• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Majority of Americans now support Trump's impeachment

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
Just over half of voters want President Trump impeached and removed from office, according to a Fox News Poll released Wednesday.
A new high of 51 percent wants Trump impeached and removed from office, another 4 percent want him impeached but not removed, and 40 percent oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42 percent favored impeachment and removal, while 5 percent said impeach but don’t remove him, and 45 percent opposed impeachment.

Since July, support for impeachment increased among voters of all stripes: up 11 points among Democrats, 5 points among Republicans and 3 among independents. Support also went up among some of Trump’s key constituencies, including white evangelical Christians (+5 points), white men without a college degree (+8), and rural whites (+10).

Among voters in swing counties (where Hillary Clinton and Trump were within 10 points in 2016), support for impeachment increased to 52 percent, up from 42 percent in July.

More at the source: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-record-support-for-trump-impeachment
It took a while, but even the Republican crowd is starting to turn. Given his acting out and enormous ego, I can see him making more and more mistakes until eventually calling it quits. Just today Pence was repeatedly in denial that Trump ever asked Ukraine to gather information on Biden. It looks really bad. Unlike the Trump/Russia collusion, Kavanaugh witch hunt, or various sexual harassment allegations, I think Trump stepped in it this time. Though I don't see it as a big deal, this little mole hill is already turning into a giant mountain for him as he's showing signs of cracking. Cue the Trump Defense Force soundtrack.

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018

I don’t pick sides. I don’t like the right or left. I don’t like the office. Or the system.
I stopped playing stupid games a long time ago.
If they had anything on trump they would have done it already. Everything has turned to dust.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Ps - putting shit like 'cue defense force' or 'now come all the anti- or pro- talking points' at the end of your post just undercuts your own post. Yes, surprise, when you say something, people who disagree with you will speak up. You aren't making your position stronger by trying to undercut them before they speak, you are illustrating your own lack of intellectual honesty.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
And every digital poll in 2016 said Hillary was going to win. And look how that turned out.

People got to remember that the average digital poller is likely going to be some urbanite on their tablet or cellphone who is democrat.

That's why every poll during the 2016 election said Hillary is forecasted to win, but when all voters actually voted, all those small town USA yee-hawing right wingers that skew to an older age came out and voted Trump.

It's like having a digital poll on whether someone plays Fortnite or Minecraft. You will get X% saying they play it. But if every adult actually had to vote (whether they are an internet surfer or gamer or not), I'd bet every dollar I have the % of people who say they play these games when everyone is accounted for in a vote would be less than a digital poll.

Reactions: rykomatsu

monegames

Sep 26, 2014
Did they do the same thing the other poll I read about that had similar numbers do, ask for the youngest adult in the home to take the survey? They didn't mention it, but didn't mention how they actually handled the calls.

Swass

Jun 3, 2014
And every digital poll in 2016 said Hillary was going to win. And look how that turned out.

People got to remember that the average digital poller is likely going to be some urbanite on their tablet or cellphone who is democrat.

That's why every poll during the 2016 election said Hillary is forecasted to win, but when all voters actually voted, all those small town USA yee-hawing right wingers that skew to an older age came out and voted Trump.

It's like having a digital poll on whether someone plays Fortnite or Minecraft. You will get X% saying they play it. But if every adult actually had to vote (whether they are an internet surfer or gamer or not), I'd bet every dollar I have the % of people who say they play these games when everyone is accounted for in a vote would be less than a digital poll.
Polls were accurate, she won the popular vote, which is what they predicted.

Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Polls were accurate, she won the popular vote, which is what they predicted.

Fox News Poll: Record support for Trump impeachment

Last edited:

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
Polls are interesting not for their absolute value, because there is always a margin of error indeed, but for the trends. +8% in three months isn't something to ignore.
Also people trying to dismiss this with "orange man bad" are being just as hollow as the strawman they're pretending to quote. It's a topic about factual statistic observations, not people pushing an arbitrary opinion on Trump without having anything to back it up.

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
Polls are interesting not for their absolute value, because there is always a margin of error indeed, but for the trends. +8% in three months isn't something to ignore.
Also people trying to dismiss this with "orange man bad" are being just as hollow as the strawman they're pretending to quote. It's a topic about factual statistic observations, not people pushing an arbitrary opinion on Trump without having anything to back it up.
TDS meets TCS

danielberg

Neophyte
Jun 20, 2018
It's a topic about factual statistic observations, not people pushing an arbitrary opinion on Trump without having anything to back it up.
But the issue is the media has been making up lies again and "pushing arbitrary opinion without having anything to back it up" again as you describe it.
They sold you adam schiffs words as truth just days ago, then bidens until his bragging video emerged (which the media then tried to bury) and then schiff again with the "no contact" lie... so meh.

Last edited:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
Keep pushing that narrative. It's satisfactory to see Trash supporters push his insecurities (going out of his way to paint himself for the sake of appearance) out in the open.
I mean it's pretty much factual that they have been looking to remove him since the night he won. It was her turn and he ruined it! Bad man!

It's nothing but a bunch crybaby sore losers who can't beat him.

Last edited:

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
But the issue is the media has been making up lies again and "pushing arbitrary opinion without having anything to back it up" again as you describe it.
They sold you adam schiffs words as truth just days ago, then bidens until his bragging video emerged (which the media then tried to bury) and then schiff again with the "no contact" lie... so meh.
Didn't the White House release a transcript that described Trump asking for a foreign investigation of his opponents ? Didn't Trump openly admit doing it, and even claim he'd ask China too ? One can argue if it's right or wrong, and worth a destitution (that's the whole point of the procedure), but you can't pretend there's nothing to discuss. Saying "lying media" or "sore losers"is your own version of "orange man bad"

Lamel

Nov 2, 2009
This isn’t even the first poll showing this, there were 2 released last week week with higher margins:

55%

58%. In this one 18% of republicans also support removal, not just impeachment.

Even republicans support it 20-25%.

*cue 10 more orange man bad posts*

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
Jun 20, 2018
Didn't the White House release a transcript that described Trump asking for a foreign investigation of his opponents ? Didn't Trump openly admit doing it, and even claim he'd ask China too ? One can argue if it's right or wrong, and worth a destitution (that's the whole point of the procedure), but you can't pretend there's nothing to discuss. Saying "lying media" or "sore losers"is your own version of "orange man bad"
You seem to be under the miss conception that its not allowed to ask other countries to help investigate corruption sorry you are wrong, also being a canidate doesnt protect against being investigate for corruption (or democrats would be in jail for muh russia and foreign help with it).
Hell you fuckers accuse trump of doing something for which you have no prove while biden actually is doing what you accuse trump of doing with video recording of biden bragging baout it ... but you ignore it.
Do you see just how fucking insane this is in my eyes? Hell i am 100% CONVINCED you have not even read the transcript do you even know what was asked? do you know about crowdstrike?

Last edited:
Reactions: Oner and Eiknarf

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
I am just curious, but all the folks yelling "orange man bad" as a counter argument, do you not see anything wrong with Trump's actions of leveraging aid to Ukraine for dirt on Biden (perhaps you don't suspect this was the case at all?). I understand you think it was Trump weeding out corruption, but is that how these things are done? Does a sitting president asking a foreign leaders to investigate his major opponent's son's involvement in some gas company reasonable? Biden admitted to whatever he did publicly, so it's not like he was hiding anything.

I've seen people defend trump for falsifying the hurricane map with a sharpie, though I don't think people here are that far gone. Just trying to see where some of you draw the line.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
I am just curious, but all the folks yelling "orange man bad" as a counter argument, do you not see anything wrong with Trump's actions of leveraging aid to Ukraine for dirt on Biden (perhaps you don't suspect this was the case at all?). I understand you think it was Trump weeding out corruption, but is that how these things are done? Does a sitting president asking a foreign leaders to investigate his major opponent's son's involvement in some gas company reasonable? Biden admitted to whatever he did publicly, so it's not like he was hiding anything.

