• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysian PC Gamer sez Grand Theft Auto 4 PC "soon, possible"

Endless

dsc00560.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
About time. Let's see if the pc version and mod support can bring me back to the series after the lame console edition.

^^^agreed. Where the hell is condemned 2? >:|

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, thats my 360 version assured of a trade in, thanks Rockstar, couldn't resist the allure of PC yet again.

I was just thinking about when this was going to happen.

The only thing that I want that would be found in the PC version is the less pop-in and quicker loads. But this should be remedied in the new Dashboard update on the 360.

Although, the mods could be very interesting.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Revolutionary said:
Awesome, now PC gamers, too, can let out a collective "meh" a few days after it's released.
And then wait for the mods to fix that and bring in the awesome instead.

Revolutionary said:
Awesome, now PC gamers, too, can let out a collective "meh" a few days after it's released.

Why so serious?

I knew that it was only a matter of time before GTA would be heading towards the PC--- plus the fact that the mod support is going to make the game even better than what's shipped is good enough for me.

I wonder if this'll be released on Steam and what will happen to the Grand Theft Auto bundle? Will they add this to that bundle and if they do will they give a discount on GTA4 to those who bought the bundle prior to GTA4 being added?

Cheeto

Revolutionary said:
It'll be much more enjoyable after I take the watercolor backgrounds out.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Y2Kev said:
hmmm, once they mod the hell out of it I might be interested.

So, in 5 years then? I doubt any of the modding crews will be able to perform the wonders they did last-gen, and if they do it's gonna take a looooong time. still, modded super-cheats alone could be quite fun.

PnCIa

Cheeto said:
It'll be much more enjoyable after I take the watercolor backgrounds out.
This. I hope higher framerates will make the aiming feel less sluggish. And maybe it´s possible to fix Niko´s movement, it feels so indirect. But i doubt it.

Monsterland said:
I had this on the 360. A higher resolution and frame rate will not help this game.
...notice that higher resolution and higher frame rate on the PC is implied and that we're talking about mods, not playability.

Haunted

1080p+ and 60fps = definitive version confirmed.

Hopefully the mod community can help alleviate some of the game's problems and up the replayability by increasing the ways to FUCK SHIT UP.

Although I still think it's a mistake to let Saint's Row 2 beat them to the punch.

Expect a flood of second hand 360/PS3 copies to appear when this baby is released.

I was waiting for this, but after all the poor impressions overall, now i'm skeptical.

I wish I hadn't given up on San Andreas at the last mission; I want a GTA fix but I really don't want to have to plow through it again.

Haunted One said:
1080p+ and 60fps = definitive version confirmed.

Hopefully the mod community can help alleviate some of the game's problems and up the replayability by increasing the ways to FUCK SHIT UP.

Although I still think it was a mistake to let Saint's Row 2 beat them to the punch.

Expect a flood of second hand 360/PS3 copies to appear when this baby is released.

Most of the things that people have been bitching about won't really be fixed by a PC release. Chases will still be scripted. People that hated the driving will still hate the driving on the PC. Missions overall will still be pretty boring. The only two things I really want out of a PC version is a cheat for completely damage proof cars and the ability to mess around with the gravity.

Top Bottom