• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAJOR Gran Turismo 5 Rumors (2009 December Release?)

iamcool388 said:
I've never played a GT game (except the GTHD demo on PSN), so quite excited about it. My only concern is that it seems too hardcore... What if I just want to drive nice looking cars and race? I dont know if I want to check the suspension or change racing tires or all those other options... I dont even know what half of them mean!

GT's always been extremely scalable in depth and difficulty. If you want to just enjoy racing or time trials with stock settings and every driving aid maxed out, go right ahead. Even the physics engine is adjustable now (standard or professional).

Oh ok... sounds great then! It was pretty much a must buy for me anyways.. had to check out what all the hype was about... but secretly I didnt want to end up staring at the menu screen as soon as I start the game, going "WTF is this shit... is that a cars engine? What am I supposed to do with it?!!" :lol :lol But yeah... day 1 now!

When is day 1 though? What are the odds we find out at E3?

Grayman

How did you avoid GT over the past 10 years?

GT1 and 2 had lots of info in the manuals. GT1 actually shipped one disc in a double disc case so it could have a thick manual in the back.

There are license tests in the career mode of the game that will teach you to drive. Otherwise you can go to arcade mode and probably unlock cars and tracks there(varies game to game)

Goldrusher

Grayman said:
There are license tests in the career mode of the game that will teach you to drive. Otherwise you can go to arcade mode and probably unlock cars and tracks there(varies game to game)

I love the license tests. GT4 had the Duffman theme (Oh Yeah by Yello) when you fail. :lol

Dibbz

Damn I totally forgot about the license tests. GT is amazing, I just want more of it. More tracks, more cars and working pits.

thaOwner

Grayman said:

GT1 and 2 had lots of info in the manuals. GT1 actually shipped one disc in a double disc case so it could have a thick manual in the back.

I had a PS2 and now a PS3 and I haven't played a GT game up to date. When I get the dualshock 3, maybe I will

give it a go and see whats its all about besides the really amazing graphics.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I can't wait for Sony to talk about this more at E3 (I hope). News on this game has gone cold and I hope that means Polyphony has been getting down and dirty to make sure this game ship ASAP. I hope that's why we've had this media blackout as so they can focus on bringing this one home.

spwolf

Neo-Sheperd said:
I had a PS2 and now a PS3 and I haven't played a GT game up to date. When I get the dualshock 3, maybe I will

give it a go and see whats its all about besides the really amazing graphics.

if you didnt play GT5P, there is no reason to wait for GT5.

Grayman said:

PS3 is my first console since... a 16 bit Sega console whose name i forget. Missed out on PS1 and PS2 games. I've bought some PS2 games cuz I have a BC console, and have played some of the top games... but didnt play gt4 cuz the graphics would probably look weak in comparison to GTHD... I'll wait for the full experience to melt my eyes! :D

gantz85 said:
Also I've been thinking about the double SKU issue, but why think when it's oging to be unveiled in 48 hours :lol

If you're talking about the possibility of one version getting all future DLC for free because you pay more for the game from the start, i'm actually surprised that no one else has done this before. It seems like a smart move.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
SolidSnakex said:
If you're talking about the possibility of one version getting all future DLC for free because you pay more for the game from the start, i'm actually surprised that no one else has done this before. It seems like a smart move.
It certainly would be an interesting idea. I think that alot of people would be willing to buy the complete version upfront.

DuckRacer

SolidSnakex said:
It depends how much, how long and how often they're going to release DLC, and what the DLC would actually be. If they're going to release tracks complete with their own single-player events, sign me up.

Honestly, I just want GT5 info. After over four years (five when it releases) I'd be absolutely stunned if GT5 is essentially GT4 with better graphics, and no major improvements like amped up customization or a day-night cycle or dynamic weather or damage, or even little things like saving during 24-hour races or tire marks or custom soundtracks. Just give me some new info, I know it ought to be good!
sun-drop said:
does any one have a link to a jap PSN version save file?

my console YLOD'd a few mths ago,
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/942026.html

gantz85 said:
The fact that his original clue said that it GT Mobile would only be "made in the image of it" is interesting.. It could turn out to be a more arcadey game, I think.

Also I've been thinking about the double SKU issue, but why think when it's oging to be unveiled in 48 hours :lol

If you see the Qore video, it indeed shows Gran Turismo 5 Prologue before PSP Go logo shows. They are definitely trying to make a mobile version of GT (here's hoping both are linked to each other and vehicles unlocked in PSP version is transferable).

Oh and I'm indeed paying for the complete SKU :D

DuckRacer said:
It depends how much, how long and how often they're going to release DLC, and what the DLC would actually be. If they're going to release tracks complete with their own single-player events, sign me up.

