• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine going on holiday, and dying because your flight-operatives ignore airspace rules, and a gung-ho military take drastic action instead of negotiating

RIP

Knowing a good amount of pilots, I highly doubt the crew ignored any airspace rules. This is likely on Russia. Shits about to get real

Knoxcore

Again from Malaysia Airlines? Is it just a sheer unlucky period for them or are the planes being rushed and not taken car of?

There will be a massive global riot in the diplomatic departement if the plane turns out to be shot down, though.

Even more so for Boeing. The 777 was considered the safest passenger jet prior to 2013. Then we had the crash landing in SF, MH370 and now this.

SimleuqiR

jZuNzbZZNuiqn.JPG

JESUS!!

Yeah, I sadly feel this will go "unpunished", as with the Korean and Iranian planes.

You forgot how much hate there is between the Russians and the rest of the world.

I highly doubt that, in this era filled with social media and everyone hearing about it from the get go, it will be ignored.

kaskade

I'm waiting to hear something more official before I think anything either way. But it's really damn unfortunate for the people on board.

Altazor

this is absolutely terrible. RIP the passengers and crew, my condolences to the families of all the deceased. I can't even begin to imagine their pain in this moment.

Linkhero1

Even more so for Boeing. The 777 was considered the safest passenger jet prior to 2013. Then we had the crash landing in SF, MH370 and now this.

I don't think this should have any weight on how safe the plane is. It was shot down. No pilot error or malfunction was involved in this particular situation.

Randomizer

The Russians shot down a Korean passenger jet that accidentally invaded their airspace. There was no response

The Americans also shot down an Iranian jet and there was no response
I assume that won't be the case this time. Propaganda on both sides are just waiting to get one over on each other and whoever is at fault will no doubt be facing a shit storm.

Volimar

Can a passenger plane even detect incoming missiles? Like would they have even had a shot at some sort of evasive maneuvers? I know 777s don't exactly turn on a dime...

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Did they go near a no-fly zone perhaps? Man I sure hope no trigger happy military person shot them down

I'm not sure any no-fly zones have been established. It sounds stupid, but they'll fly over hot zones all day long unless someone actually puts out a bulletin that says that all non-military traffic is forbidden, and that still relies on the flight planner to actually put it in the log and divert the flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom