• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
17vsb8z1zhfnsjpg.jpg

This would be such perfect timing. I'm hesitant to upgrade my XL, but if MM 3D performs better on it and we get a special edition 3DS it would be a no-brainer for me.

Tuulenpoika

Neo Member
Did anyone pay any attention to the final gameplay video bit?

"Then let mother read you a story."

Now why would they add a bit like that in there?

Rich!

Did anyone pay any attention to the final gameplay video bit?

"Then let mother read you a story."

Now why would they add a bit like that in there?

because you always fell asleep after hearing her story unless you had the all night mask. it's a joke for the end of the trailer before it fades to black.

nothing else to it.

Tuulenpoika

Neo Member
That was in the original game.

I meant like, include that particular bit in the trailer. I was expecting something along the "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" or something more iconic line like that.

Or maybe I'm just becoming delusional over the whole Mother 3 thing, haha.

Not entirely buying that the game is playing at 60fps, there are noticeable parts of the video where the model animation is clearly not running at 60fps.

Rich!

I meant like, include that particular bit in the trailer. I was expecting something along the "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" or something more iconic line like that.

Or maybe I'm just becoming delusional over the whole Mother 3 thing, haha.

As I said before, it is there because you always fell asleep after hearing her story unless you had the all night mask. it's a joke for the end of the trailer before it fades to black.

she starts reading you a story, and you fall asleep in the game (or in this case, the trailer ends)

Sesha

Ignoring possible technical stuff like fps and whatever, Zelda fans are the luckiest bastards in the entire media of gaming.

Rich!

now that our cries for majora's mask have been heard and rewarded, lets move onto the next most important thing:

please nintendo, move the "navi" (or "tatl" as it'd be in MM) to the bottom screen. thanks. and give us an option for the classic majora's mask sundial on the bottom screen too, if not there already

test_account

XP-39C²
I hope that the box for the special edition is more sturdy than the flimsy GAME exclusive A Link Between Worlds special edition had. The box for Majora's Mask looks more sturdy in the pics at least. One thing that was good about the GAME exclusive was that the poster was rolled up and not folded though.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
now that our cries for majora's mask have been heard and rewarded, lets move onto the next most important thing:

please nintendo, move the "navi" (or "tatl" as it'd be in MM) to the bottom screen. thanks. and give us an option for the classic majora's mask sundial on the bottom screen too, if not there already
Also, I don't need to click on Tatl instead of moving into the first person camera angle. I was never a Navi hater, but that really irked me last time.

ZeroX03

Banned
because why the hell not?

Because there's no precedent?

Their N3DS enhancements have been button and c-stick focused in marketing. MH4G had slightly better framerate but it wasn't something they ever mentioned. I would not be surprised if MM3D had a better framerate on N3DS but I'm not sure they'll even mention it.

Jamix012

Regarding the accessibility changes, maybe they just stop the clock in the dungeons? Should increase accessibility wihout compromising the game. Other than that, I hope there's a true Master Quest ala Ocarina of Time in there.

What a terrible idea. Please don't change the base game to make it easier. Maybe some extra content, but no difficulty changes.
At best throw in 2 difficulty modes for those who want it.

We'll probably get this next spring but I'm still not sure. Tried to play the GameCube port and it just didn't click for me; too many sidequests/time limits and not enough exploration/overworld for me.

x2601

Neo Member
So, I've played and beaten Ocarina of Time, but never played Majora's Mask.

OoT became one of my all time favorites.

What am I in for with MM?

Jamix012

So, I've played and beaten Ocarina of Time, but never played Majora's Mask.

OoT became one of my all time favorites.

Something very different. Not everyone loves it, but I consider it my favourite game of all time.

CDX

as I posted above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6cXziHpjQ

watch that on chrome. it is running in 60fps. Majora's Mask in 60fps.

I think we can take it as proof that Majora's Mask will be 60fps, likely when played on the New 3DS and 30fps on the OG 3DS. It makes sense

I dunno.

It doesn't look like it's native 60fps to me. Something looks off.

Ocarina of Time 3D was only 30fps in both 2D and 3D mode. I'm not going to be shocked or disappointed if Majora's Mask is also only 30fps.

Rich!

A different experience.

Same basic gameplay, a slightly smaller game world. However, it's absolutely packed of characters, sidequests and action. There are four dungeons which are absolutely massive and more complex than any others in the series. The main focus of majora's mask is on the story and sidequests, which are the best in any Zelda game ever.

Also, you can turn into a goron, zora and deku. And each have their own abilities.

also, forget about people moaning about the time limit. play the song of time backwards and you have more than enough time to do whatever you want - it's amazing game design.

in majora's mask, you end up with a personal connection to most of the characters. you help two of them get married. you help others end their pain and suffering. you witness people going through defiance, grief and then acceptance of their impending deaths. it's dark and disturbing, and will leave a lasting impression on you

Top Bottom