• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask New 3DS LE does not include game or Adapter in USA

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Not good. Very bad choice there NOA.

B7UW6fnIAAAq7ll.jpg:large

It says the game is sold separately at the bottom.

Don't support this shit people. The other regions get it but not USA. Why? lolGreed.

People will still rush out to preorder it because it has Zelda art on the lid. It could literally give you crabs and people would still buy it.

Lucifon

No game in the US? That's crazy. The lack of charge adapter is normal from Nintendo. For some reason the US has avoided that trend, but my 3DS XL never came with a charger here in the UK. I mean it's still crazy... but for Nintendo it's normal everywhere but the US.

and is uglier than the MonsterHunter one anyways...so...get an 8 dollar charge cable from amazon and that one

-most people already preordered the MM CE anyways...

Hatchtag

Banned
I get the cause, but if i don't support this shit i'll have to buy it later from a scalper for $300. Fuck that noise.

Scrawnton

What's the big deal? It's the same price as a regular New 3DS XL. Are you mad because or doesn't come with the game for free? Don't buy it.

To be fair, it looks like it costs more with the game pre-installed, as does the MonHun4 Limited Edition which comes with the game.

As for the AC adapter, that's unacceptable, but that's the way it's been in other countries up until now so *shrug*

Question: Would you have rather it cost $240 but come with an eShop copy of the game?

Not including the game gives you a choice. In the UK it will probably be £220 (convert that into your $ for a laugh and to see who is greedy) but hey its okay it comes with the game...lets ignore the system being £180 on its own and the game being cheaper than £40 absolutely everywhere except GAME instore, the Nintendo UK store or the eShop...

As for the AC Adapter. Do we need a 7th thread on this? Welcome to the rest of the world (hypocritical for someone saying they want to treated the same) who didn't get one with the 3DS XL and has gotten on with their lives.

Az987

all good things
Priced the same as the rest and I already have the CE of the game preordered so that makes me more likely to get it.

I could see being upset if it was priced higher but if its not who cares?

Einbroch

Banned
It's the same price. Actually, I think this is the best option if they're not doing a discounted bundle.

Choice is always good.

Same price as the regular models... so why is this suddenly a horrible thing that it doesn't include the game just because it has different art plastered on it?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
It's the price of the normal new 3ds xl model.

Just... buy the game separately?

If it's the same price what's the big deal?

What's the big deal? It's the same price as a regular New 3DS XL. Are you mad because or doesn't come with the game for free? Don't buy it.

1. Slightly misleading.
2. Charge me $240... bundle the game at least goddammit. They did it before with OOT... why not now?
3. It doesn't have the AC Adapter. It'd be OK if this charged through micro USB... it doesn't.

NewFresh

It's priced the same as the normal models, I don't see why anyone would think there is a game with it

This makes this issue a huge difference. If it were at a premium price and the game was still not included that would be one thing; however, you can think of this as just another 3DS, same price, same everything, just paint job.

I was one of those, thankfully I read before pre-ordering. Fuck this greedy ass shit.

Please tell me what's so greedy about it? Are they charging you more for this n3DS XL? Were you expecting the game to come with it for free and are calling Nintendo greedy because they're charging you for games?

im not buying cause they're being really cheap. the regular 3ds xl comes with a charger and its $200, I'm not gonna spend $200 for the new one and it doesn't even include a charger. plus the majoras mask one isn't purple AND the art is the wrong way, no thanks. I was hoping for a smash 3ds. maybe for the next pokemon we'll get a new pokemon xl.

Please tell me what's so greedy about it? Are they charging you more for this n3DS XL? Were you expecting the game to come with it for free and are calling Nintendo greedy because they're charging you for games?

actually yes, they are charging you more.

HIR0

I think even the stand alone New 3DS XL doesn't include the adapter.
That's how it is for Japan and Australia.

Spineker

Banned
Not even the game it's supposed to represent?

Lol fuck me Nintendo, you're still doing those shrooms you were doing when you made Mario

Crayolan

Reggie specified New 3DS's don't come with an adapter, period. Which is dumb, but that's how it is. This isn't any better or worse than that.

Edit: The adapter part, not the game part. That's still terrible.

H3xum

1. Slightly misleading.
2. Charge me $240... bundle the game at least goddammit. They did it before with OOT... why not now?
3. It doesn't have the AC Adapter. It'd be OK if this charged through micro USB... it doesn't.

1. Not misleading if you can read the box
2. People would complain that it's not 230 and still say "whats the point"
3. Welcome to 3DS

Smash 3DS XL didnt have the game. Persona Q 3DS XL didnt have the game. Both of them cost the same as a normal XL. why would the game be included for the same cost? It would cost 230 like monster hunter does on gamestop with a digital copy. Here most people preordered the game CE anyway. No double dipping. Makes sense. No charger on the other hand is dumb.

im not buying cause they're being really cheap. the regular 3ds xl comes with a charger and its $200, I'm not gonna spend $200 for the new one and it doesn't even include a charger. plus the majoras mask one isn't purple AND the art is the wrong way, no thanks. I was hoping for a smash 3ds. maybe for the next pokemon we'll get a new pokemon xl.

actually yes, they are charging you more.

Its not the same price as a regular n3DS XL? If it isn't then that actually does kind of suck.

Noobcraft

This is like Microsoft releasing a Halo edition Xbox One without Halo or the power brick. "It's the same price guys! That makes it OK!"

Top Bottom