• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask New 3DS LE does not include game or Adapter in USA

Wow. I never would have thought NoA would fuck this all up so badly. But here we are, with things fucked up pretty badly.

They really deserve the place they're in and, if they don't change, I really hope it gets worse for them.

The New 3DS and New 3DS XL use the same AC adapter as the DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS.

Don't drive away like that. Please explain to me why NOA is a joke for charging $200 instead of $250 to include two items you won't need?

There's always someone ready and willing to defend shit business practices as if they own stock in the shitty business. Today, that someone is you.

1. Slightly misleading.
2. Charge me $240... bundle the game at least goddammit. They did it before with OOT... why not now?
3. It doesn't have the AC Adapter. It'd be OK if this charged through micro USB... it doesn't.

1. It says it on the box
2. They're not charging you $240 though? Just pick up the game with it and you'll get both but a physical copy of the game instead of a digital code.
3. None of the models have AC Adapters

Nintendo of America, everyone!
*slowclap*

Nintendo defense force is fighting the good fight this morning. Do you guys get tired of doing spin for the company on message boards?

hughesta

Banned
It's priced the same as the normal models, I don't see why anyone would think there is a game with it
I agree. If the Zelda design added an extra $50 to the price without including the game, that would be egregious and unacceptable. As it is, I don't see a problem.

lt519

I just noticed this looking at Gamestop, fortunately I didn't pre-order because their 5-10 day shipping for $8 is archaic. Will waltz in day one and grab a black one, probably trade in the old guy.

I'm already over the no charger thing just makes it harder to sell to people who are buying their first one or haven't herd that news.

emb

If it was bundled with a digital pre-install, then it's better off with no game. Digital is worthless to me, personally. Can't even resell that. If it would be a download code, then whatever I guess. That's easy to sell, and neutral to me. If it was a physical copy, that would be a hassle for digital players to sell at a decent price.

Regardless of distribution method, bundling the game would make the Collector's Edition of MM kinda redundant. I think it's better to just let people choose how they'll buy the game, while giving them a chance to get the cool 3DS by itself.

Linkark07

Banned
What annoys me is the fact that it seems Amazon won't have this or the other limited edition.

Screw you NOA. Amazon is the better choice for people who don't live in the US.

Illucio

Banned
It's a terrible trend that North America was never effected by. Why are they doing this now? I can see some kid getting the n3DS for his birthday for is first handheld and have no way to charge it forcing mommy and daddy to go out and complain why it wasn't included. EVERYTHING in America has it's charger included, it's convenient, you don't have to rely on faulty brands, and it's stress free. Nintendo is really bringing up a shit storm while offering good things as well. But I'm still upset, but I'm weak to their offerings. GOD DAMMIT!

I have a question, why are you guys even slightly appreciative of Reggie?

Not having adapters with the console has been par-for-the-course in Europe for a while now and I can almost excuse it since Nintendo has an immense number of SKUs and Europe has a plethora of different power plug formats. But not having the adapter or the game or the normal New 3DS is immensely shitty, not to mention how long it took you guys to get some of the Wii's best exclusives like Xenoblade and Last Story and essentially leaving Wii owners out to dry for a long period of time.

How do you guys excuse this and why aren't people more vocal against Reggie? I understand it's not easy working under a Japanese traditionally-oriented company but heck, Europe is under the same situation, is a smaller market, specially if you divide the different regions and all the languages they need to translate games and documents to and still we get more diverse and unique content much more frequently than the USA does. That makes absolutely no sense.

On a second note, it isn't the first time Nintendo has brought out a Limited Edition console without AC adapter or the game included. I believe the Pokemon Ruby era 3DSXL consoles didn't come with the game either in Europe, but the 2DS special edition consoles of the same game do. It's a really shitty practice that I don't think anyone should support.

georly

Same price are normal XL, already have chargers from my other 3DS... not a problem for me. No reason to get outraged over this specific version. Outrage at the whole New 3DS situation in the US is understandable, though.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Not good. Very bad choice there NOA.

Don't support this shit people. The other regions get it but not USA. Why? lolGreed.

Other regions also didn't have AC Adapters included either ...

That's not a big deal. It's more annoying that they didn't bundle the game as well.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Seriously though, can someone please explain how you charge this thing?

Buy a separate $20 AC Charger. Because 3DS has never charged with micro USB... for... reasons. In 2015.

PD: I have a OOT 3DS (OG), I have the charger. Still, this is bullshit. Why? Penny pinching. But but but Relix it happens in other regions! Why the hell is that acceptable anyway?

Dr. Buni

So they are expecting people to keep their 3DS and buy the N3DS? Well, it is not happening to me. The only way I would buy a N3DS is if sell my XL first, because I neither want two 3DS or have money to buy one without selling the XL first. If I do that, I can't charge the N3DS. Amazing. Thanks, Nintendo. You can keep your N3DS.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I'm sorry but the "Majora's Mask Edition" should come with Majora's Mask. No excuse to not include, say, a digital edition.

It's practically false advertising for it not to, regardless of what it says in the small print.

Scrawnton

Just called my local Gamestop in Pennsylvania and I was told I can reserve the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL in store.

I'm sorry but the "Majora's Mask Edition" should come with Majora's Mask. No excuse to not include, say, a digital edition.

It's practically false advertising for it not to, regardless of what it says in the small print.

Think about it this way, imagine you preordered the limited edition bundle for a physical copy of the game and the statue and you also want the special 3DS, you would be furious if nintendo forced you to buy an expensive bundle with the digital version when you already preordered the LE with a physical copy.

MrFortyFive

Seeing as the price is in line with the other models, no game is fine with me. The lack of an adapter is bullshit though. I know it's been like that in other regions for a while now (still bullshit either way), but I would imagine that there will be some confused customers in the coming months when they can't figure out how to charge their system. Seems strange to me that a rechargeable electronic device is even allowed by law to not come with a means to charge it.

emb

Seriously though, can someone please explain how you charge this thing?
Use your DSi/DSi XL/3DS/3DS XL/2DS charger. I think Nintendo is mostly thinking that a bit proportion of their sales will come from existing customers, and they're wasting a couple bucks per unit giving these people extra adapters. That's true for me at least, I guess.

But it's still annoying. I don't know how they plan to communicate this well enough to new customers. Hopefully there's a clear warning on the box, 'adapter sold separately'. Hopefully the adapter will be cheap when bought separate. Plus I like getting backups for my backups. <.<

Use your old charger or buy a new one? This is how it's worked in every other region forever.
Is there any mobile electronics piece that's sold without a charger? That doesn't happen in the US, sucks for other regions. How would people feel if Apple started selling their products without chargers?

This no-included-charger shit is gross. Inexcusably gross. Not sure whether it's grosser than the way they sold the Wii U with that tiny battery that only took up half the space in the battery compartment of the Gamepad, but it's pretty fucking gross.

Noobcraft

As far as I was aware, none of the new 3DS's come with a charger. If its the same price, then I don't see how this is any greedier than a normal new 3DS.
Right, but for someone like me that wants one, but doesn't have a Nintendo AC adapter, it just creates another problem for me. Can Nintendo not afford to include a $5 AC adapter in the box?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Not good. Very bad choice there NOA.

Don't support this shit people. The other regions get it but not USA. Why? lolGreed.

Nintendo knows their fanbase loves to part with their money, so they're pushing the envelope and taking advantage. Congrats Nintendo on hitting a new low.

Don't drive away like that. Please explain to me why NOA is a joke for charging $200 instead of $250 to include two items you may not need?

They are secretly hiding a price increase by not including the adapter. And plenty of people will assume it comes with the game, including people buying it as a gift for someone else.

Onaco

I've got more than enough adaptors, but I'm upset with it not including the game... I'm still gonna grab one because I LOVE Zelda and Majora's Mask is my favorite. My Birthday is on February 9th anyway.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm more mad that they are trying to sell me 2011 tech in 2015 for $200 with no AC adapter. They threw in a little but more RAM and clocked up the cpu. Wow yay.

I love my 3DS, but damn.

Neiteio

Leaving out the adapter is a bad idea, but leaving out the game is OK, since they would've pre-installed it, and for MM I need to have that glorious game box sitting on my shelf.

Einbroch

Banned
Nintendo of America, everyone!
*slowclap*

Nintendo defense force is fighting the good fight this morning. Do you guys get tired of doing spin for the company on message boards?

I've been super vocal against Nintendo, look at my history if you want, but this isn't a big deal. At all. Even if this is $250 with no game, it's a collector's edition. It's limited. They can charge more if they want. You still have the option of the other versions.

This anger is ridiculous. I don't get it at all.

Top Bottom