I've seen people defend trump for falsifying the hurricane map with a sharpie, though I don't think people here are that far gone. Just trying to see where some of you draw the line.
it wasn't the case at all

what's unreasonable about asking a foreign leader to investigate someone?

that biden admitted to something means dick little

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019

Are you even a real person? In what way did he leverage such aid? Have you read his actual words? Also, we are in an anti-corruption agreement with Ukraine, we have video of Biden openly bragging that he told the Ukrainians to fire the lawyer investigating his son's shady company or he'd withhold a billion dollars, that is an ACTUAL quid pro quo done for a family member. Ukraine would help investigate because the son was involved with Ukraine, why aren't any Democrats removed from office/barred from running for office for getting the help of the British and Russians to create the dossier on Trump?

The defense for the sharpie on the map would be it's another stupid news story based on nothing. It's all "anonymous sources said this happened" and people like you gobble it down because you can't think for yourself.

Patriots7

Jul 15, 2008

I commend you for trying to address the forum through a civil conversation, but truthfully, you're just going to get baseless responses that are not just shallow but completely devoid of reality. You'll frustratingly attempt to respond but it's impossible to actually argue if people generally don't want to hear what you're saying and will contort and manipulate half truths in order to dismantle anything that is not outright praise and deference to Trump.

The man said he could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and none of his supporters would care. This might be one of the few things he's actually right about.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
I'm not American so I really couldn't give a shit about who is President. But I like Trump purely for the fact that it shows how mentally unfit people on the left really are. It's funny.
just screwing with you dude, check out this thread for context

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
Are you even a real person? In what way did he leverage such aid? Have you read his actual words? Also, we are in an anti-corruption agreement with Ukraine, we have video of Biden openly bragging that he told the Ukrainians to fire the lawyer investigating his son's shady company or he'd withhold a billion dollars, that is an ACTUAL quid pro quo done for a family member. Ukraine would help investigate because the son was involved with Ukraine, why aren't any Democrats removed from office/barred from running for office for getting the help of the British and Russians to create the dossier on Trump?

The defense for the sharpie on the map would be it's another stupid news story based on nothing. It's all "anonymous sources said this happened" and people like you gobble it down because you can't think for yourself.
By all means feel free to defend this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.breitbart.com/news/trump-just-cant-let-go-on-sharpie-gate/amp/

I've even linked probably one of your favorite news outlets.

Reactions: OptimusApex

danielberg

Neophyte
Jun 20, 2018
I commend you for trying to address the forum through a civil conversation, but truthfully, you're just going to get baseless responses that are not just shallow but completely devoid of reality. You'll frustratingly attempt to respond but it's impossible to actually argue if people generally don't want to hear what you're saying and will contort and manipulate half truths in order to dismantle anything that is not outright praise and deference to Trump.

The man said he could shoot someone on Fifth Ave and none of his supporters would care. This might be one of the few things he's actually right about.
In actuality its not even worth to respond to stuff like this especially not when it has the aura of "we know better" around it sorry doesnt fly anymore not after the last two years of russia collusion conspiracy.
And what did you do afterwards? Instead of looking at the people who lied to you, you instead choose to continue to go after people who have been slandered for the last years by the same lies.
This is what i mean when i say its not even worth responding or arguing anymore since people like you already didnt change your mind even after you found out you got played for 2 years... so what am i gonna say that changes anything? lol

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
In actuality its not even worth to respond to stuff like this especially not when it has the aura of "we know better" around it sorry doesnt fly anymore not after the last two years of russia collusion conspiracy.
And what did you do afterwards? Instead of looking at the people who lied to you, you instead choose to continue to go after people who have been slandered for the last years by the same lies.
This is what i mean when i say its not even worth responding or arguing anymore since people like you already didnt change your mind even after you found out you got played for 2 years... so what am i gonna say that changes anything? lol
Sums it up pretty well, to be honest.

I'm willing to argue and disagree and debate and shout at people all in good faith, for the sake of good clean fun. But when someone is wrong and refuses to be wrong, there's something deeply unsatisfying about discussing anything with such a person. We wouldn't spend much time -- let alone having drawn-out debates -- with people who behave this way in real life. We would recognize them for the nutcases they are and move on with our day.

Reactions: HeresJohnny