• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

Tookay

That footage was in the U.S. Direct, as well. It's shown when Iwata is talking about the game after the trailer is shown. You can see for yourself by watching the Direct on Nintendo's channel at YouTube (which is what I just did).

I think that gif has different footage. Just checked the US one myself.

Jay RaR

YES! My favorite all time Zelda game is finally getting a remake! Can't wait to 100% this again! Although I wonder if there are any new things in this remake...

Rich!

I find it irritating theyre just ripping the music straighg from the N64 game

Update the fucking music. It was dumb in Oot3DS and its dumb here

What are you basing this on? We haven't actually heard any ingame music yet. We had one new track and the majora's mask battle theme that could have been taken from the original.

We have no idea what it will sound like yet

3bdelilah

Banned
Does it play on the old 3DS?

I never played this game so it's a very good (and very predictable) news.

Yes, it's for the old 3DS (and of course the New 3DS as well).

And unless GAF has been full of shit, I've seen some post stating it's 60fps on the New 3DS and 30fps (like OOT) on the old 3DS. Again, I don't know if this is true yet.

What are ypu basing this on? We haven't actually heard any ingame music yet. We had one new track and the majora's mask battle theme that could have been taken from the original.

the trailer and what they've done in the past with OoT. To expect big changes would be silly. If they had updated music to show off, the announcement trailer would be the place to do it

original.jpg

Oh my god guys, the atmosphere! This is just amazing. I had a fear they would made the remake more light hearted and less scary but the opposite is thank god the case, they increased the atmosphere! Looks so much better than bland N64 original.

ChrisD

What are you basing this on? We haven't actually heard any ingame music yet. We had one new track and the majora's mask battle theme that could have been taken from the original.

I don't recall a new song. The drums in the opening is on the original Majora's soundtrack.

KarmaCow

Thats not the real issue with redesigning the dungeons - its the fact that the four dungeons are ridiculously complex. I can see absolutely no way they could redesign Snowhead, Great Bay or Stone Tower without literally ripping out everything and starting from scratch.

I think you're overstating the complexity of the dungeons and the MQ remixes were more about gimmicks that preyed upon your expectations than straight up new dungeons anyway

But it's not going to happen either way.

Freeman

Banned

And unless GAF has been full of shit, I've seen some post stating it's 60fps on the New 3DS and 30fps (like OOT) on the old 3DS. Again, I don't know if this is true yet.

Shit is the hardware different so brutal to allow for something like this? It makes me regret getting the old model even more (not that I actually care for the 30/60fps difference to be honest, I just don't like this model of updating consoles like this without any warning).

ZeroX03

Banned

It's all speculation so far. No confirmation of framerate at all.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
The game looks super rough from the US footage... pretty much the same as the N64 version at parts.

3DS version
ud6aIeV.png

N64 version:
JpD1RV1.png

zelda games have sold well on the 3ds, this game was obvious with this fact in mind and it's been teased in iwata asks many times.

The game looks super rough from the US footage... pretty much the same as the N64 version at parts.

3DS version
ud6aIeV.png
they managed to make the left guy even uglier lol

sethbot

I'm super excited about this, it's one of my top 3 favorite games. Been waiting for it ever since they released OoT 3D.

javac

Is this confirmed? Will it be like the Link Between Worlds version?

Not confirmed but they said to come back tomorrow on Twitter regarding a question about when to pre-order. I'd hazard a guess and say it'll be GAME and Nintendo UK Store exclusive in the UK and available at the same shops Bayonetta 2 First Print edition was available across Europe.

Link

Tookay

Pretty much every aspect is improved/updated in terms of polygons, from character models to background objects.

Besides, this room was never much to talk about in the first place.

SegaShack

I definitely agree. Though the overall experience was less for me than OOT (my all-time favourite) with some flaws, it nonetheless has some aspects I consider better than OOT. Definitely worth a try for those who haven't yet.

It really is better in different regards than OOT. They are both truly unique games. Majora's Mask really just has such a cool feel going for it and it feels much different than OOT. One is a big epic adventure. The other is this sort of oddball doomed world you are trying to fix.

I find it irritating theyre just ripping the music straight from the N64 game

Update the fucking music. It was dumb in Oot3DS and its dumb here

No way. The music is great, don't change it. Should re-releases of Super Mario Bros be orchestrated as well? There are no problems with the music in Majora and it would lose something for me if they changed it.

3DS version
ud6aIeV.png

N64 version:
JpD1RV1.png

The lack of anti aliasing for 3DS games makes this look much worse than it should. I can't wait to play Majora's Mask 3D in HD ten years from now on a 3DS emulator.

Top Bottom