seem(ed) to be pretty iterative over 2 so I can see AC3 being a bigger step forward.

AbsoluteZero said:
Assassin's Creed is Ubisoft's Call of Duty equivalent confirmed?

You mean it sells millions of units and make shit-tons of money every year?

Yeah.

But I would imagine they take a break after AC3, they just want this one out in time for the 2012 time-frame, cause it lines up so perfectly with the in-game plot.

The Antitype said:
You mean it sells millions of units and make shit-tons of money every year?

Well I meant more that they release one every 12 months, but I suppose what you said goes right along side that.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
VGAs announcement trailer sounds most probable.

Kifimbo

Full-fledged just means Assassin's Creed III. It doesn't mean that Brotherhood and Revelations weren't full games. It's similar to Vice City and San Andreas versus GTA III.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Khezu said:
Nothing against either of the AC2 expansion games, I just don't want to burn myself out on the series.
Brotherhood had just as much content as AC2 (more counting multi-player), it's hardly an expansion game and I suspect Revelations will be similar.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Of all the milking of a series I've seen in my time, Brotherhood was pretty damn good, and Revelations looks nice as well. I don't think fans of the series have a problem with them releasing a game every year as long as they keep the quality up.

gdt

You know, lets say the ACs are 30 hour games. Is it really that big a deal if you spend a 30 hour chunk on the same franchise every 365 days?

The games keep getting better, so it's not really milkage in the way we've come to know it.

Top Bottom