I don't expect there to be another GT this gen, so i'd think that there'd be quite a bit of DLC effort poured into the game. Possibly new race modes, cars of course (which would obviously be interesting around car shows), and courses. I'd really have no problem paying $100 for the premium edition. There are Limited Edition games that come with a bunch of useless stuff that cost more than that.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Man I would love a Dec 09 release. I haven't read any of this thread so I honestly have no idea whats going on. :lol I skipped both 4 and the 5 prologue ( i just don't want to play with a demo) so i so fixing for some GT!

spwolf

DuckRacer said:

Honestly, I just want GT5 info. After over four years (five when it releases) I'd be absolutely stunned if GT5 is essentially GT4 with better graphics, and no major improvements like amped up customization or a day-night cycle or dynamic weather or damage, or even little things like saving during 24-hour races or tire marks or custom soundtracks. Just give me some new info, I know it ought to be good!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/save/942026.html

well, i love how you dont want it to be GT4 in HD, and yet you ackowledge all those features that GT5P already gave us :). So i dont know why GT4 has to be refferenced at all - we want better than current standard, which is GT5P.

gantz85

Banned
matthsv said:
It certainly would be an interesting idea. I think that alot of people would be willing to buy the complete version upfront.

No, I don't think the complete SKU will come cheap. I mean, there are probably gonna be a TON of monetized DLC - new vehicles, new maps, etc. for the next few years for GT5.

How much do you think the Premium version will cost? How much are you guys willing to pay for it?

gantz85 said:
No, I don't think the complete SKU will come cheap. I mean, there are probably gonna be a TON of monetized DLC - new vehicles, new maps, etc. for the next few years for GT5.

How much do you think the Premium version will cost? How much are you guys willing to pay for it?

$99.

spwolf

gantz85 said:

they could release it as limited edition sku, etc... but $99? Thats a bit crazy as we dont know what content is going to be added.

It just seems a lot of money... sadly i will probably go for it just because i spent >100 hrs on GT5P

There are so many cars I want to buy right now, only GT5 can stop me from financial ruin!
Hurry up and give me the game

... my man!

gantz85

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
I think it might be more than that, maybe like $120 or $130 like the Halo 3 Ultimate SKU with the helmet

This is my guess as well.

I'm not sure how much DLC there'll be though. Assuming the normal SKU is 60 bucks, they need to make sure the amount of DLC they're selling makes sense with the Premium SKU pricing.

gantz85 said:
I'm not sure how much DLC there'll be though. Assuming the normal SKU is 60 bucks, they need to make sure the amount of DLC they're selling makes sense with the Premium SKU pricing.

Around $100 seems like a good amount. Of course, if the rumors are true about the amount of courses and cars, then i'd imagine many people will be perfectly fine with the standard version of the game.

marwan

Banned
PSP mobile is already heading to PSP Go. and GT on PC is simply BS!!!

the whole SKU is becoming stupid! i mena how much is the full GT5 gonna cost, $200?

marwan said:
the whole SKU is becoming stupid! i mena how much is the full GT5 gonna cost, $200?

No, it's $60. But like a lot of games now, there's going to be DLC. So instead of asking you to pay for that DLC whenever it hits they're going to offer you another version of GT5 that allows you to get that DLC without paying for those individual DLC's because you're buying them upfront. That's assuming that amar's hint was about a premium version and a standard version of GT5.

gantz85

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
No, it's $60. But like a lot of games now, there's going to be DLC. So instead of asking you to pay for that DLC whenever it hits they're going to offer you another version of GT5 that allows you to get that DLC without paying for those individual DLC's because you're buying them upfront. That's assuming that amar's hint was about a premium version and a standard version of GT5.

I do wonder why Polyphony would want to have that kind of SKU differentiation though.. are they cash-short now already?

gantz85 said:
I do wonder why Polyphony would want to have that kind of SKU differentiation though.. are they cash-short now already?

How is that any indication that they're cash short? There will be DLC, we know that. So why not offer gamers the ability to just jump around that by buying a version that can download any DLC released without paying extra cash?

gantz85

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
How is that any indication that they're cash short? There will be DLC, we know that. So why not offer gamers the ability to just jump around that by buying a version that can download any DLC released without paying extra cash?

True, but:

(1) We can assume that DLC content total dollar sum > Premium - Normal SKU dollar difference, meaning Polyphony D. earns less. Let's not talk about inflation for now :lol

(2) A double SKU strategy is harder to manage on the market.

On the other hand:

(1) Cash now is better than cash later because of inflation.

(2) Plus you get the full commitment of players without them being able to back out later for any reason (lost interest, death, etc.)

Honestly, I don't know what the exact reason is behind their strategy. I'd be interested to know; not that they would necessarily reveal why.

Ranger X

gantz85 said:
This is my guess as well.

Since when pricing make sense? They will simply shove it down your troath at the highest price you can swallow and that's all.

For hardcore gamers they catch at first, it's like they are selling a game at a higher price and making instant profit. Now most people play a game for 2 months --- let me bet there will be a significant portion of people that simply won't enjoy all the supposedly DLC they pay for so it's a win for them.

And for those going for the cheap version, they will be happy when you'll buy 2$ cars and 10$ tracks. They also make alleluia lot of money there believe me. All in all if you compare the 2, I'm sure the price wouldn't make sense.

Top Bottom