• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They had better release a purple n3DSXL to go along with it.

royox

Artwork from Nintendo twitter:

gWpopLE.jpg

ALSO OMG THAT EUROPE LIMITED EDITION

I don't know why...but I shed a real tear with this pic.

But will it disable streetpass?
Europe getting special treatment again, thanks NoA
These limited editions are a thanks but no thanks as they tend to be GAME and Nintendo UK Stores exclusive and cost RRP (as you only charge less when you need to compete and having a monopoly means you don't). I'll explain the pricing situation:

An A tier 3DS game like Zelda will have an RRP of £40 in the UK (€45 Europe). Retailers will sell this for £31-£35 (don't you love RRP only being recommendations and not mandatory). Looking at the LE it could be £45 or £50 so you're looking at up to £18 more for a steelbook, a pin and some other tat.

Thats better than nothing at all, true but now do you see why the appeal might have waned somewhat. Also convert those numbers to almighty dollars (if the prices seem too hig multiply by 5/6 to take off the 20% tax

zoozilla

as I posted above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6cXziHpjQ

watch that on chrome. it is running in 60fps. Majora's Mask in 60fps.

I think we can take it as proof that Majora's Mask will be 60fps, likely when played on the New 3DS and 30fps on the OG 3DS. It makes sense

If the game does run at 60fps, wouldn't it be more likely that it would be 60fps in 2D mode and 30fps in 3D mode?

I don't know why you assume they'll differentiate between old and new 3DS like that.

Rich!

No.

And I don't see why MM 3D would be either.

because it would be a selling point for this:

If the game does run at 60fps, wouldn't it be more likely that it would be 60fps in 2D mode and 30fps in 3D mode?

I don't know why you assume they'll differentiate between old and new 3DS like that.

because it would likely coincide with the western launch and be a selling point for the N3DS.

bomma_man

been waiting for this since the day OOT3D came out.

Truly the GOAT, a game thats storytelling should've been as influential as OOT's gameplay mechanics.

Rich!

This looks like it's using motion interpolation to me.

Hm. Upon watching it again, yeah maybe so - the sweep in the sewers looks like motionflow...

even so, I still fully believe it will utilize N3DS features. It would be a shame not to do so.

SirNinja

Operation Moonfall: SUCCESS!

Is Grezzo making this one as well? They did a fantastic job with OoT 3D.

Either way, cannot wait. Those who are playing for the first time: you're in for a hell of a treat. And possibly a nightmare or two.

ZeroX03

Banned
because it would be a selling point for this:

because it would likely coincide with the western launch and be a selling point for the N3DS.

How would improved framerate be a selling point to the masses? Did they ever both marketing MH4G's performance benefits in Japan because I don't think they did. They'll focus on the C-stick probably.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I have only played a little bit of the original one, while reading a guide for every single step. Looks like I'll have to pick this one up.

Top Bottom