• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask - GC edition.. Freezing?!

Started up MM last night (cube edition) and got to the Goron world / dungeon and twice the game has crashed on me. Considering MM's save by the day structure; it's meant that I'd lost over 3 hours of game time. Even if you use the eagle and then the game crashes.. you lose everything. I am unimpressed to say the least. Is this a widely reported glitch; I mean the sounds a tad screwy too but at least they acknowledge that. I am this close to using 2 mem cards and the eagle to continue playing (be on the safe side)

ge-man

Yes, this is widely documented. It's a bitch unless you save often. Going through a dungeon again isn't too bad--it's annoying when you do a whole bunch of other shit then loose your info. If you're not in a dungeon, save as much as possible.

ge-man said:
Yes, this is widely documented. It's a bitch unless you save often. Going through a dungeon again isn't too bad--it's annoying when you do a whole bunch of other shit then loose your info. If you're not in a dungeon, save as much as possible.

actually.. going through the dungeon is BAD. The goron one takes ages to get through and I just picked up the boss key and was going to fight him and save when it crashed. Grrr

:dig out pipe bomb recipe:

ourumov

Majora's Mask is a game I could never enjoy...The beginning was so tedious that I hated it...Perhaps some day I will beat it.

cvxfreak

I wonder if the Japanese game faced the same issues as the U.S. CE. It came out a few months later so NOJ might've corrected some stuff... john tv, anyone?

ge-man

I was lucky enough to have it happen 3 times, the worst one while being in the middle of the Stone Temple. It's random--there's nothing that I have heard of that would trigger it.

"I blame NST."

The problem is that the game needed a real port. OOT works flawlessly on NST's emulator. But like Tenguman said the thing is free so there's isn't a whole lot to complain about.

andthebeatgoeson

I was damn near positive that it was a dirty disk problem. Took some Windex to the fucker and haven't had problems since. Take a look at your disk. It was giving me fits at the end of the first level at the same places. Then it crashed in Goron village. After I cleaned it up, I've had no problems. See if you have any scratches. Other than that, I can't really say what the problem is.

As an aside, some of the best music I've ever heard. Maybe not technical quality wise (since it was off a cart) but damn did they have a great sense of what sounds good. Particularly on cutscenes.

luxsol

Chrono said:
I'm embarrased to ask this question.. but:

With which game does majora's mask come with? How do I get it?

I searched on the net but couldn't find it.. yeah I suck at the internet. I've been away from gaming for sometime so I completely forgot about the gamecube Majora's Mask. And I call myself a Nintendo fan. :(

*hangs head in shame*
It came with Zelda:OoT in a Gamecube bundle, by buying two (?) games and registering them, or with a subscription to Nintendo Power. This was a late 2003 deal.

It's called the Collector's Edition. Ebay it. $30.

Chrono

Banned
luxsol said:
It came with in a Gamecube bundle, by buying two (?) games and registering them, or with a subscription to Nintendo Power. This was a late 2003 deal.

yeah I know.. I just checked and the offer expired. :(

GDGF

Soothsayer
Damn EmSeta, your avatar rules.

As for the question, it was given away as a bonus disc with the GCN when it first went down to $99 bucks some time ago. You'll have to ebay if you want it (or find someone on the board willing to sell or trade)

It's got all of the Zelda's on it (save for the Gameboy and GCN ones) so it's worth it.

Edit: Nevermind :)

ge-man

Do you live in the states? I've seen copies float around Gamestop so try the used games stores before giving up. If all else fails, MM is still widely avaible in the original cart form--you'll be missing out on the other Zelda's though.

Vargas

Majora's Mask is a game I could never enjoy...The beginning was so tedious that I hated it...Perhaps some day I will beat it.

Just get past the first three days and the game becomes a blast. I had the same problems. I bought the game back on October 26,2000 but never finished it, my game was erased by my younger brother and I had to start over but the first three days just annoy me so I just dropped the game altogether. The game was then included in the collection and I decided to give it another go and got past the first three days and had a great time afterwards.

Mrbob

Tenguman said:
Yeah, Majora's Mask was a pretty dirty translation. But, it was free so oh well.

Really? Well I guess EB didn't get the memo. They are selling used copies for 55 bucks! :(

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
CVXFREAK said:
That sucks, especially when they're labeled "Not for Resale." :(

What's really funny is seeing GBA carts with little black marker lines on them, right over the "Not For Resale" notice on demo carts... EB and Gamestop seem to have no problem with selling those.

Yeah mine froze not long after then initial 3 days when I first entered the Deku Village. Sucks because I cbf doing that dodgy 3 days again. The start of the game really is weak. It's a shame because it puts off a lot of ppl from playing through the game.

The game has some of the best dungeons and side quests in a Zelda game ever. So good.

I had an incredibly fun time prior to getting to the GORON village (and this from someone who'd already finished Majora's on the N64). The higher res look of the game helps; I'd never noticed the little cow like thing that seems to be on most of the villager's desk before. It was like amazement. So all up, I must have spent 3-6 hours running around collecting rupees and doign crazy shit.. before I went to snow town. NO CRASHES before this.

then 2 crashes. The second was more unfortunate and I haven't touched the game since. My disc is perfect. No dust and I have never had problems with my cube. VERY disappointing.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Mrbob said:
Really? Well I guess EB didn't get the memo. They are selling used copies for 55 bucks! :(

Really? Holy shit, I need to get my cousin's copy. Ill trade him my copy of NHL 2002 for it or something.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Mrbob said:

It probably has to do with the fact that it a limited collectable and that ebay still has copies going for $40. I feel sorry for anyone that didn't get a copy. I sure did :D

I got my copy on ebay for $15. Not too bad. Never really played Zelda II. Its a great collection to get. Once I could be arse taking out my other Mem card, I'll finish MM's cause it IS brilliant. Wish they'd spent some time coding it. They couidl have had 1 person do the emu port. Damn.

Top Bottom